Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

whats so bad with matty pattison ?

i really cant see whats wrong with him.

i think hes a good player, but i dont understand why everybody gets on his back when theres a miss placed pass. everybody made more than one mistake last game, but it seemed to be pattison who gets it in the neck.

also...everytime jon otsemobor gets past the half way line everybody starts signing his name...but does anybody really watch his defending ?

he regually gets pushed off the ball, and always leads player into there good sides.

i just dont understand :|

I think Pattison gets a bit of unfair stick as well.

It''s a bit like all the sh*t Gary Doherty used to have to take. If he took his time on the ball then that grumbling noise rippled through the stadium because people thought he would mess it up but then if he was to hoof it without looking then he''d get jeered. He couldn''t win either way.

A lot of fans used to whinge about how Doherty made them nervous but they only had themselves to blame for that by never showing any support for the player. Almost willing him to make an error so they could hammer him.

people are warming to Matty Patty now, thats the impression I get. I havn''t heard any Patty bashing in a while. Even the crowd have made up a new chant...

"theres only one Matty Patty, only one Matty Patty! once he was shite, but now he''s alright, walking in a Patty wonderland!"

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Personally think he offers more in the middle than either Fozzy or Russell.[/quote]

i definatly think he offers more than fotheringham,

russell is debatable, but i would say yes, and he can keep his temper. i think hes more creative than russell, and i feel his shots are heading towards target more than russells do :)

really cant see whats wrong with him.

i think hes a good player, but i dont understand why everybody gets on his back, true bowt semmi great going forward but with our vulnerable team he isn''t up for getting forward so much which leaves patty more exposed than he shud be. Kennedy n Doc r solid defensively but r not the best against the more athletic type meaning a DM like Holt to cover ground is needed to eliminate that threat which we don''t have.

Give me:                                          MarshallSemmi/ Ozzy  Doc/ Kennedy,         a more mobile intelligent CB (fleming type(edgar))     Drury/Berty                        2 of: Clingan/ Russell/ Patty/ Fozzy   Croft                         Hoolahan/ Lupoli                          Bell                                       v      Lita      vgive Croft, Hools n Bell a liscence to attack and we''re sorted, with a combo of Nelson the 3 Defenders ''Doherty or Kenny, one of the 2 n spillane'', Fozzy, Lupoli n Daley on the bench

[quote user="GJP"]

I think Pattison gets a bit of unfair stick as well.

It''s a bit like all the sh*t Gary Doherty used to have to take. If he took his time on the ball then that grumbling noise rippled through the stadium because people thought he would mess it up but then if he was to hoof it without looking then he''d get jeered. He couldn''t win either way.

A lot of fans used to whinge about how Doherty made them nervous but they only had themselves to blame for that by never showing any support for the player. Almost willing him to make an error so they could hammer him.

[/quote]

Here lays the problem, if a player makes a mistake or misses a chance to score, the crowd is on there backs.This has been done to quite a few players and one of the has now gone on loan to a rival. We as supporters need to get behind the players to lift the confidence and not moan about the slightest mistake. Anyway good luck Curo hope it goes well for you.

Saying that pattison is better than russell or fozzy is like say I would rather have syphillis than aids.   None of them are good enough and no I am not worming to him.   Like croft he tries hard but simply is not good enough - even roeder doesnot know where he should play - either flank or in the centre.   He is too predictable (eg even john ''I never tackle let alone win the ball'' oster was able to win the ball off him with his perennial fake turn when receiving the ball in teh build up for the winning goal on tues because he does it neaarly every time) - and consistently not good enough in either breaking up play, holding a shape or creating chnaces.

Yes he is currently in better form than either russel or fozzy and plays to a similar level to clingan when clingan is not at his best.   The longer the season goes on the more I think the central midefield is the biggest problem with the squad at the moment,  with a lack of drive and effectiveness. We have 4 ineffective permanent squad clowns.   The only one who occassionally passes muster is clingan - but one good game in four is not enough from him either.   We have bossed the central area in no more than 3/4 games this season andis core to the lack of goals scored,  number of goals conceeded and lack of points won. 

Fatty Crapyson was at fault for palaces first goal on saturday. he lost the ball to easily on the half way line, which they scored from, he stood still and ball watched when hoolahoop played a sweet pass for him to run on to and he would of been through on goal.

I would rather see Russell and clinagn in the middle behind hoolahoop, with croft and bell on the wings

Pattisons a quicker version of Andy Hughes!

Commitment effort and wilingness are very good attributes but for actual quality and end product Pattisons never going to be consisent enough to ever be that good!

That said I''d rather see him giving it a go than some of our very over rated loanee fullbacks!

Pattison - good squad player cause he will always have a go anywhere but not good enough to settle in one position!

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

Fatty Crapyson was at fault for palaces first goal on saturday. he lost the ball to easily on the half way line, which they scored from,

[/quote]

You didn''t notice that it was a suicide pass from Clingan to begin with?

He gave Pattison no chance.

it was a fine pass from clingan, Fatty could of taken the ball and ran forward with it but he didn''t and let it go acrss his body straight to a Palace midfiler who set  Beattie through on goal.

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]it was a fine pass from clingan, Fatty could of taken the ball and ran forward with it but he didn''t and let it go acrss his body straight to a Palace midfiler who set  Beattie through on goal.[/quote]

Nope, it was a bad ball. I said it as soon as he played it to him.

Clingan didn''t need to go to Pattison, it was the wrong ball.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]it was a fine pass from clingan, Fatty could of taken the ball and ran forward with it but he didn''t and let it go acrss his body straight to a Palace midfiler who set  Beattie through on goal.[/quote]

[/quote]

well i thought it was a fine ball, it was just Fatty lost the ball to easily an dthen didn''t even try and win the ball back. He is at fault for that goal

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

well i thought it was a fine ball, it was just Fatty lost the ball to easily an dthen didn''t even try and win the ball back. He is at fault for that goal

[/quote]

Yup but that''s because you don''t like Pattison.

I like both Clingan and Pattison but I know it was the wrong ball from Clingan that started it all.

The letting the ball go across hinm is  aproblem -he is predictable with and as such runs the risk of losing the ball frequently.   It was not the best pass but Patty still had enough time to at least clear the danger - instead he loses possession and it leads to us conceeding a goal;   just as he did against palace in far too similar circumstances.