Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Jon Otsemobor

Does this guy actually have a brain??

He has so many attributes that should make him a top class footballer, but he just seems unable to think on the pitch. Too many times he makes the wrong decision, or just seems to be day dreaming while the game unfolds around him.

To some extent the same could be said for Bell - there really is no excuse for continually getting offside when he is in a position to see right across the back line. Really poor stuff.

Dya know what I mean?!?!

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Does this guy actually have a brain??

He has so many attributes that should make him a top class footballer, but he just seems unable to think on the pitch. Too many times he makes the wrong decision, or just seems to be day dreaming while the game unfolds around him.

To some extent the same could be said for Bell - there really is no excuse for continually getting offside when he is in a position to see right across the back line. Really poor stuff.

Dya know what I mean?!?![/quote]I thought Jon was one of our best players tonight. Would have said close to MoM

Absolutely agree re: Otsemobor. His pace scares teams, several times tonight he scythed through the midfield to the edge of the area, only to hesitate and let Palace get back into position. We know he has the ability to shoot from that range too, so it''s very frustrating...

He''s a bit of a frustrating player sometimes.

But I wouldn''t be surprised if he''s suffering a bit from a lack of confidence. Glenn has made it fairly obvious that he will be second choice to Omosuzi, regardless of the form of either player.

I''d really like us to go on a run of games with a regular defence of Semmy Doherty Kennedy Drury

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Does this guy actually have a brain?? He has so many attributes that should make him a top class footballer, but he just seems unable to think on the pitch. Too many times he makes the wrong decision, or just seems to be day dreaming while the game unfolds around him. To some extent the same could be said for Bell - there really is no excuse for continually getting offside when he is in a position to see right across the back line. Really poor stuff. Dya know what I mean?!?![/quote]

I thought Jon was one of our best players tonight. Would have said close to MoM
[/quote] What game were you watching, He gave the ball away too much, get into good positions but didn''t know what to do. Also drifted in field too much allowing palace to play cross field balls over his head putting us under pressure.

[quote user="GJP"]

He''s a bit of a frustrating player sometimes.

But I wouldn''t be surprised if he''s suffering a bit from a lack of confidence. Glenn has made it fairly obvious that he will be second choice to Omosuzi, regardless of the form of either player.

I''d really like us to go on a run of games with a regular defence of Semmy Doherty Kennedy Drury

[/quote]

Agree totally.

Then you were at a different game to me. Semmy almost constantly lost his man and his position and when he did his usual "headless chicken" forward charges, he didn''t have a clue what to do at the end. In the first half, in particular it was like he was on something because his head wasn''t at Carrow Road.

I think Jon Otsemobor is one of the poorest right backs we have had for a while. He cannot defend as he tends to lose the player he is marking.

He is better attacking but not consistant enough. He tends to go for the simple short pass most of the time.

Is he a player lacking confidence, possibly playing in the wrong position (i.e. would he be a better attacking midfield player) who knows? Another player who is not Championship standard.

I know many people want to convert him into a right winger as he has pace like Huckerby had.  Difference is huckerby is a clever player, knows when to cut inside, go down for the foul/penalty etc, not sure Jon has the same footballing brain.  Shame as he''s frightening when he runs directly at the oppostion.

[quote user="AndyJR"]I know many people want to convert him into a right winger as he has pace like Huckerby had.  Difference is huckerby is a clever player, knows when to cut inside, go down for the foul/penalty etc, not sure Jon has the same footballing brain.  Shame as he''s frightening when he runs directly at the oppostion.

[/quote]

Exactly.

Pace alone doesn''t make you a good winger.

That''s why Hucks should still be here, he was much more than just pace. Too many people didn''t realise it and still don''t realise it.

Ahh, people are forgetting most professional footballers are actually quite unintelligent. People distance that from ''football intelligence'', but if, and i quote south park here, you were to ask Semmy "Whats 6 times 8?" he''d probably laugh and reply "But those are two completely different numbers".