Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

In 2007 we had 18 points, in 2008 we have just 20 points ! (?)

Comparing last season to this season and it doesn''t look too good for us. After 19 games in 2007 we had 18 points to 20 points now. Our next two games in 2007 were two home games v Plymouth and v Sheffield U which we both won. Our next two games in 2008 are Wednesday away and Ipswich at home .... hmmm.

Last season we were starting a good run of results but I can''t see that happening now. We still seem to have no goalscorers, anyway not when they play in yellow & green. Sibierski en Lita are Roeders preferred strikers but they are not in great form at the moment. Lupoli hardly gets a chance to establish himself while Koroma in injured. Cureton who never was in Roeders plans anyway is going to score his goals for Barnsley now.

Last season we had Dublin, Hucks and yes Evans, and Evans is the kind of player we are going to miss for goals and his overall good play in the next couple of months.

I fear the worst .........

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

Comparing last season to this season and it doesn''t look too good for us. After 19 games in 2007 we had 18 points to 20 points now. Our next two games in 2007 were two home games v Plymouth and v Sheffield U which we both won. Our next two games in 2008 are Wednesday away and Ipswich at home .... hmmm.

Last season we were starting a good run of results but I can''t see that happening now. We still seem to have no goalscorers, anyway not when they play in yellow & green. Sibierski en Lita are Roeders preferred strikers but they are not in great form at the moment. Lupoli hardly gets a chance to establish himself while Koroma in injured. Cureton who never was in Roeders plans anyway is going to score his goals for Barnsley now.

Last season we had Dublin, Hucks and yes Evans, and Evans is the kind of player we are going to miss for goals and his overall good play in the next couple of months.

I fear the worst .........

[/quote]

I agree that you can''t see us embarking on an unbeaten run now. But, to be fair, you wouldn''t have seen it coming a year ago, either. And while Evans was a crucial player, Hucks did nothing until the last few games, and played virtually no part in the unbeaten run. Dublin was great in terms of leadership value, but his play up front last season was average at best. It''s not as bad as you think. We are weaker up front, no doubt, but we''re stronger elsewhere. Everything will be fine.