Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

don't write off palace guys

A lot of people on this board are getting narked off cos Norwich are being given no respect and then claim Palace have nothing to offer!! Lets be fair and accept that we are both teams who could surprise.

I do not think Saturday will be as easy as many of you think. They will be up for it as much as us and we won''t have gelled yet.

We love Norwich, we want to win but lets treat similar clubs with some dignity.

look they got in the play offs even tho they lost with a last minute header from west ham how lucky can u get. west ham shud have won the play off final and about 4 of there 6 signing are goalkeepers! man for man we are so much better than them

Absolutely! I''m already feeling nervous about the game, or is it just excited? Both probably.

Because Palace weren''t in the top 6 for most of the season last season, we think of them as a non-threat. But look at it this way... they had a very slow start but then were top two form from Christmas onwards. We narrowly beat them at CR, but they then beat us at their place when we were actually playing quite well and in front of a lot of away fans.

We look at their summer signings and dismiss them because we haven''t heard of them. They do the same with ours probably. We know they have a pretty handy strikeforce, we know they''re a hard working side as are we, so it won''t be an easy game at all. I''ll take any sort of win tomorrow!

Bring it on!

Since Dowie joined palace we gained more points than west brom and matched you guys. i have no doubt that if he had been in charge from the start of last season we would have given you a run for your money.

Amarillo your totally right. Im not at all worried by your signings and out of the three that went up from last season i definalty think dowie has got it right. Im sure you and West Brom will say the same about your managers.

So as a palace fan im fine with you guys already writing us off. The pressure is on you tomorrow, we have nothing to lose and from what i saw of your lot last season we certainly have nothing to fear.

I think it was the same arrogant attitude that lost you the game down at selhurst. We will work hard, with dowie in charge the team spirit and belief is second to none and more fool any norwich fan that thinks its an easy three points.

I''m afraid it''s you that have everything to loose - the pressure''s on you because of all the press and plaudits Dowie has been receiving

- and as for loosing it at selhurt because of arrogance - well, my opinion was it was nothing more than the wind....

You are right Gav. Sometimes the fans of this club forget that other clubs exist, and then moan about everyone else forgetting that we exist!!

Having said that, you can bet that although our fans may have come across as arrogant, the team would never give your team any less than 100% respect.

It will be a tough game, and there''s a lot at stake. Good luck.

If i could have picked a game to start the season off with it would have been Norwich at home but after listening to some of your fans i think playing you away is an even better fixture. The players will know how important this one is and looking at your run of games after tomorrow i can''t see you picking up many more points over the next six weeks. We would be happy with a draw but for you that wouldn''t be unacceptable. Whether you like it or not the pressure is on you. I mean come on if you can''t beat palace at home you have no hope.......... i have heard that from many norwich fans over the last few weeks!!

And as for the wind being the cause of your defeat at selhurst........ shame on you, your have to come up with better than that this season im sure.

Palace have nothing to lose at all - everything to gain in fact. They will have a brilliant season under the Dowie regime, look at us when he was with us. Even now, the place is still not the same without him. Of course there will be some trying times - no denying that, but they aint coming back down - no way. The self belief that Dowie has given to the Palace team and indeed their fans is beyond comprehension. He really is something else - as for the press interest around him - ask yourselves why - If it''s a tad too difficult, I''ll help you out shall I? He has been in management for less time than it takes a child to learn to feed himself properly and look what he has done. He is destined for bigger things in football - but for now he will do a good job at Palace. He is an impassioned man and not only will he go far, so will any team he is connected with.

None of you can afford to be arrogant, but if you could, Palace could afford to be a little more so.

Gav, I can assure you none of us on here are taking you lightly. It may come across as arrogance, but for the most part the family of posters on this MB are a positive lot (Yankee Canary the exception that proves the rule), and predicting a win over you is part self-kidology! If we can convince oursleves we will beat you, maybe it will happen.

I don''t think I am alone in hoping that all 3 promoted clubs stay up come next May (especially if it means the demise of Everton, Blackburn & Tottenham - now that is wishful thinking!), but I am sure as hell going to enjoy the ride come what will!

Ok point taken but i guess like some of the posters on here im fed up with hearing that our teams have no chance. When it comes from sky and the pundits on there i can just laugh it off but when you hear it fans from fellow promoted teams you wonder why? We all know we face a struggle, but like you im planning on enjoying it whatever it brings.

A family wedding is stopping me from coming tomorrow which im gutted about but good luck for the season ahead, and i look forward to watching the highlights/lowlights tomorrow night.

To tell you the truth I am getting sick of palace fans calling us arrogant! Maybe they need to take a look in the mirror and read some of there own fans messages. I have seen messages suggesting they will roll us over 3,4 even 5 nil. That apparently we lack quality and palace have it in abudance and loads more crap! Lets let the football do the talking tommorow and see who comes out on top!!!

Family wedding! Thats a tough one! How very inconsiderate of your relatives! Dont worry - someone will text you the results. Just make sure you leave your phone on vibrate and look the other way when the vicar asks you to switch off all mobiles!

Well let me refer you back to the original post............. from a norwich fan as well!!

And havn''t you been told not to believe everything you read in the papers??

And indeed we will let the football do the talking as we have always done since dowie arrived at the club.

And just like we''ve done ever since Nigel Worthington has arrived! Get off your High Horse!!!

Surely the point is, with neither team having played a competitive game yet, nobody - not the national media - but least of all us fans really know what we''re going to be like. All 3 promoted sides (probably all sides full stop) have a few new players. How good are they? How quickly will they gel? Were our manager''s achievements last season a sign of things to come, or the high water mark of his management career???

We''ll know more by 5pm, tomorrow, and better still after 10 games or so, but its speculation, or more likely faith and hope that we''re going on at the moment....

Chill guys!! On paper, this is a great oppourtunity for BOTH teams to get off to a good start. Two excellent managers, two good footballing sides, two teams with stacks to prove to the pundits, etc, etc. Let battle commence....

JR (4-2 IMO)