Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Curo loaned to Barnsley?

[quote user="lappinitup"]Good move all round. Jamies wages will be freed up to pay for Lita and room on the bench for Daley or Renton. If Cureton regains confidence and starts coring again, we will have the choice to bring him back or sell him on for a much needed fee. As it stands now, he''s no help to us and he wouldn''t comand much of a transfer fee.[/quote]

Agree with your post but why let him go to someone in our league it''s bloody daft, yet another strange decision from Carrow Road.

Glad he''s gone and I don''t want to see him back.

Don''t care if he scores goals for fun at Barnsley, he''s been a lazy waste of space for us.

not sure it was a god idear to loan him to team near the bottom of the division.. although barnsley are 2 places and 4 points clear of us so look like they will be comfortable this season.. if it had been a southampton or a nottingham forest i''d have gone ballistic i think.

jas :)

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Good move all round. Jamies wages will be freed up to pay for Lita and room on the bench for Daley or Renton. If Cureton regains confidence and starts coring again, we will have the choice to bring him back or sell him on for a much needed fee. As it stands now, he''s no help to us and he wouldn''t comand much of a transfer fee.[/quote]

Agree with your post but why let him go to someone in our league it''s bloody daft, yet another strange decision from Carrow Road.

[/quote]It''s possible that it''s a loan with a permanent transfer fee is already agreed. If that is the case, teams that are higher in the league are unlikely to want him and Jamie himself wouldn''t want to play in a lower league. It didn''t hurt us letting Brown go so the same applies. Both cases of strikers who can''t score.

At the end of the day, Cureton or Lita?

[quote user="dreamboy3000"]Thank you for the loanee. Most of our own fans are happy with the signing from what i''ve read. Him and Macken up front shouts goals.[/quote]

Bloody exactly!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]It''s possible that it''s a loan with a permanent transfer fee is already agreed. If that is the case, teams that are higher in the league are unlikely to want him and Jamie himself wouldn''t want to play in a lower league. It didn''t hurt us letting Brown go so the same applies. Both cases of strikers who can''t score.

At the end of the day, Cureton or Lita?

Lita goes back to reading in 1 week. We cannot recall Cureton for 1 month. You do the maths.

[/quote]

Jamie Cureton has spent over 500 minutes on the pitch this season for his 0 goals and 0 assists. I wish him well, if he rediscovers his youth, pace and goalscoring ability at Barnsley I will be very pleased for him and if he propels Barnsley up the league maybe we would get a small fee for him.

Having an out of form 32 year old striker contracted to the club until 2010 is madness. It''s just another legacy from Peter Grant. And to think didn''t we only used to give Iwan a year at a time?

Our season will not be decided by how many goals Barnsley score, it will be decided by how many goals we score.

Lita will leave next Sunday and will not be back - His contract expires at the end of the season, therefore he can agree a Bosman deal in January so Reading will be looking to sell him in January in order to actually get some money for him - Ipswich will be Leroy Litas last game in Yellow & Green.

[quote user="GJP"]

Don''t care if he scores goals for fun at Barnsley, he''s been a lazy waste of space for us.

[/quote]

So you don''t care that he''s been sent to a club that could potentially be our relegation rivals?  If he scores shed loads that could be the straw that breaks the camels back as far as NC is concerned in a relegation battle.

Not the brightest thing IMHO that this club has done.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Jamie Cureton has spent over 500 minutes on the pitch this season for his 0 goals and 0 assists. I wish him well, if he rediscovers his youth, pace and goalscoring ability at Barnsley I will be very pleased for him and if he propels Barnsley up the league maybe we would get a small fee for him.

Having an out of form 32 year old striker contracted to the club until 2010 is madness. It''s just another legacy from Peter Grant. And to think didn''t we only used to give Iwan a year at a time?

Our season will not be decided by how many goals Barnsley score, it will be decided by how many goals we score.

[/quote]

All good points, Peter Grants appointment will haunt us for years!!

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Interesting to read on 606 how all the Barnslay fans are saying this is a fantastic signing. Cheers Glenn![/quote]You really are an idiot.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

So you don''t care that he''s been sent to a club that could potentially be our relegation rivals?  If he scores shed loads that could be the straw that breaks the camels back as far as NC is concerned in a relegation battle.

[/quote]

Nope.

If anything I think it helps us. If he plays like them like he''s played for us then they''ll be struggling.

He might get 1 or 2 goals which players sometimes do when they move to a new club but he''s just out of his depth in this league.

He''s got no pace, no strength, poor movement, poor work rate and he''s not a reliable finisher. That won''t suddenly change just because he''s gone to Barnsley.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If he plays like them like he''s played for us then they''ll be struggling.

[/quote]

*if he plays for them

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Interesting to read on 606 how all the Barnslay fans are saying this is a fantastic signing. Cheers Glenn![/quote]

You really are an idiot.
[/quote]

How am I an idiot? In a few weeks time we will be left with none of our own strikers left at the club. Loaning him to a potential rival team is just ridiculous.

If he does well then its good for one of our rivals. If he doesn''t then its not good for us either.

So we are now in a lose lose situation.

[quote user="dreamboy3000"]

What''s with all the relegation rivals talk? I don''t think either of us are likely to be relegated.

[/quote]

Seeing the way we play lately then it''s a possibility.  Let''s put it this way, we have much more of a chance of being relegated than being anywhere near a promotion push.

Lita goes back to Reading soon, and we have very few proven out and out goal scorers in our side, if we don''t get wins and at the very least draws then things don''t look good.

I find all this anti Cureton stuff amazing.

If Cureton is so useless which striker in the squad is scoring goals for fun? Had he had the right striking partner, if he had a manager who could actually man manage we might have seen JC scoring a few goals.

I agree that in the last two appearances he really has looked a sad demotivated figure and this could be a good move for him.

BTW if I was a player and Roader spoke to me like he did at supporters at the agm, it would not motivate me, other than to get out of the club asap

The only good coming out of this move is perhaps Lupoli might get a run in the team.

Oh no forgot - Roeder doesn''t do ''runs in the team''.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I find all this anti Cureton stuff amazing. If Cureton is so useless which striker in the squad is scoring goals for fun? Had he had the right striking partner, if he had a manager who could actually man manage we might have seen JC scoring a few goals. I agree that in the last two appearances he really has looked a sad demotivated figure and this could be a good move for him. BTW if I was a player and Roader spoke to me like he did at supporters at the agm, it would not motivate me, other than to get out of the club asap The only good coming out of this move is perhaps Lupoli might get a run in the team. Oh no forgot - Roeder doesn''t do ''runs in the team''.[/quote]

Agree totally.  IMHO it''s a bad move by the club and could yet come back to bite them on the tooshy [:|]

[quote user="O o Waza o O"]Just You Watch Curo He Will Go on a Scoring Spree Thanks Roader!!!![/quote]

I can''t understand the abuse levelled at Jamie by some on here,he''s not played well this season but he''s not out to screw the team over playing poorly deliberately.

The loan can only be a good thing all round, if he''s still not doing well then he is off our wage bill whilst away, if he does well then his confidence will soar and we have the option to have him back.

There is no point worrying about him scoring a shed load of goals as you then assume it will automatically be to the detriment of us , you can just as easily thank him for banging in goals AGAINST those teams around us, ffs!!

As we are skint, offloading, even temporarily, a 3rd/4th choice striker releasing wages to help out in other areas of the pitch has to be the correct way to use our limited resources.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Interesting to read on 606 how all the Barnslay fans are saying this is a fantastic signing. Cheers Glenn![/quote]You really are an idiot.[/quote]

How am I an idiot? In a few weeks time we will be left with none of our own strikers left at the club. Loaning him to a potential rival team is just ridiculous.

If he does well then its good for one of our rivals. If he doesn''t then its not good for us either.

So we are now in a lose lose situation.

[/quote]But keeping him on the bench and bringing him on so he can do nothing and miss chances is a win win situation is it?Barnsley will be looking at what he did for Colchester 2 YEARSago and that will be why they think this is a fanctasic signing.  If he scores a bag full of goals (which he won''t) then we get a striker back (in a month) full of confidence.  If he fails, then he hinders Barnsley and we have got shot of him and his wages for 3 months.The idiot comment came about when I saw your name and signature.   It was an instant reaction.Reading are not going to want Lita back until Jan so the wages can be used to keep him until the transfer window re-opens.

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]another player "broken" by Roeder.........my god he knows how to get the best out of his players!
[/quote]

Ain''t that the truth, and very sad it is too, says more about GR than I ever could.