Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Genuinely who thinks we're goin down?

despite all the talk on here and watching the abject displays both live(we weren''t that bad vs Barnsley but we were vs burnley!) and on TV, i still can''t see us in League 1, perhaps i''m too scarec to imagine it! wat do u lot think?

the way we are going, us Donny Rovers & Forest. For me we have that classic relegation haunted look about us at the present time. we have had the odd good performance, ie Wolves at home and Forest away, followed by more dross. Charlton may benefit from the new manager effect, Watford has more spirit at the club for me, Blacpool are scrappers who may well get enough points together, which only leaves us Southampton as a get out of jail card for me. What''s certain is we don''t want any of our historic post Xmas slump this time around.

Yes, I am genuinely worried. I have to say even more than I was last season. Reason? Despite having a manager who says he''s got contacts, and after all gives himself a pat on the back and can tell he''s good, he''s not delivering. Nor at the team, one good result, two poor ones, one diabolical one. Time after time.

Yes, Jimmy Smith, I am worried, I am angry. And I can''t see it changing for the better anytime soon. There is promise, fleetingly, and that is what I cling to. The sign of a fight from the players, a glimpse of what could be, for want of better management from Roeder, and more effort from above.

I think we are going down.The squad has never been worse than this season. We have no star players, we have far too many loan players. There is lack of continuity both in the starting eleven and the way we play. We have no faith in our own young players, and instead we loan young players from other clubs. Our top scorer is on loan from another club in the same league... We don''t own any good strikers, we don''t own any good central defenders. Our central midfield is also among the weakest in the Championship.We don''t have the necessary finances... We have only four players in the squad with 100 or more games for Norwich, and only one of them is a first team regular (Croft). We don''t own any players who has scored more than two goals this season... Only one player has played all games so far this season (Marshall)....All danger signals are blinking. May be we need a season in League One to rebuild a squad based on our own players?

Do I think we''re going down?  Too early to give a definite answer to that although it doesn''t look good at the moment (bit of an undestatement).  Do I think we are at significant risk of going down?  Absolutely. 

We are a candidate that for sure - we should have enough to survive but then so should watford and charlton.   It does feel as if soton are particularly weak but we cannot rely on them and forest/donny to be worse than us - but thats what it feels like;   looking for 3 teams worse than we are... 

No I''m positive we won''t go down this year, seen to many decent displays from Norwich this year to suggest that our team has the quality to pull away from the bottom 3, we just need a bit of consistency, and get a string of results and we will be fine. We were in a lot worse position last year, and everyone on the Pinkun forums predicted relegation then, but to be fair, Granty would have took us down.

[quote user="The Anonymous One"]Do I think we''re going down?  Too early to give a definite answer to that although it doesn''t look good at the moment (bit of an undestatement).  Do I think we are at significant risk of going down?  Absolutely. [/quote]

My thoughts entirely [Y]

Last Saturday I was convinced that we would be OK. A battling performance, away from home, on TV and down to ten men didn''t seem like the kind of performance a team doomed to relegation would be capable of. But the tinkering of the manager on Tuesday and the dross served up in the first half has me worried again.

If I thought that GR would pick a settled side for the next couple of months based on that which started the Forest game then I would still believe we would be just about OK. But he seems incapable of picking a settled side and add to that the fact that Lita goes back in a couple of weeks and I''m really quite concerned.

I think we will go down.

Home form is the key and we will need to pick up the majority of our points at Carrow Road if we are to survive. Our three wins at home have been thanks to two last minute winners and a freak result against the top team. It doesn’t look good at all.

And towards the end of the season if we still have (or can afford!) the loan players, who will be back at their own clubs regardless of our league position, will they be giving absolutely everything for the cause?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I fear and expect the worse.[/quote]what are your balls telling you Wizard?

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="1st Wizard"]I fear and expect the worse.[/quote]

what are your balls telling you Wizard?
[/quote]

God knows AJ, they''re currently knackered and I''m awaiting the delivery of a new set![;)]

Of Course Not! We''re Norwich, We Don''t Do Third Tier Football!!

In all honesty i don''t think we will. In a perfect world, come January, there will be no money for loans and the lazy basts that are here will pack there bags and will be back at their respective clubs playing reserve team football after nothing more than the average performances they''ve put in here. At least then, we will have to play one of the ''Youf'', up front, who although, ''Having alot to learn'', is pretty much guarenteed to put in 100%.

On paper, we dont have a bad side. I think whatever happens, while fit Drury should be in the side, as with horses arse the Doc. Both have the expierience, and this is what we will need. A steady midfield infront without square ball Fotheringham to drop them in the cack, would calm a shakey defence we have at the moment. Kennedy and Semmy also.

Roeder should also get this crazy idea about Sib being a striker/target man/ saviour out of his head, drop him back into midfield and nail Fothers arse perminantly to the bench, with Bell and Hoolahoop out on the wings...... or am i just being stupid? With Lupoli and Renton/ Dally / Lita up front.

All of this obviously depends on injuries, and with the paper thin squad we have at the moment, there will be no chance of resting players. So in my conclusion, it''s all down to 100% effort, luck,  Fothers arse being nailed to the bench, bringing in the ''Youf'', luck, playing players in the right position, good refs and a touch of match fixing, and a bit of luck, of course we will stay up.....Perhaps. 

Well we have been involved in a in a long religation struggle that has lasted for now almost 5 years.

I don''t think we will go down this season as there are teams worse off than we are at the moment, but in terms I do agree with  Congo, but who knows we may be wronge and Glenn has a secret up his sleeve

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]We are a candidate that for sure - we should have enough to survive but then so should watford and charlton.   It does feel as if soton are particularly weak but we cannot rely on them and forest/donny to be worse than us - but thats what it feels like;   looking for 3 teams worse than we are... [/quote]Sums it up for me.  No one knows if we will go down or not but we are definately in the group of clubs who will be in a relegation battle at some point this season.  The table doesn''t lie, we are where we are.  We have lost more games at home than we have won and that''s ominous for any team.There is some cause for optimism, the Wolves game for example but the longer the season goes on it appears that performances like that are the exception and not the rule. 

I genuinely believe we will go down under the present regime.Fresh investment and a good manager are a must by January - if investment is still lacking by that time I''d prefer that Roeder did the correct thing by handing in his  resignation - fat chance of that happening mind.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]We are a candidate that for sure - we should have enough to survive but then so should watford and charlton.   It does feel as if soton are particularly weak but we cannot rely on them and forest/donny to be worse than us - but thats what it feels like;   looking for 3 teams worse than we are... [/quote]Sums it up for me.  No one knows if we will go down or not but we are definately in the group of clubs who will be in a relegation battle at some point this season.  The table doesn''t lie, we are where we are.  We have lost more games at home than we have won and that''s ominous for any team.There is some cause for optimism, the Wolves game for example but the longer the season goes on it appears that performances like that are the exception and not the rule.  [/quote]I too would echo this statement. I genuinly think we won''t go down because we do have enough quality to get the results at home in my opinion, unlike say donny and forest. I''m not sayin were too good to go down, there are many examples of that, I think were finish bottom halve

Difficult to make a judgement until after the January window. The present squad is clearly not punching it''s weight, but what happens when the loans go back, or are extended, who can say? I personally still believe that an Iverson deal has been done and that he will be here in January,but we''ll have to wait and see.

There''s no doubting the quality of the higher percentage of the playing staff - it''s the lack of quality in the current manager which is the crux of the problem.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Difficult to make a judgement until after the January window. The present squad is clearly not punching it''s weight, but what happens when the loans go back, or are extended, who can say? I personally still believe that an Iverson deal has been done and that he will be here in January,but we''ll have to wait and see.[/quote]

What leads you to believing that Iverson is a done deal?

It''s all going to be about whether Lita stays or not and if not who we get to replace him.

Without him or another decent striker then I would be a bit more worried than I have been.

However, if we do have at least 1 striker after the January window then I think we''ll be ok.

If the Rodent is here after the Jan window and has been as dynamic as he has been this week the yes we will be down.

Be brave and get rid of the Rodent before Jan then we have a chance of staying up.

Perhaps we didn''t get any new Loan players yesterday because the board are deciding the Rodents fate after the Scum game and this would coencide with Lita being off.

Aidey & Malkys green and yellow army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="GJP"]

It''s all going to be about whether Lita stays or not and if not who we get to replace him.

[/quote]

The way he played on Tuesday, I''d be happy for him to go now!