Sign in to follow this  
YGB

center back solution

now jason shackell is 21 surely he must get a look in he is tall fast stong remember last year cardiff at home he was the best player on the pitch he had earnshaw in his pocket. so instead of spending money look at what we already have ur thoughts?

i agree with you shady. I saw him play against tottenham in a pre-season last year and he had Robbie Keane is his pocket as well. But i do think we still need more cover, with more experience. I think that Shackell will be a superb defender but needs a bit more time and experience.

Erm, what about Darren Huckerby???? He was the best player in the country for those 90 mins, let alone the pitch.

Shackell did well in that game. I still feel he lacks in a couple of departments though, and experience is a big factor in this league. A couple of mistakes and his confidence could be shot to pieces.

I have said for the last season that Shackell is the answer to the centre half problem. I don''t thonk he is the kind of player who will drop his head if things go wrong. He definitely has the makings of a future team captain, and personally I think he is ready for the premiership this season.

I think Shackell is an excellent prospect and I''m sure he''ll do well for this club. I just feel though that maybe this season has come a bit too soon for him. Perhaps one more year playing against top players in the reserves and posssibly a month or two out on loan would do Jason good. Then next year he can eye up a perminant place in the back four

Keep the faith

DD - a rather cautious response - which is unlike you.

I''d hate to see him go out on loan - no need for that. I see him being a fringe reserve/bench player with the possibility of some first team games when the need arises - just like last season.