Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Managers - % of wins for Norwich

[quote user="we8wba"]glenn roeder not all that bad then?[/quote]

Marginally better than Peter Grant, and taking into consideration that a fifth of Worthys games were in the Premiership, that makes him pretty awful. Considering Peter Grant left us bottom of the league.

If it was calculated without worthys premiership season I think that he would have about 45%......

[quote user="CT "]

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

IMO Worthy (although he did a hell of a lot for us) was past his sell by date.

[/quote]

Never finished lower than 9th for us in any season, then went on to win 6 points for Leicester to keep them up (who went down the season after)

TeamNatFromToRecord
GWLDWin %
BlackpoolFlag of England8 July 199723 December 199913444563432.83
Norwich CityFlag of England4 December 20002 October 20062801141046240.71
Leicester CityFlag of England11 April 200725 May 2007523040.00
Northern IrelandFlag of Northern Ireland1 June 2007Present522140.00

Hardly past his sell by date.  Thats an awesome record for Norwich considering 38 of those games are in premiership.

I do now CT. http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1473171/ShowPost.aspxIn hindsight we never really had it so good, and it seems more and more consistent (with what we are seeing now) that it wasn''t himself who architected his own-downfall but really the board who sold players from underneath him and never gave him the financial platform we needed if we actually seeked to get promoted. In my opinion we could and should have been promoted back up the season we went down, we could have done it and at the time I blamed worthington but it was clear that he was never able to hold onto any decent players he brought in. The same happened to Grant, we effectively sold our best 3 players (and the only ones that could win games for us) and then expected to do well. It doesn''t work like that.

lose %

since relegation in 1995

O''Neill   19.23% (26 games)

Worthington   22.14% (280)

Roeder   35.29% (34)

Grant   40.43% (47)

Rioch   34.41% (93)

Hamilton 42.86% (35)

A good team is a hard team to beat... a Worthington team!  to lose 22.14% out of 280 games (in a relegation season to) is outstanding!!!

Take into consideration the finances that each managers had to work with, Worthy had the luxury of not having to deal with as high inflation of finances and spent most of delias money on quality players, Grant blew alot of her money on low quality players and roeders picking up the pieces.time will tell but Glenns not done too bad considering what hes got to work with.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]WE WANT WORTHY BACK![/quote]

what i was thinking, and would gain respect, as he''s an [top class] international manager ;)