Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

Give Roeder 3 years at least.

At the moment Roeder is getting a lot of stick as a lot of fans don''t like Norwich''s league position. They forget about the clubs precarious finances and the fact Roeder has only been in a year. 

Although in this time he has achieved the first phase of his job which was to save Norwich from seemingly certain relegation by plugging the huge holes left in the squad by the woefully inadequate Peter Grant.

The finances require that almost the only way to get the quality is to use his fantastic contacts and loan in many players otherwise unaffordable. So instead of langishing in league 1 right now we are still in the Championship.

So how about phase 2?

Personly I want to see Roeder given the time required to now move on and build a team from quality youngsters and lower league buys, supplemented by high level loanees. This may take a year or two, but I believe you must put faith in the manager and give them time to do the job properly.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

At the moment Roeder is getting a lot of stick as a lot of fans don''t like Norwich''s league position. They forget about the clubs precarious finances and the fact Roeder has only been in a year. 

Although in this time he has achieved the first phase of his job which was to save Norwich from seemingly certain relegation by plugging the huge holes left in the squad by the woefully inadequate Peter Grant.

The finances require that almost the only way to get the quality is to use his fantastic contacts and loan in many players otherwise unaffordable. So instead of langishing in league 1 right now we are still in the Championship.

So how about phase 2?

Personly I want to see Roeder given the time required to now move on and build a team from quality youngsters and lower league buys, supplemented by high level loanees. This may take a year or two, but I believe you must put faith in the manager and give them time to do the job properly.

[/quote]phase 2......... league 1  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh please SHUT UP WITH THIS SH**Did Neil Warnock need three years at Palace?  NO  less time than Roeder.Did Paul Sturrock need 3 years after changing TWELVE players leading up to this season.  NO.This is apologetic nonsense.  When will people like you wake up and grow up?[quote user="Jonzey"]

So how about phase 2?

[/quote]

Part of me really wants to give him time, short term thinking will get us nowhere at the moment, sacking Roeder will not solve our problems. But then part of me is dissapointed with his attitude and his own short term thinking. I know we only had a small budget this season but some of the loan signings seemed poor in relation to what we could have got if we had played the freee transfer market a bit better.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Oh please SHUT UP WITH THIS SH**

Did Neil Warnock need three years at Palace?  NO  less time than Roeder.

Did Paul Sturrock need 3 years after changing TWELVE players leading up to this season.  NO.

This is apologetic nonsense.  When will people like you wake up and grow up?

[quote user="Jonzey"]

So how about phase 2?

[/quote][/quote]

That''s the equivalent of being jealous of another kids toys at school and crying to your Mum that you want the same ones mate! There''s more teams that haven''t done that, the ones you mentioned are the exception.

Maybe we can do what QPR do with their managers and get through 6 managers every year?

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]Oh please SHUT UP WITH THIS SH**

Did Paul Sturrock need 3 years after changing TWELVE players leading up to this season.  NO.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

So how about phase 2?

[/quote][/quote]

That''s the equivalent of being jealous of another kids toys at school and crying to your Mum that you want the same ones mate! There''s more teams that haven''t done that, the ones you mentioned are the exception.

Maybe we can do what QPR do with their managers and get through 6 managers every year?

[/quote]

And sitting on your hands watching worse than mediocre football gets you where exactly? 

My point is that so many people now want instant success and aren''t realistic. There''s some Arsenal fans for example who want Wenger out?!! By far their greatest manager, but they''ve been wobbling slightly this season and its ''Sack Him!!''.

And sitting on your hands watching worse than mediocre football gets you where exactly?

Sacking the manager isn''t the answer though?!!

I understand your frustration completely, but there is no magic manager who can come in and convert us from the utter rubbish of a year ago into league winners. Where''s the logic in sacking Roeder, paying out his contract, then paying out more money for a new manager? He won''t have a tranfer kitty either!!! And that''s what it boils down to.

Basically we can blame roeder for tonights result due to his awful team selection - if he had started the team as he did 2nd half we would of won this game - send sibierski home!

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]Basically we can blame roeder for tonights result due to his awful team selection - if he had started the team as he did 2nd half we would of won this game - send sibierski home![/quote]I second that

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]Basically we can blame roeder for tonights result due to his awful team selection - if he had started the team as he did 2nd half we would of won this game - send sibierski home![/quote]

Ah the power of hindsight. If, if, if.

If I''d known to invest in Google ten years ago maybe I''d own Norwich. But I didn''t.

Clingan played very well at CB on Sat, Hoolihan looked very good in the free role on Saturday - why bring back a no hoper like Sibierski and change it at the back when they did so well on Saturday - its not about hindsight mate - its about common sence.

I agree completely Jonzey. Roeder needs time to build a team capable of competing at the top of this tough league and it will take time, what we need to do is support him and the team.

Well...I guess if capital punishment is off the menu then three years would suffice...

common sense helsinki canary would be to play one of our best midfielders in midfield not defence. And as for playing Sib instead of hoolahAn I thought it was a good  idea at home because I personally would prefer us to play a more attacking 4-4-2 instead of 4-5-1 (away from home a smart decision though). 

[quote user="Jonzey"]

So how about phase 2?

I didn''t know you took an interest in football Mrs Roeder .

[/quote]

You can add new to management Alan Irvine of Preston to that list.  When he took over Preston were near bottom place and were actualy bottom on 1st Jan 2008 and on a lower player budget to what Roeder has and an average home attendance of about 50% what City get lifted them to safety.  Tonight Preston are in 9th spot only one point of the top six. 

Following your advice Norwich will be doing a Luton if Reoder is given more time because if City are relegated it will be administration and minus 10 points to start of in League 1.  Look at Leeds Utd, once a mighty team and lost 2-1 at Northampton tonight.  Do you like visiting places like Northampton, Hartlepool, Crewe, etc or would you prefer Sheffield, Preston, Derby, etc?  I know which grounds I''d prefer to visit next season.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]Basically we can blame roeder for tonights result due to his awful team selection - if he had started the team as he did 2nd half we would of won this game - send sibierski home![/quote]

Ah the power of hindsight. If, if, if.

If I''d known to invest in Google ten years ago maybe I''d own Norwich. But I didn''t.

[/quote]

Nope ... not hindsight ... just the ability to realise when changes are required during a game. Basic requirement in a manager I would have thought.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Helsinki canary"]Basically we can blame roeder for tonights result due to his awful team selection - if he had started the team as he did 2nd half we would of won this game - send sibierski home![/quote]

I second that
[/quote]

Show''s how simplistic you two are then doesn''t it???

Tell you what... let us start 4-5-1 at home against Ipswich shall we???

What a great plan... I bet they are wetting themselves with laughter!!! [:$]

no offence but roeder should go if no improvement in the next month

yes he hasnt been dealt the best pack and been backed but he probably knew this before he took the job on hence why he hasnt moaned about it pubilicly

norwich are team who are going backwards, he has had 12months to build his own squad/team and still no joy

3 year plan what 3 year plan? give roeder another season and we be having the same discussions then

shame for glenn, but norwich deserve better!

If Roeder had displayed even the slightest bit of eptitude i''d agree, give him a few years.

Unfortunately the man is quite clearly clueless.

Even more unfortunately, we can''t afford to sack him, and he doesn''t strike me as the sort of man who''d walk away, either.

If roeders here in march we will go down. He is a serial failure in football management. I was gutted the day they appointed him and my worst fears are being realised. But the problems at the club are deeper than the nasty man. When did we last have anything from the academy. 1 in the last 8 years (Shacks). It may as well be closed down. A drain on the club. Whens the last time we had anyone successful from lower leagues? These nonproductive people should be sorted. The club is weak at the top and in a mess.   

[quote user="Football 101"]I agree completely Jonzey. Roeder needs time to build a team capable of competing at the top of this tough league and it will take time, what we need to do is support him and the team.
[/quote]

If he wants support he can always go and to the nearest sports shop and buy a jock strap.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]

[quote user="Jonzey"]

[/quote][/quote]

The dfference between Warnock, Sturrock and our own manager is that the first two are managers who understand that you can''t afford to isolate the supporters. Say what you like about Warnock he has always been popular with his own supporters and I have a sneaky feeling that he would soon win friends if he were to join us. Arrogance is a potentially disasterous characteristic for a high profile football manager to have unless it''s mixed with a degree of wit and humour (Mourinho and Clough). Sadly Glenn Roeder lacks the ability to mix his arrogance with humour and only ends up sounding sarcastic.

I know it''s not a "beauty contest" and that ultimately results are what count but I would venture to suggest that even if he manages to turn things round at Carrow Road, Roeder will still struggle to get supporters fully on his side. The worrying thing that goes with this is the increasingly sombre mood inside the ground these days. Even when we started the fight back last night the noise level was short lived and there were still boos around the ground at the end. How much of this, I wonder, is aimed at the manager rather than the players.