Sign in to follow this  
Binky

A Good Thing About Loanees

There is a view that the recession will last for several years - not just into the spring of 2010. Many people currently secure in their jobs will have a rougher time than currently imagined. (Woolworths and MFI are not the only struggling retailer and remember when a retailer fails many more people are affected than simply the sales staff). Used car prices are already in free-fall. If it is really severe then wages are bound to fall - not just stand still - and club income will also fall. Clubs paying mega salaries on long contracts will be stuck with them whereas clubs with short term contracts and loanees will be free to negotiate more realistic contracts both in length and salary level. Always assuming players want to come to, or stay with the club of course. City could be well placed by next summer! And players whose contracts are up for renegotiation then could be very disappointed....

ood report, and it will be a long recovery. However all that posts I have seen with Loan Players  is norwich fans dont want loan players at our club so dont know how you win them round - and also cannot see the loan players leaving recommencding other players to us with our fans so anti loan players?

Slightly off topic, but may I ask how many of you will vote Labour again after the catastrophic events of the last 11 years?

[quote user="Positive Yellow"]ood report, and it will be a long recovery. However all that posts I have seen with Loan Players  is norwich fans dont want loan players at our club so dont know how you win them round - and also cannot see the loan players leaving recommencding other players to us with our fans so anti loan players?[/quote]

It''ll certainly cost a few bob to have ''LITA CURRENTLY ON LOAN AND MAYBE FOR A BIT LONGER IF A LOCAL BUSINESSMAN CHIPS IN A FEW QUID MORE'' printed on the back of a fans shirt. (Where would you put his squad number?).... 

[quote user="Positive Yellow"]ood report, and it will be a long recovery. However all that posts I have seen with Loan Players  is norwich fans dont want loan players at our club so dont know how you win them round - and also cannot see the loan players leaving recommencding other players to us with our fans so anti loan players?[/quote]

I dont think the majority of fans are anti loan player, they are just anti crap loan player just as they are anti crap permanent player.

I understand where the point on contracts comes from and you could be right there, but we need to get to the summer and still be in this division. I think most people feel we could have saved the money on 3-4 of the loan players, got emergancy cover in if needed if not kept the cash back for january or in the bank for the summer. Of course the money could also have been used to bring in 3-4 even better players than the ones who have contributed to the team this season.