Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Left Side, Right Side.

Hello all, my first long post in a long time!I''ve just come to the point after seeing the highlights of the last few games that we just lack anything of a squad. We have a team of players that aren''t ours that haven''t gelled. A big example of this last night was Drury constantly pushing forward and giving the option of an overlap, something that purely stuck out in our promotion was our attacking flow.Point is, both wings worked well. Huckerby and Drury had one hell of a partnership, even if Drury had his work cut out being exposed a lot - he was more than capable of doing so, so it was never really a problem.Down the right we had Marc Edworthy and Kevin Harper (Mark Rivers).The fact is, both wings were dangerous, both the winger and full back would get forward and work together, both could put in a good cross and both could create something out of nothing. The team worked as a team, the players were ours, week in week out. The squad new each other inside out.Under Roeder, we haven''t had a squad yet, and currently have no money for him to build his own squad either.

Look at the players we have now, have some of those from the championship winning season been replaced?;Marshall - More than capable of reaching Greens ability. Needs to be more commanding.Drury/Bertrand - still here.Stefanovich - Our new Malky? We still need a leader/captain.Doherty - A replacement of Flemming.Jon Otsemobor - A young player who could develop and did start to create a partnership with croft.Hoolahoop - Hux''s replacement. Hux was so much of a team player, he brings players into the game and can also do so much by himself. Hoolahoop needs to be able to do this too, and we have seen this im glimpses, but glimpses are not enough at this level.Clingan - Our new Gary Holt, and in my opinion much better at using the ball.Russel/Fotheringham. - Our new Damien Francis? I think not. Russel has done well here on his return but is never going to boss the midfield, and Clingan cannot do so by himself either. This definitely needs to be worked on.Croft/Bell. - Does a job down the right Croft, tonnes of effort and did build a good partnership with Otsemobor which has been killed by Roeder. Gives his all and has been more impressive this season, hopefully he can continue to improve. Bell, fantastic player in the games he''s played so far, good signing.Cureton/Lupoli. - McKenzie/Earnshaw replacement? Again, I think not. No bulldogish, strong, Muscular forward.who can create things for themselves. They are lightweights, although I have been rather impressed with Lupoli, he just needs a partner to play alongside him. And I feel that could well be Renton.Sibierski - Ashton/Iwan replacement? I think not.I think Worthington deserves more credit than he got;On paper, by far our current squad is better (minus the strike-force), and should be achieveing a lot more than it is. It just goes to show sometimes little is more, it''s about having a decent team squad, not a bunch of individuals.

AJ, the real burning issue is if the current squad are better, than I am sorry I can''t see it. Maybe in theory they are. Thing is they don''t play as a team and the players you have highlighted haven''t played together on a sustainable basis.

They don''t click, they don''t have a game plan (or if they do they don''t carry it out). NW''s team scraped together more than a few dodgy results, won lucky, and sometimes lost heavily, but all in all they were a team and fought to the bitter end. This lot have only achieved that level fleetingly.

One by one, Marshall isn''t in Green''s class, yet.

Drury - if he''s played every week, he''s still not the player he was, is that age, the spectre of that captaincy, or something called age?

Stef, not a patch on Malky as captain material. And now injured surely out of the equation this season at least.

Doc- has many qualities, but not sure he''s in Fleming''s class yet. Will get there I am sure.

Semmy - is he Eddie''s replacement? Not yet anywhere near, but he''s shown signs of good things, especially when going forward.

Hoolahan, still not convinced he and Hucks are the same type of player. Think Hooly is more comfortable working through the centre of the pitch and drifting about. To be honest with you he''s one of the main reasons I have hope for this current team, but he needs to be a permanent resident in the side, and he isn''t, yet. Good promise though.

Clingan - yes, agreed, he''s a worthy replacement for Holt.

Damien Francis was twice the player of Russell/Fozzy combined, but again not the same type of midfielder. Rusty and Fozzy are more defensive. Maybe Russell could be moulded into a Damo character, but would take a lot of work, he''s got the attitude, but doubtful if he''s got the skill.

Croft is probably similar to Rivers, but Bell, too soon to tell. Harper wasn''t here that long, but I would say Bell is probably going to be our long term winger, along with Croft, interchanging on both flanks.

I can''t even contemplate the forward line up, it''s too depressing, this is the area where the whole club must hang its head in shame. We haven''t replaced Ashton, Earnie wasn''t here long enough and since his departure, well we just haven''t scored enough goals. Whatever the tactics or formation.

Worthy - team spirit 8-10/10

Roeder - at best 5/10. Therein lies the problem.

[quote user="AJ"]
 Hux was so much of a team player, he brings players into the game and can also do so much by himself.
[/quote] Was he? All i remember of Hucks was he gets the ball runs, usually loses the ball and no defending. Rarely did he ever pass

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="AJ"]
 Hux was so much of a team player, he brings players into the game and can also do so much by himself.
[/quote] Was he? All i remember of Hucks was he gets the ball runs, usually loses the ball and no defending. Rarely did he ever pass[/quote]

anyone go wolves game last year at molineux? the lad did no tracking back lost the ball on hopeless runs with crowds defenders around him

if it would been any other player norwich fans would have moaned

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="AJ"] Hux was so much of a team player, he brings players into the game and can also do so much by himself. [/quote] Was he? All i remember of Hucks was he gets the ball runs, usually loses the ball and no defending. Rarely did he ever pass[/quote]

anyone go wolves game last year at molineux? the lad did no tracking back lost the ball on hopeless runs with crowds defenders around him

if it would been any other player norwich fans would have moaned

[/quote]Have you taken into consideration of the fact he was injured and not fully fit?He was playing through the pain barrier.Plus, any sensible manager would have put him on a free role anyway, just like Hoolahoop should be now!