Sign in to follow this  
Potts

Marlon Harewood

I have just been reading that West Ham have had a 500k bid accepted for Marlon Harewood. This is an absolute snip but once again it appears we have missed the boat. I think we should match their 500k bid and get him down here for talks. He maybe won''t want to sign as he obviously wants to further his career if hes not signing a new contract at Forest but I would still like Norwich to try as I believe they won''t get Crouch or Huckerby and Harewood is proven at this level, he is big strong and quick and is worth 3 times what they''re asking.

I don''t agree that we shud match West Ham''s bid. What would happen if he agreed to come and then we were offered Huckers? We''d be shafted. I do agree tho that 500K would be an absolute bargain.

It just goes to prove that if things do go tits up over Huckerby, 500K or 750K can buy u a hell of a lot in todays transfer market. All may not be lost

He was a player out of contract in the summer so from forests point of view it was probably better to sell than lose him for nothing in the summer, like we could with McVeigh and did with Kents.

However he is less than double the player that Hucks is, only 3 years younger and unproven at the top level. Is he really a bargain -I dont think so - its top whack for an average player that you would only really sign on a bosman. Its more a sign of desperation from a club replacing defoe before he leaves in Jan. Pardew - signing Deane & Harewood - hardly inspires confidence LOL.

Save the cash for Hucks or paying Crouchs wages for the rest of the year - I know which I would prefer.

Bring on the sky blues

Come on you yellooooooows.

After the sulks and tantrams that Connolly put on at west ham just because he was not selected for a game I am not sure that we would want him here anyway. Babies are for cots not for nearly premiership teams.

According to what i read yesterday Harewood is second top goalscorer in division 1, u say u''d only sign him on a bosman!! Remember we''re talking about Norwich here, our top goalscorer has only scored four and we currently don''t even play him. you''re right he is out of contract at the end of the year which is why its such a bargain. Last year when I went to Forest away he was being talked about in the two million pound bracket. You say he''s unproven at the top level which is correct but are u saying that Huckerby is proven? How many goals has Huckerby scored at the top level since he left Coventry 5 years ago. We aren''t gonna be able to afford a proven Premiership player that is why we tried to buy Lee, Connolly, Taylor all of which are goalscorers in the first division. None of these would score goals in the premier but are what are needed to get us up. Don''t get me wrong i''d like to sign Huckerby but the club and the player will already know whether that is gonna happen. Just wait and see the club say but if u have a player here for 3 months u sort evewrything out way before he returns to Manchester where other clubs will approach him. Man City let it out of the bag the other day when they said we''d spoken to them and we know the price. Lets make sure we get one of these strikers as I can''t see many left out there who have scored goals in division 1 and we could afford.