Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

Give Roeder 3 years at least.

What a ridiculous statement. I''m all for giving managers time to do the job but there has to be a feeling that the club is moving in the right direction, however slowly, before you come to that conclusion. Failing managers need to go not pesevered with. Would you have given Grant three years?

Last night the first 45 mins was one of the poorest halves of football I have seen City produce, down there with the crap we had to put up with at the end of Grant''s time. It had no passion, no real quality or excitement and the formation was a disaster. Add to that the fact that Roeder has blown our scarce resources on loan players and then ended up playing only two of the 8 in the second half shows that we are totally directionless. Thats six premiership wages we are paying out, for players who are basically worse than what we have here anyway and one of the two that did play was Kenedey who was absolute sh**e last night.

In short we are worse now than we were at the end of last season and god knows what will happen when Kenedey and Lita go back in a month or so''s time. If Roeder stays for 3 years he will continue the gradual decline and we will eventually go down. If not this year then the next.

Sat Nov 27th 2010 Norwich City 1 - Kings Lynn 1

Glenn Roder is quoted as saying that he does not understand it when players just do not do what is asked of them during the game. but he is confident that Newcastle will let him have Micheal Owen on loan for the rest of the season as we are near to Newmarket so that Micheal can watch his horses on Saturday''s when he is injured.

Delia has stumbled onto the pitch to recreate her Lets be avin you speech before crossing the road from the Fountain pitch to order more refreshments in Zaks.

Pink Un message board contributers call to give Roeer more time.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

At the moment Roeder is getting a lot of stick as a lot of fans don''t like Norwich''s league position. They forget about the clubs precarious finances and the fact Roeder has only been in a year. 

Although in this time he has achieved the first phase of his job which was to save Norwich from seemingly certain relegation by plugging the huge holes left in the squad by the woefully inadequate Peter Grant.

The finances require that almost the only way to get the quality is to use his fantastic contacts and loan in many players otherwise unaffordable. So instead of langishing in league 1 right now we are still in the Championship.

So how about phase 2?

Personly I want to see Roeder given the time required to now move on and build a team from quality youngsters and lower league buys, supplemented by high level loanees. This may take a year or two, but I believe you must put faith in the manager and give them time to do the job properly.

[/quote]Is that the contacts that delivered unto us Antoine Sibierski? Wow, yeah your right, they were fantastic.

[quote user="Barclayman (artist formerly known as Barclayboy)"][quote user="Jonzey"]

The finances require that almost the only way to get the quality is to use his fantastic contacts and loan in many players otherwise unaffordable. So instead of langishing in league 1 right now we are still in the Championship.

[/quote]

We ended up with only 2 of his fantastic loan contacts on the pitch at the end last night.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]Basically we can blame roeder for tonights result due to his awful team selection - if he had started the team as he did 2nd half we would of won this game - send sibierski home![/quote]

Ah the power of hindsight. If, if, if.

If I''d known to invest in Google ten years ago maybe I''d own Norwich. But I didn''t.

[/quote]

Brilliant post mate!!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

and god knows what will happen when Kenedey and Lita go back in a month or so''s time. If Roeder stays for 3 years he will continue the gradual decline and we will eventually go down. If not this year then the next.

[/quote]

Lita goes back in 12 days!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

and god knows what will happen when Kenedey and Lita go back in a month or so''s time. If Roeder stays for 3 years he will continue the gradual decline and we will eventually go down. If not this year then the next.

[/quote]

[/quote]

loan window closes thursday to

[quote user="we are top league we are top league "][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

loan window closes thursday to

[/quote]

We don''t have enough cash to pay a window cleaner let alone a player

[quote user="Football 101"]I agree completely Jonzey. Roeder needs time to build a team capable of competing at the top of this tough league and it will take time, what we need to do is support him and the team.
[/quote]

And what is the team if it is not the team that he has built? Bell,Hoolahan,Kennedy,Bertrand,Pattison,Clingon,Sit on his asky,Lita and that is from last nights line up!

I''ll forver be grateful for what he did last year, but he''s lost the plot big time. hoolahan plays better in that role behind the striker. we can''t play 4-4-2 coz sibs does naff all, other than 3 good touches a game and fall over the rest of the time. but coz sibs was fit he played him. Roeder has clearly got his favourites and thats a dangerous path to go down

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

What a ridiculous statement. I''m all for giving managers time to do the job but there has to be a feeling that the club is moving in the right direction, however slowly, before you come to that conclusion. Failing managers need to go not pesevered with. Would you have given Grant three years?

[/quote]Spot on.  This was my problem with Worthington and it''s the same with Roeder.  I would be more than happy to show Roeder patience and give him time to build a team BUT he isn''t building a team.  We are not heading in the right direction and we are not moving forward and he has not made us stronger.  Also, considering our limited resources etc etc, someone on the board should be having a word with him about loaning players like Koroma and never playing him!

[quote user="Jonzey"]

At the moment Roeder is getting a lot of stick as a lot of fans don''t like Norwich''s league position. They forget about the clubs precarious finances and the fact Roeder has only been in a year. 

Although in this time he has achieved the first phase of his job which was to save Norwich from seemingly certain relegation by plugging the huge holes left in the squad by the woefully inadequate Peter Grant.

So how about phase 2?

Personly I want to see Roeder given the time required to now move on and build a team from quality youngsters and lower league buys, supplemented by high level loanees. This may take a year or two, but I believe you must put faith in the manager and give them time to do the job properly.

[/quote]

thank you Lee Clarke!

jas :)

A look at the league table will show you we have not progressed under Roeder. The so called "worst squad he has ever worked with" went on a 12 match unbeaten run, no sign of the squad assembled by GR doing the same. At the moment we are reliant on other teams being worse than us. GR had a hand in the defeat last night, he got his team selection so very wrong in the first half.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

A look at the league table will show you we have not progressed under Roeder. The so called "worst squad he has ever worked with" went on a 12 match unbeaten run, no sign of the squad assembled by GR doing the same. At the moment we are reliant on other teams being worse than us. GR had a hand in the defeat last night, he got his team selection so very wrong in the first half.

[/quote]Excellent point. If the squad he inherited was so bad then why did it perform so well at that time. The squad had lost confidence under PG and GR gave them a new lease of life?. The squad we have at present is certainly not better and players such as Lupoli and Sibierski have been a disaster and I don''t think AC MIlan would be too keen on Kennedy.

We''ll have to see what the next set of loanees are like. THink we are allowed another 4 to take us to the maximum of 14 for the season. They are certainly not cheap with a wage bill ( according to Doncaster), of £8.5M. Even Cullum referred to this in the article re; EDP this morning.

If we give Roeder 3 years we will be a middle of the table League 1 side at best!

Roeders been here over a year now and keeps telling us about the players shortcomings - Players that he brought to the club!

Roeders saying the lack of funds is prohibitive but yet most Championship clubs are in debt and more than a few get half the crowds we do but yet are doing much better!

The buck stops with you Roeder!