Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

'We shooted ourselves in the head'

...sometimes I wish that were true where NCFC is concerned.

Shocking performance, there''s no two ways about it. Woeful. For me, here''s where we went wrong.

• 3 of our defenders had a shocker. Kennedy didn''t win a header or a tackle all evening. Betrand and Semmy were caught out of position, and in pocession, time and time again.
  • Matty Pattison. Scored again, meaning his match rating goes up to zero. He was the worst of them. Can''t pass, can''t do anything. What he was thinking for their 2nd goal I just don''t know. Very nice of our new mascot the lema and Captain canary to do a reconstruction of it at half time anyway.
  • The last part of the trinity- Henry, Zidane, Antoine Sibierski. How the hell did this guy become a professional footballer? As my brother actually pointed out, it wasn''t he worst showing for Norwich, making it even sadder, ''cos he''s was dire. Kuqi showed us all what a proper centre-forward should do. He held up the ball, distributed well, and was generally, a pain in the backside all night.
  • Leroy Lita. Please, god, if we have any money whatsoever to spend, let us not spend it on him in January. We saw tonight why Reading have disregarded him. He just didn''t look interested at all. He didn''t move into the channels, was offside (along with Bell) far too many times, and looked about as threatening as Jamie Cureton.
  • Glenn Roeder. Why don''t you like Hoolahoop? He is clearly one of our best players. Palace couldn''t get anywhere near him in the second half. Why?

Rant over. Bring on Ipswich anyone?

you will beat ipswich

everytime you got to the end of your teathers you have won, wolves and forest

think ipswich will be the same and hope it is. good luck!

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

...sometimes I wish that were true where NCFC is concerned.

Shocking performance, there''s no two ways about it. Woeful. For me, here''s where we went wrong.

• 3 of our defenders had a shocker. Kennedy didn''t win a header or a tackle all evening. Betrand and Semmy were caught out of position, and in pocession, time and time again.

• Matty Pattison. Scored again, meaning his match rating goes up to zero. He was the worst of them. Can''t pass, can''t do anything. What he was thinking for their 2nd goal I just don''t know. Very nice of our new mascot the lema and Captain canary to do a reconstruction of it at half time anyway.

• The last part of the trinity- Henry, Zidane, Antoine Sibierski. How the hell did this guy become a professional footballer? As my brother actually pointed out, it wasn''t he worst showing for Norwich, making it even sadder, ''cos he''s was dire. Kuqi showed us all what a proper centre-forward should do. He held up the ball, distributed well, and was generally, a pain in the backside all night.

• Leroy Lita. Please, god, if we have any money whatsoever to spend, let us not spend it on him in January. We saw tonight why Reading have disregarded him. He just didn''t look interested at all. He didn''t move into the channels, was offside (along with Bell) far too many times, and looked about as threatening as Jamie Cureton.

• Glenn Roeder. Why don''t you like Hoolahoop? He is clearly one of our best players. Palace couldn''t get anywhere near him in the second half. Why?

Rant over. Bring on Ipswich anyone?

[/quote]

Spot on, I wouldn''t post last night as I was so angry, at another pathetic performance.

From the OP''s quote it would appear that Roeder is now responsible for mangling the Queen''s English as well!

In fact he said;

"It was about us shooting ourselves in the head" 

My immediate reaction when I first saw the line up last night was "WTF! No defenders on the bench?"

Sigh! If I can see it, being a person with no experience of managing a football club, then why can''t Roeder, a professional football manager? The bench is there to cover all angles. Didn''t we have another Defender available? Give a lad from the reserves or youth setup a place if need be. I''m sick of all this playing players out of position cr*p. What message does that send to the fringe kids and reserve defenders? "You''re not good enough so i''ll play a midfielder there ahead of you."

In fact, why have a reserve team? Lets cut it and save some money... screw it, let''s close Colney and have them training with army units.

I''m really deeply concerned right now. Our football club have become a joke.