Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

Three years from 2007

When Roeder took over from Grant everyone agreed that three years was a reasonable time to get a crap team sorted into something better.

We managed,just, to keep from relegation last season. Well received by all as we would have settled for that when GR came.

2008/9 Once again agreed a mid table finish would be acceptable as the team would be in mid build.

2009/10 finish building the team and move up.

So what happened to the plan. It seems on track. We are no more of a mediocre team than the majority of mediocre teams in this league.

Anyone beats anyone, even we have beaten Wolves etc.Any team can also move rapidly up or down as little seperates the top from the bottom.

Confidence will breed success as  lack of will result in failure.

Why suddenly is our season being touted as failure( so soon) when most agreed the above. Why the increase in expectation?

It seems to me that all changed when a certain person talked of "investment" and a gentleman talked of 20 million.

Neither was GR (unless heavily disguised or in drag). So is his plan still on track?

If so why all the shouting by  fans who thought the plan right in the first place?

Excellent plan -why are we critiscising it ?

Managers like Owen Coyle (Burnley ) and Paul Sturrock (Plymouth )  and Gazza Johnson ( Bristol City )who can turn things round quickly on less money with a smaller budget are two-a - penny when compared with a "name" like Roeder.

Other than John Sergeant Roeder is the most popular man with fans and players. Salute.

We should be delighted that the 3 year plan is buzzing- contract extension is imminent . Rocking .

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]

Managers like Owen Coyle (Burnley ) and Paul Sturrock (Plymouth )  and Gazza Johnson ( Bristol City )who can turn things round quickly on less money with a smaller budget are two-a - penny when compared with a "name" like Roeder.

Other than John Sergeant Roeder is the most popular man with fans and players. Salute.

We should be delighted that the 3 year plan is buzzing- contract extension is imminent . Rocking .

[/quote]

Not the point I was making. Most thought the original plan was OK so why has our opinion changed?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]

[/quote]

Most thought the original plan was OK so why has our opinion changed?

[/quote]

Not sure"Most" knew what the plan was - or is. But maybe the fact that there is so little sign of a cohesive and consistant team taking the field is causing some doubts to surface - or even serious concern. After all, GR has changed the team and the staff beyond all recognition and yet it is hard to be certain that progress is being made. Add to that his unnecessarily abrasive manner and some strange decisons on squad, team and positional make up and I for one can understand some folk having a few doubts. (But I''m sticking to my start of season forcast of 15th final posiiton).