Sign in to follow this  
sgncfc

Moaning "Fans"

Last night I sat next to a group of 3 chaps in their 50''s in the Jarrold. (Incidentally, my own age group before I am accused of being ageist). From the very first minute they were moaning at Lee Croft, calling him hopeless and spineless. They then included Sibierski, Pattison and Kennedy in their "support". Even before we went behind, they were willing Palace to score. Five minutes before half-time they thankfully disappeared to the bars.

At the start of the second half when Lita missed a chance they started on him - he was lazy and strutted about like he owned the place. Every time Palace had an attack they wanted them to score so they could "get out of here". Croft took even more flak. In the middle of one particularly vehement rant against him, Croft crossed for Pattison to score. One of them didn''t even get out of his seat or applaud - he was genuinely miffed that we had a chance to get something from the match.

Hoolahan seemed to be exempt from criticism and even when he lost the ball in possession was "at least trying". All through the game the other things they came out of their mouths were negative and critical. In the second half they simply didn''t understand the system being played and kept saying that Lita couldn''t do it all on his own. Their lack of any kind of support and their breathtaking ignorance of anything to do with football was quite awesome. Thankfully, they left after 85 minutes.

I am happy to defend the right for a paying customer to say what they like but my question is - why do they bother to go? And why are they so negative? Soemtimes what they said had some merit but most of the time it was just nonsensical vitriol. So I have a message for the 3 guys from Row S, Block K of the Jarrold - we don''t really want you to go to games unless you are going to support the team.

Which brings me to the same question for most of you very negative Pink Un posters? Why do you bother to go? (And, in my opinion, if you don''t go to games you have no right to an opinion anyway - certainly no one should be expected to take you seriously. Unless the reason you don''t go is that you don''t get enough pocket money......).

Like many of you I am unhappy with our position - who wouldn''t be? I too am in two minds about some players - Omozusi, Kennedy, Semmy, Fozzie, Sibierski, Lita etc. but at least I give them a chance. The performances against Birmingham, Wolves and Plymouth were as good as I''ve seen from a Norwich side since our Premier League season. Parts of other games have been good too, especially the first few. But I try to "support" my team all the time, otherwise what is the point of going?

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="sgncfc"]

(And, in my opinion, if you don''t go to games you have no right to an opinion anyway - certainly no one should be expected to take you seriously. [/quote]

Oh dear, Yankee Canary will not be pleased with that

[/quote]

Have to say I agree!

The thing is we all have views and one man''s moan is another''s constructive criticism.

For instance in the Otsemobor thread you said:

Re: Jon Otsemobor

Reply Quote

Then you were at a different game to me. Semmy almost constantly lost his man and his position and when he did his usual "headless chicken" forward charges, he didn''t have a clue what to do at the end. In the first half, in particular it was like he was on something because his head wasn''t at Carrow Road.

Now that is a valid comment, but some might say you are undermining a young player''s confidence and having a moan.

Its because we are cr*p, in freefall towards League 1 with a now inadequate board and an even more inadequate manager!

I go because I support the club like I have for a long time now and I''ll be going long after Roeder has gone which I hope will be very soon!