Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Roeder support?

Is there anybody left who still thinks Roeder is the right man to take us to the next level?

I was a real Roeder supporter til recently, but his arrogant outbursts and absurd team selections have really made me rethink me position.

I honestly do believe with him at the helm we will see League 1 before we see the Prem again.

Difficult one.

If he stops making so many changes and if he picks the best players for the team then yes I think he can do well for us.

But I''ve been worried about his judgement since he let Hucks go. Because when you look at what he''s brought in, for example Sibs and Lupoli, you can see that his judgment was way off. Whether you thought Hucks should have gone or not you can see that Glenn has made a mess of improving the team in attacking areas. Especially when you add on the loss of Dion and Ched.

Then his decision to start Sibierski last night has really just summed him up over the last few months. He''s made poor changes when he didn''t have to make a change.

Unfortunately he''s all we''ve got at the moment and  until someone takes over with a bit of money he''ll still be our manager. I think he''s been unlucky with injuries so far this season and would''ve liked to see a settled defence with Stefanovic and Kennedy.

I thought Lupoli was a good signing but he just hasn''t been played enough and deserves more of a chance, the same for Hoolahan. His failure to realise that Bertrand is a poor full back is probably the biggest worry along with his loyalty towards certain players despite poor performances - Sibierski and Fozzy.

I think his judgement in terms of signing players is fairly good and given the fact we had no money over the summer he made the best of a bad situation. Clingan, Bell, Stefanovic, Hoolahan were all good signings but some of the loans have been hit or miss.

My main worry is his team selections which are erratic and leave alot to be desired. I''d suggest he comes up with a way of picking up draws away from home by playing the 451 with Hooly in the hole, this might give us a platform to pick up points. At home I think he''s been too cautious and has only recently started playing two out an out wingers.

At the end of the day  he''s going to be the manager for the foreseeable future and we have to support him otherwise it''s going to get even worse.