Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Half Time - AVIVA Lemur??? Embarraing.

When the half time whistle went this evening, i didnt think it could get any worse...i was wrong....

...the Norwich fans that were at their seat, not lining the clubs coffers by purchasing overpriced beverages were left to witness, what is the most embaressing, cringeworthy thing i have just about ever seen on a football pitch....on a par with Delias rant. It was that bad...

Ok, the idea may be good, kids designing mascots; the delivery awful. I stood their anticipating something exciting, as ther Aviva Dancers (Aviva flippin aviva!!) formed a guard of honour around the tunnel entrance...was it a new signing, was it investment or was it an old hero..huckerbys farewell....NO...

Cometh the hour...cometh the Aviva Lemur. A Lemur...more like a big eared disney character...an interesting specie, perhaps made in rural norfolk. Could it get worse?....

Yes....Murray Walker was ready with the tannoy, A Finishing Line was erected in front of the jarrold and we were all set for the Big race..Captain Canary battling against the new upcoming mascot..the young pretender....but it got ''better''

2 or 3 laps of the centre circle travelling in opposite directions were needed before a dash to the line; enthralling stuff...by this point it was so bad, i found it funny; it was laughable....then as it became apparent Antoine Sibierski had quickly jumped in the Lemur, with Captainb Canary running away with it like Usain Bolt..Splat the Cat (not to be forgotten), stepped in. He did a better job of tacking than Danny Ciprini and delayed long enough for Aviva Lemur to complete his last lap and edge to victory.

Sensational Stuff

What the ****** hell is that seemed appropriate!

A slippery slope i tell you....

[quote user="Huddy "]What the ****** hell is that seemed appropriate![/quote]It also neatly describes the two 45-minute periods in between. And that lemur thing was surreal but sadly it was the most amusing bit of the night.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Huddy "]What the ****** hell is that seemed appropriate![/quote]
. And that lemur thing was surreal but sadly it was the most amusing bit of the night.
[/quote]

yes it was....

Unfortunately, laughing at it, not with it!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Huddy "]What the ****** hell is that seemed appropriate![/quote]
. And that lemur thing was surreal but sadly it was the most amusing bit of the night.
[/quote]

yes it was....

Unfortunately, laughing at it, not with it!

Ask the people that remained in block D of the barcley 6-8 rows from the front for my thoughts on it... i''d be banned is i re-typed what i said.

Shame on you all. Don''t you all realise it''s up to YOU to make your own half time entertainment?

There''s queueing for 20 minutes at the bar (and if you are lucky missing an opposition goal); reading an in depth report on the catering facilities in the matchday programme; finding out what unlucky person has sponsored your least favourite player. Taking a much needed sip from your smuggled in hip flask; enjoying chatting with your fellow supporters and spending time looking for lost friends who have long given up their season tickets.....sob. Feeling glad you chose a live match rather than see Man U in Europe.....deciding which of the pitchfork army could make a substitution if necessary....the list is endless.

Lemur was the inspiration of some young supporter. That''s it. Let''s find our inspiration in the 90 minutes of football! (?).

To be fair to Aviva Lemur, he could prove to be a useful signing... He looked quite a big lad, so might be worth a try up front!

I was saying at half-time we should get him, Captain Canary and Splat the Cat on as a front three for the second half, would give some height up front and it would confuse the hell out of the oppostion.

Oh damn, i''m gutted i couldn''t make it, the footy sounded dreadful but the Lima thing sounds great! 

[quote user="Marty"]Oh damn, i''m gutted i couldn''t make it, the footy sounded dreadful but the Lima thing sounds great! [/quote]

whoops, sorry, Lemur not Lima (before I get nailed!)

i watched it.. it makes me more determined for us to take the contiental club route of having NO half time entertainment.. just the subs and the groundsmen on th pitch...

jas :)

It''s well known that Roeder doesn''t rate Splat. He''s becoming too popular with a small section of the fans.

The Aviva Lemur is Splats'' replacement, note how Splat wasn''t involved in the nail biting race ?

Splat will be farmed out on loan to Peterborough within the next couple of weeks.

You heard it here first !

1. your pitch side announcer is utter cock, not hard to read of a sheet correctly is it mate

2. you have like 8 groundsmen all digging/forking whatever they doing the same area of the pitch, maybe cost cutting and sack a few. also what do they do all week?

3. when we played you, you had some kids penalty shoot out competition, they decided let one kid run the whole length of the pitch to shoot, they built it up like x-factor final, and the kid missed in the end. not the kids effort what did me nut in but way they building it up like it was something special.

[quote user="we8wba"]

1. your pitch side announcer is utter cock, not hard to read of a sheet correctly is it mate

2. you have like 8 groundsmen all digging/forking whatever they doing the same area of the pitch, maybe cost cutting and sack a few. also what do they do all week?

3. when we played you, you had some kids penalty shoot out competition, they decided let one kid run the whole length of the pitch to shoot, they built it up like x-factor final, and the kid missed in the end. not the kids effort what did me nut in but way they building it up like it was something special.

[/quote]

Are you going to enlighten us with what "World Class" half time entertainment "your" Wolves provide then? I would be very much surprised if it''s much better than what is served up at Carrow Road.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Shame on you all. Don''t you all realise it''s up to YOU to make your own half time entertainment? There''s queueing for 20 minutes at the bar (and if you are lucky missing an opposition goal); reading an in depth report on the catering facilities in the matchday programme; finding out what unlucky person has sponsored your least favourite player. Taking a much needed sip from your smuggled in hip flask; enjoying chatting with your fellow supporters and spending time looking for lost friends who have long given up their season tickets.....sob. Feeling glad you chose a live match rather than see Man U in Europe.....deciding which of the pitchfork army could make a substitution if necessary....the list is endless. Lemur was the inspiration of some young supporter. That''s it. Let''s find our inspiration in the 90 minutes of football! (?).[/quote]

Don''t forget the 10 minute queue for the bogs, that''s a thrill a minute. [:D]

At Wolves just listening to each other''s comedy accents at half-time is entertainment enough... Do you want crisp or biscuit Noddy?

(OK, so maybe a bit rich coming from a Norwich fan, but I know which accent I''d rather be stuck with.)

[quote user="Phil E Stein"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Are you going to enlighten us with what "World Class" half time entertainment "your" Wolves provide then? I would be very much surprised if it''s much better than what is served up at Carrow Road.

[/quote]

ours just bad we lucky if we get the half time scores

our one last season was chip the ball in the shed lol - now beat that

It''s actually probably the worse thing I''ve ever seen! I''m not joking either!It''s the first time I''ve actually heard and took part in proper booing at half time!

[quote user="BringBackIwan"]

It''s well known that Roeder doesn''t rate Splat. He''s becoming too popular with a small section of the fans.

The Aviva Lemur is Splats'' replacement, note how Splat wasn''t involved in the nail biting race ?

Splat will be farmed out on loan to Peterborough within the next couple of weeks.

You heard it here first !

[/quote]

...or played out of position in Morrisons car park [:D]

I heard about this and thought it must be a joke.Oh, but how wrong I can be.So, Tuesday night, cold, 2-0 down to a pretty crap Palace side, and out comes "the Aviva Lemur".Judging from the amount of cheerleaders around the place, I thought it might at least be "the Aviva Beaver."  Still, it probably adds a bit of spice to the matchday experience for any paedos in the crowd.And judging by the quality of the football we played last night, I propose our new mascot should be the "Aviva Leaver" - who gets up after 75 minutes of tripe and walks out of the ground, pausing only to point and shout something incomprehensible at Glenn Roeder.

The only time I can remember worse half time entertainment was the 93 season when we could have won the league - the big game against Man U. We were 3-0 down at half time and they had the giant inflatable sumo wrestling in the centre circle. Actually quite entertaining in isolation. However given the crippplingly depressing situation on the pitch, what really made things worse was that the Norwich sumo fell over on its stomach and the Man U one proceeded to jump on top of it and hump our man. The cruel metaphor of how our season had just been shagged up the arse was not lost on me!

we had half time competition for about 6 games that you had to hit the corner flag from half way line which is impossible lets face it.

best one i remember is hit the cross bar from edge of the area, simple but gets the crowd into it more

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

And your entertainment is so much better is it?

Oh I know, let''s launch a firework into a woman''s face, that will entertain people.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i watched it.. it makes me more determined for us to take the contiental club route of having NO half time entertainment.. just the subs and the groundsmen on th pitch...

jas :)

[/quote]

Have you not seen the Dutch Pop idols on You Tube? Go on search for it...you know you want to!