Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Avoid Hillsbrough

Can we please make an effort to not go to this game. It would send a real message to the players and the management that the results they have been getting are not good enough. Plus I would get to laugh at Delia sitting on her tod in an empty stand. Lets face facts, it is a game we have already lost, why waste your money?

I was offered tickets for The game but just couldn''t bring myself to part with only £20, i have had a gut full of this situation and don''t enjoy the home games let alone going away, having said that the fans that travel away week after week deserve huge credit and the club should give them something back for their support.

I dont care Wiz, I honestly dont. What I care about is my fellow fans being ripped off and exploited. I promise those of you that plan to go to this game that we will lose, and lose convincingly. PLEASE, PLEASE dont waste your money on a bunch of useless players who have no desire to make you happy. We are going to get turned over big time. Dont do it to yourselves.

is the crowd really going to effect the players into a performance? im sure you have a worse result with little fans there than having 2k their getting behind them in the tough time

[quote user="we are top league we are top league "]

is the crowd really going to effect the players into a performance? im sure you have a worse result with little fans there than having 2k their getting behind them in the tough time

[/quote]

Its the message it sends. The result is almost forfitted.

sheff weds is very winnable game, and vital game for you as well given league positions of you both

if you really had to boycott a game it should be home not away

Hillsborough is a ground with approximately 50,000 capacity.  It looks half full at the best of times.  You wouldn''t miss 2000 people not going.

sheff weds is very winnable game, and vital game for you as well given league positions of you both

if you really had to boycott a game it should be home not away

[/quote]

when are you going away to a wolves forum? whether you mean to or not i find your posts really patronising! im sure your really quite happy to see us struggling and you get some sort of kick seeing how low we are to make you feel even better about being a wolves fan.

anyway back to the post i will not be boycotting the hillsborough match, one of my most favourite away games, despite lack of alcohol in ground! home games need to be boycoted to make a point but it will never happen. fans who say they will boycott after a barron run soon forget when we win one game, then it starts all over again when we lose the next untill you guessed it we win again!

how my posts patronising? bar my name i dont mention wolves position at all, and i only put it as my name because didnt expect us to stay there

all im saying is i dont agree with the boycott but if you did wouldnt it be better at home? say 5k supporters stayed away im sure large % of those would buy programmes, food, alchol etc... whilst away it wouldnt really effect the club.

Why boycott when are players need there fans to support them we are going thorugh a rocky patch and shouldn''t go up in arms when ever we hit a road bump.

Stop complaining and start supporting you club leave the negitivity at home and get behind your team thats what we need at this point in time, not silly protests and boycotting.

how my posts patronising? bar my name i dont mention wolves position at all, and i only put it as my name because didnt expect us to stay there

all im saying is i dont agree with the boycott but if you did wouldnt it be better at home? say 5k supporters stayed away im sure large % of those would buy programmes, food, alchol etc... whilst away it wouldnt really effect the club.

[/quote]

just becuase your posting on topics that we are really hurting over like how poor our team is at the moment, so you cant really understand or care like us so i just dont know why you do it, and i just dont care for points made by someone about norwich who isnt norwich through and through like 99% of the fans on here.

sorry if this seems harsh but that is why i find your posts patronising.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Hillsborough is a ground with approximately 50,000 capacity.  It looks half full at the best of times.  You wouldn''t miss 2000 people not going.[/quote]

which hillsborough are you on about? more like 40,000 tops!

[/quote]

Crikey, you''re right Lincoln. "Back in my day" it was closer to 50k.  Look at the capacity though, and the average attendance.  The place pretty much looks half full all year round, apart from the Sheffield Derby and Cup matches.  The away fans are hidden away in an upper tier too, any boycott would go pretty much unnoticed.

Capacity: 39,814 2007/08 average: 21,410
For visitors: 3,700 in the upper tier of the West Stand (Leppings Lane) end of the ground.

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

Why boycott when are players need there fans to support them we are going thorugh a rocky patch and shouldn''t go up in arms when ever we hit a road bump.

Stop complaining and start supporting you club leave the negitivity at home and get behind your team thats what we need at this point in time, not silly protests and boycotting.

[/quote]

Deluded, compleatly bloody deluded!

You are the indirect cause of our woes with your happy clappy supporting.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Hillsborough is a ground with approximately 50,000 capacity.  It looks half full at the best of times.  You wouldn''t miss 2000 people not going.[/quote]

which hillsborough are you on about? more like 40,000 tops!

[/quote]

Crikey, you''re right Lincoln. "Back in my day" it was closer to 50k.  Look at the capacity though, and the average attendance.  The place pretty much looks half full all year round, apart from the Sheffield Derby and Cup matches.  The away fans are hidden away in an upper tier too, any boycott would go pretty much unnoticed.

Capacity: 39,814 2007/08 average: 21,410
For visitors: 3,700 in the upper tier of the West Stand (Leppings Lane) end of the ground.

[/quote]

dont forget there cup final against us! think they had 37,000 in for the last seasons last game of the season! the atmosphere at that game was great but yeah will be very differant this saturday when the grounds half empty. still i really like hillsborough feels like a proper football ground

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]as I said though, I can''t hep but go when I get the chance, I guess I don''t go enough!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

or

Loyal, completely bloody Loyal

it fine lincoln, i just try to put altenative view across without trying be to in your face if you get me [:)]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

or

[/quote]

Its that blind loyality which will see us relegated.........if Smith was a bloke, there would be demo''s every week!

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="we are top league we are top league "]

[/quote]

just becuase your posting on topics that we are really hurting over like how poor our team is at the moment, so you cant really understand or care like us so i just dont know why you do it, and i just dont care for points made by someone about norwich who isnt norwich through and through like 99% of the fans on here.

sorry if this seems harsh but that is why i find your posts patronising.

[/quote]

iam sorry but most of the so called fasn on this site are a bunch of moaning idiots that when the club go through a rocky patch can only come up with we must protest, we must lose so we cna get the board/manager/kit guy out the club.

A true fan is a person that gets behind theer team in these rough patches and cheers them on to better things, not saying whats the point in going, we just going to lose, just stay at home. Because that type of fan we do not want at are club, **** off down the road.

We should be supporting are team through thick and thin, cheering them on to bigger and better things.

Just becasue another teasm fan come son the site and trys to have decent debates and talks some sense you have to put him down and tell him to go away becasue you dont wnat to here what he is saying is right.

We shouldn''t boycott or protest WE MUST SUPPORT ARE TEAM!!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

or

[/quote]

Its that blind loyality which will see us relegated.........if Smith was a bloke, there would be demo''s every week!

[/quote]

and if the supporters who want protests ( like you ) had some balls then there would be. there is one thing worse then those supporters who just accept poor displays with out comment, and thats the ones that whinge and moan all the time but dont have big enough balls to do somthing about it. put up or shut up

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope iam not happy clappy i support the TEAM not the board, teh Board arnt out there week in week out playing the football are they, i support my team and don''t want them to get relegated, so i support them call me blind loyalty or whatever but i will support Norwich in what ever league they are in, Priemiership or conferance south it doesn''t matter to me.

I get annoyed when we dont play well, but i will still cheer them on what ever happens, and i will continue to do so

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope iam not happy clappy i support the TEAM not the board, teh Board arnt out there week in week out playing the football are they, i support my team and don''t want them to get relegated, so i support them call me blind loyalty or whatever but i will support Norwich in what ever league they are in, Priemiership or conferance south it doesn''t matter to me.

I get annoyed when we dont play well, but i will still cheer them on what ever happens, and i will continue to do so

[/quote]

And that plays into their hands every single time, stop being so gullible!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

when are you going away to a wolves forum? whether you mean to or not i find your posts really patronising! im sure your really quite happy to see us struggling and you get some sort of kick seeing how low we are to make you feel even better about being a wolves fan.

[/quote]

I too am finding your posts ( and constant changes of name) really irritating, its a bad time for us Norwich fans, just leave us alone and go celebrate your Wolves happiness on your Wolves forum.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

I too am finding your posts ( and constant changes of name) really irritating, its a bad time for us Norwich fans, just leave us alone and go celebrate your Wolves happiness on your Wolves forum.

[/quote]

1. who says im happy, its sad day for us

2. just because im on here, doesn''t mean i cant post on wolves forums

3. my name change was posted on "not football forum" to inform people

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

Lets face facts, it is a game we have already lost, why waste your money?

[/quote]I thought this game was being played on 29th November and so I am at a loss to understand how "we have already lost".  Do you mean that you believe we will lose or are you saying that you are involved in some kind of match fixing and that you have ''arranged'' the result?Maybe the team will lose, but then people were saying that we would lose at Forest, especially as the game was on Sky.  Maybe, the team will win and the few that make the trip will genuiney be able to have something to cheer about.  But unless you know differently, and please tell us if you do, this game has not yet been played, no result ''arranged'' and therefore is not a game "we have already lost".