Sign in to follow this  
Temp the Revelator

At last - a decent season preview.....

[link]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=219048&CPID=8&CLID=45&lid=&title=Norwich+City+season+preview[/link]

However, has anyone noticed that Fleming never gets a mention? Good thing, in my mind!

Yep, its much better, and only keeps the factual errors down to two:

"Much will be expected of the England Under-21 starlet, who will make his Premiership bow with the Norfolk outfit" - he has actually appeared in the league for Arsenal hasn''t he, albeit as a sub?

"Injury is again threatening Green before the season has even begun. The purchases of Scottish international Paul Gallacher and Darren Ward, however, suggest their [sic] may be a worry over Green''s long-term fitness. " - Green had a stomach bug, which has now gone. As far as I''m aware he hasn''t been injured in pre-season and currently is fit to play. And since they quote Worthy extensively, you''d think they could include the quote where he says how important it is to have 3 experienced keepers in the Prem... and not because Greeno is injured.

But I grant you this is a much more reasonable analysis that doesn''t have to resort to references to Alan Partidge or cookery and does seem to acknowledge the players we''ve signed! Hurrah!

Some more reasoned comments here that''s for sure, although they still have us relegated!!
At least they''ve got the bottom 3 in the same order as we were promoted last season though which makes a change.
All we need now is for Everton to continue to implode and there''s only 1 place to climb up to safety!

i love the first paragraph!

"Norwich City are one of the favourites to be relegated from The Premiership this season, as is the case with almost every team who achieves promotion to the top-flight in the modern era"

Francis gets no mention either. I feel he''ll definately be one of our stars next season judging by recent performances

Also have you heard Jonsson is described as the swedish Gronkjear with more pace? Really looking forward to seeing him in the yellow and green!

I suppose we just have too many star players to mention now!! ; )

2 relatively small errors which are forgiveable. It''s the best preview I''ve read yet.

If I was an Everton or Man City fan and they had my club to go down with one of the promoted teams staying I would be livid. Sure, both clubs look shaky but they have proven capable (just about) of staying up. As the season starts us, West Brom and Palace ARE most likely to go down.

What I would like to see is a little bit of qualification in these previews, noting that the excessive wages of underperforming, average players leave some clubs in trouble and should one or more of the newly promoted teams play well there is every chance of survival. There is no 100% clear cut relegation certainty this season.

"I suppose we just have too many star players to mention now!! ; ) "

Or, more exciting too in a way, the bar has been raised to the point where Drury, Huckerby etc are "yeah, good players" and we have perhaps Helveg and Jonson as star players, who knows?

Last season Hux looked different class in Div 1, and arguably the best player in the team for his position. Imagine recahing a level where every player in the 11 was at least as good as we think Hux is, and that just becomes the norm.

;-)

Just thinking of what you are suggesting in your last paragraph, Ama, is making me smile uncontrollably. If a few good things can happen fairly early on in the season who knows what heights everyone could reach in terms of personal performances, even if not in terms of overall results? I just hope that, whatever next May brings, we all feel rightly proud of what we have seen on the pitch. I have no doubt that we will continue to be more than pleased with what we see off it if the last few seasons have been anything to go by!