Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NEIL DONCASTER: Everywhere we go, everyone praises our incredible fans

Indeed BBFF. Does anyone else feel like Doncaster must be feeling like he needs to diffuse some tension between fans and manager? ''Someone has to speak up for the fans'' he''s probably thinking, ''if the manager won''t, i will!''

I welcome what he''s saying, but it does highlight the widening gap in appreciation between fans and manager.

Well then Neil and Norwich City, please give us back the football that we all so derseve. It''s us as fans who are suffering and long suffering at that. And Mr Roeder plus the board you take the fans for granted at your peril. 

I just hate Doncaster, the headline alone is enough to see hes trying to suck up. DONCASTER OUT!

yes, great fans we all know that Mr. non-story.

we also know you are an overpaid plum.

we also know how bad the first team really is.

maybe the donny spin machine has stopped whirring...cos surprisingly, i found myself nodding in agreement to most of what he wrote in his column,,,so fair play to him///and more of the same...for my money, donny''s assessment of the current state of footy is spot on...but will NCFC still have 20000 ST holders come next season???cos if you want a real surprise, then look no further than the champs attendance figures for the matches played this week,,,which bore a greater resemblance to the early/mid 90''s attendance figures than the crowds we''ve got used to in recent years...and maybe provided a foretaste of how our fan support could fall away at NCFC next season...cos although city fans have been resiliant in the face of disappointment, money talks, and the economic slowdown must surely have an impact upon our numbers,,,but how much??? its anybody''s guess><?but showing some fan appreciation right now, is probably a good move...   

What a complete load of dros, yes the FANS do show great faith BUT do not take that as granted week in and week out Mr Doncaster as their are many now who have started to question ---- is it just worth the cost and bother.

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]

Neil Doncaster, Norwich City FC chief executive

WHY DOES HE HAVE THAT RIDICULOUS PICRURE WITH A 1980''s TELEPHONE ?

SHOULD THERE BE ANOTHER PRESS COLUMN TITLED  NOT THE CHIEF BUT THE CHEF ??

YOURS TRULY ,

AN OUSIDER''S VIEW

[/quote]

Neil Doncaster = Major Arnold Toht from Raiders of the lost ark.. look at his face in the picture of above then take a look at this....

[img]http://mikesblog.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/majortoht.jpg[/img]

all we need now is Indy to come and duff him in!

jas :)

One hopes that most of them support the real Norwich City and are quietly marking time - as opposed to following faithfully Delia''s dinky little new norwich city along the road of persistent failure into persistent poverty!

I assume that a new broom will sweep clean and that we shall soon be spared such condescension in future.

OTBC

This article, whilst praising the loyal NC fans, only goes to show how out of touch our CE is, if he believes that with no changes come March the 1st, that he will be looking at 20,000 season ticket holders at CR, then he is even dafter than I thought.

I bet they dare not announce the crowd for the next home game, after the scum, that is actually bums on seats, there are already gaps appearing where season ticket holders normally sit, because like us, they are disallutioned and cannot be a**ed wasting anymore hard earned money on first team players we have at the moment.

I cannot see any way that we will be renewing next season if there are not changes prior to renewal day.

Mello, how dare you. You are speaking of the very wonderful Mr Doncaster, slick smooth and oh so cool. He could be the next James Bond. Or Prime Minister. Please!! Take him away.

Why is this man given time and space by the local paper? Is it just so we can all laugh at him? Or is that just to subtle for us thick old carrot crunchers. Again, I have to make sure I have an empty stomach before indulging in the EDP comedy sketch.

Hey Neil, we know we are good, and when you''ve gone we will be even better. Counting the days!

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]

Neil Doncaster, Norwich City FC chief executive

WHY DOES HE HAVE THAT RIDICULOUS PICRURE WITH A 1980''s TELEPHONE ?

SHOULD THERE BE ANOTHER PRESS COLUMN TITLED  NOT THE CHIEF BUT THE CHEF ??

[/quote]Or they could change that "C" to a "T"...

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

This article, whilst praising the loyal NC fans, only goes to show how out of touch our CE is, if he believes that with no changes come March the 1st, that he will be looking at 20,000 season ticket holders at CR, then he is even dafter than I thought.

I bet they dare not announce the crowd for the next home game, after the scum, that is actually bums on seats, there are already gaps appearing where season ticket holders normally sit, because like us, they are disallutioned and cannot be a**ed wasting anymore hard earned money on first team players we have at the moment.

I cannot see any way that we will be renewing next season if there are not changes prior to renewal day.

[/quote]

Two people i know were offered £10 tickets for the Palace game through their (different) workplaces.  County Hall had 100 apparently.  Current gates should be treated with scepticism imo.......

IMO Doomy is at a point of cannot win whatever he says.  Ok, on one hand he praises the fans, on the other it could be viewed as patronising.He says we''re in ''credit crunch times'', but 20,000 odd fans signed up before the credit panic. I dunno what to think really,  at best I''d rather him say nothing.

"Everywhere we go, Everyone praises our incredible fans"

The guy just hasn''t got a clue!!!

Isn''t it "People always ask us!".... Followed by "Whooo wee''are?"...

"Everyone praises our incredible fans" just doesn''t fit, it''s ludicrous to even attempt 11 syllables into a 3 syllable passage!  I thought the guy was good with his numbers!!??  Well he should think again!!

This man is a danger to the terraces!!!