Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

WHY WONT RODENT START LUPOLI?

[quote user="Scotty121"]anyone know why? he scores goals and yet still he is on the bench and in recent weeks curo has been coming on before him?[/quote]

I dont know Scotty! I agree bloody start him, I reckon if he was with any other championship club and was playing regular he would be one of the top scorers in the league!!

I would agree that this is something you lot should be clamouring for, rather than pinning your hopes on the waste of space that is Wes Hoolahan.

I will say that quietly though (pick Hoolahan Mr Roeder... he will get you and Delia the sack)... [;)]

How in the name of hell would you know how good Hoolahan is Smudger? Y''know, considering you don''t even bother going to the games, an'' all...

[quote user="Smudger"]

I would agree that this is something you lot should be clamouring for, rather than pinning your hopes on the waste of space that is Wes Hoolahan.

I will say that quietly though (pick Hoolahan Mr Roeder... he will get you and Delia the sack)... [;)]

[/quote] Last Night when Hoolihan came on he completely changed the game. He was amazing in his new role. He has got to start matches instead of Sibierski

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger,

We''ve met and I liked you and to be honest I like the fact that you don''t flip flop and stick to what you believe but and its a big BUT, you can''t call Hooahn a waste of space. He has hardly had any starts, hasn''t been used until last night in his best position and was the best player on the field for the second half.

Your criticism is unfair and doesn''t show you in good light.

CA

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger,

We''ve met and I liked you and to be honest I like the fact that you don''t flip flop and stick to what you believe but and its a big BUT, you can''t call Hooahn a waste of space. He has hardly had any starts, hasn''t been used until last night in his best position and was the best player on the field for the second half.

CA

[/quote]I am glad someone has met him - it proves that he isn''t the result of me drinking too much coffee!You could say that it is a strong trait to have to be able to stick to your guns but the problem is you have to make sure that you have the facts right before you lay your cards on the table. Smudger, I am afraid, probably is a rather nice chap but he can be seriously naive and incredibly slanderous/libelous at times. And without being totally unfair I think that the amount of times he calls it without evidence and then gets slated undermine the times he actually says something that rings true.

why isnt lupoli returned then?

surely he got to be costing you something to keep him from now till may 09?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger,

CA

[/quote]

and I liked you too CA... that does not mean that I am going to agree with you over this...

I like my brother and my mum and dad too... does that mean that I should agree with everything that they say or do???  [8-)]

Hoolahan has started 90% of the matches so far this season.

It has only been recently that he has found himself on the bench, due largely to him being dragged out of position constantly and not creating chances one would presume???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger,

CA

[/quote]

and I liked you too CA... that does not mean that I am going to agree with you over this...

I like my brother and my mum and dad too... does that mean that I should agree with everything that they say or do???  [8-)]

It has only been recently that he has found himself on the bench, due largely to him being dragged out of position constantly and not creating chances one would presume???

[/quote]

I dont want you to agree with me for the sake of it but I would like you to be fair in your opinions. Hoolhan has started only 10 games from 19 this season so that wwasn''t 90% when I went to school .

Did you witness his second half performance last night Smudger, if so you''ll have seen what he''s capable of when he''s playing in the right position.

I''m not sure Roeder likes Lupoli.  Gets his goals, gets put on the

bench, gets taken out of the team altogether, gets put back on the

bench, gets 3 minutes - An excellent way to utterly demoralize a player.

I think this could well be the root of Roeder''s problem as a manager. He should have spent the summer putting together a squad with an preferred starting 11 in his mind. And from then on he should have played that 11 in their proper positions and stuck to it as much as possible. There will obviously be injuries and so he should have had replacements ready to step in and fill the gaps in the team without completely swapping players and formations all over the place. Instead it seems like he has brought in too many players in some positions and not enough in others. Several of the loan players he seems to have brought in just on other peoples say so without seeing them play only to then decide they are not good enough. So they sit on the bench or out of the squad still getting paid. Then he is left with an incomplete team and has to bring in more loan players to try to fill gaps that he had not filled in the summer and hope that it all works out - which it obviously isn''t. I honestly believe that many of the fans could do a better job on team selection and man management.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger,

CA

[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont want you to agree with me for the sake of it but I would like you to be fair in your opinions. Hoolhan has started only 10 games from 19 this season so that wwasn''t 90% when I went to school .

Did you witness his second half performance last night Smudger, if so you''ll have seen what he''s capable of when he''s playing in the right position.

[/quote]

Ok maybe my 90% was a little over the top, but you can''t say that he has not been given a fair chance and has not produced.

11 starts out of 19, another 5 appearances from the substitutes bench adn ultimately he hasn''t once done what he was brought here to do... CREATE CHANCES.

Why is Roeder being slated for dropping a player who consistently underperformed???

You are all knocking Sibierski now... Yes maybe he is over the hill (I could of told you that before he kicked a ball in anger for us).

I also was the first one on here to say that Sibierski was a centre midfielder being played out of position and that he was no target man... despite this Sibs has contributed with a couple of goals.

What has Hoolahan done???

Do not forget, that although you lot are all claiminng Hoolahan is being played out of position, was he not brought here to play on that left wing and create chances???

I haven''t even seen him create anything when he has constantly drifted inside.

Should get more of a look in once Lita returns to Reading, as it''s surely him keeping Lupoli out of the side, with his slightly better goalscoring record here and matchwinning ability.

Lupo''s 2 goals against Cardiff were great though. Didn''t Roeder start both of them (Lupo and Lita) against Preston? Is it not an option, with Hoolahan in the hole behind, Pattison on the left and one winger, Bell probably on the right?

This would be my team were i manager:

Marshall

Otsemobor       Kennedy      Doherty       Drury

Bell                           Clingan              Pattison

Hoolahan

Lita                     Lupoli   (could be more left sided as used at Derby?)

Subs: Steer (why not?) Lappin (why not) Omozusi (needs to compete more for his place) Russell, Cureton

No place for Fozz or Bertie but they would be straight back in if the above team turned out crap, as it probably would!

[quote user="fleggy"]Better question is - Why doesn''t he start Lappin.[/quote]Or a better question, why does he keep telling him he has no future here?!

I don''t think Lupoli has managed more than about 60 minutes in a match so far. I could be wrong(?)Perhaps he simply isn''t fit enough to manage a whole game and therefore is a risk to start a game with - 1 substitution Roeder knows he will be forced to make during the game.If this is the case, we would have been in big trouble against Forest had we started with Lupoli instead of Lita for example.The question of why he he might not be fully fit after 3 months with the club is a completely different debate.