Loanee Situation

Sibierski: Jan 2009 - Return to Sender
Bertrand: Jan 2009 - Return to Sender and use Drury/Lappin
Kennedy: Jan 2009 - Keep until the end of the season

Lita:Dec 7th - Keep until the end of the season

Koroma: June 2009 - Try to get the loan cancelled
Lupoli: June 2009 - Try to get the loan cancelled
Omozusi: June 2009 - Retain as good cover in a few different positions

Archibald-Henville: June 2009 - Has been returned to sender.

Kennedy & Lupoli don''t count  so that means we''ve used 6 loanees and can only get 4 more in January as rules say 10 is the max in any one season.

I suggest 2 strikers, a hard midfielder to play with Clinghan and a central defender, their wages will be easily covered by what we were paying Sibbi & Bertrand & Henville.

Whats your opinion?

I''d keep Lupoli, 4 goals in 6 games is decent enough.I don''t agree about Omozusi, I think he''s poor.  Return him, try to get Grounds back to cover LB/CB instead of Bertrand.As for the rest... what about a bona fide target man?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sibierski: Jan 2009 - Return to SenderBertrand: Jan 2009 - Return to Sender and use Drury/LappinKennedy: Jan 2009 - Keep until the end of the season

Koroma: June 2009 - Try to get the loan cancelledLupoli: June 2009 - Try to get the loan cancelledOmozusi: June 2009 - Retain as good cover in a few different positions

Archibald-Henville: June 2009 - Has been returned to sender.

Kennedy & Lupoli don''t count  so that means we''ve used 6 loanees and can only get 4 more in January as rules say 10 is the max in any one season.

I suggest 2 strikers, a hard midfielder to play with Clinghan and a central defender, their wages will be easily covered by what we were paying Sibbi & Bertrand & Henville.

Whats your opinion?

[/quote]I agree with everything except your R.Bertrand point. I still think G.R rates him......

[quote user="king canary"]I''d keep Lupoli as well, even if he only comes off the bench he is a threat, much more so than Cureton.[/quote]I''ve a lot of sympathy for Lupoli.  Scores goals and gets put on the bench, why?  Roeder seems to have some peculiar compulsion to play Siberski fit or not.  I suppose Lupoli has to be thankful to get 3 minutes to show what he can do, strange strange management.  [:|]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="king canary"]I''d keep Lupoli as well, even if he only comes off the bench he is a threat, much more so than Cureton.[/quote]I''ve a lot of sympathy for Lupoli.  Scores goals and gets put on the bench, why?  Roeder seems to have some peculiar compulsion to play Siberski fit or not.  I suppose Lupoli has to be thankful to get 3 minutes to show what he can do, strange strange management.  [:|][/quote]I understand the logic of not starting him- he is lightweight and gets kicked around alot. But to only give him 3 minutes on tuesday was criminal.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="king canary"]I''d keep Lupoli as well, even if he only comes off the bench he is a threat, much more so than Cureton.[/quote]I''ve a lot of sympathy for Lupoli.  Scores goals and gets put on the bench, why?  Roeder seems to have some peculiar compulsion to play Siberski fit or not.  I suppose Lupoli has to be thankful to get 3 minutes to show what he can do, strange strange management.  [:|][/quote]I understand the logic of not starting him- he is lightweight and gets kicked around alot. But to only give him 3 minutes on tuesday was criminal.[/quote]As ludicrous as it sounds (considering his hight/weight) when it comes to being lightweight in a footballing sense, Siberski wins hands down. 

I forgot about Grounds so thats 9 loanees we''ve used although Lupoli and Kennedy don''t count so that makes 7, means we can only get 3 more in January.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sibierski: Jan 2009 - Return to Sender
Bertrand: Jan 2009 - Return to Sender and use Drury/Lappin
Kennedy: Jan 2009 - Keep until the end of the season

Koroma: June 2009 - Try to get the loan cancelled
Lupoli: June 2009 - Try to get the loan cancelled
Omozusi: June 2009 - Retain as good cover in a few different positions

Whats your opinion?

[/quote]

CA - I am a fan of Lappin and Drury - but whilst Lappin can do a job at LB if needs must, he''s only half the player when played there instead of left midfield. Indeed, arguably, that has been the root cause of his problems with Roeder - didn''t he say in Saturday''s EDP that Lappin was behind Drury and Bertrand in the pecking order? (No mention of Fotheringham or Pattison being ahead of him). Bertrand is currently struggling - but he''s still quality I think.

thought betrand was best thing since slice bread and was best left back in the league i heard few months ago!

now i really dont know if he playing good or poorly or what, but noticed he in england u21 squad as well which obviously a plus

why do you want to send him back?

[quote user="we8wba"]

thought betrand was best thing since slice bread and was best left back in the league i heard few months ago!

now i really dont know if he playing good or poorly or what, but noticed he in england u21 squad as well which obviously a plus

[/quote]
When does your loan expire? The sooner the better hopefully...

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Pale face speak with forked tongue kimo sabi![:P]

[quote user="cityangel"]I forgot about Grounds so thats 9 loanees we''ve used although Lupoli and Kennedy don''t count so that makes 7, means we can only get 3 more in January.[/quote]

I hope the club are reading this, they probably forgot this rule.

[quote user="cityangel"]

EDP is suggesting that a centre back amy appear before the 5pm emergency deadline tonight.

Makes sense because if we can''t keep Kennedy after 1/1 that only leaves us with Doc at the back.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED26%20Nov%202008%2017%3A26%3A04%3A850

[/quote]

Should keep the dressing room happy with a new center back called AMY[:$]

[quote user="cityangel"]

EDP is suggesting that a centre back amy appear before the 5pm emergency deadline tonight.

Makes sense because if we can''t keep Kennedy after 1/1 that only leaves us with Doc at the back.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED26%20Nov%202008%2017%3A26%3A04%3A850

[/quote]

Also makes sense because Kennedy is utter cr*p based on his recent performances.

Hopefully this new CB will come in and partner the Doc although somehow I suspect he will be the one that makes way for yet another loanee.

Also isn''t it the case that from our 10 loans allowed that 5 is the max for long term and 5 for short term in which case haven''t we used our short tern quota?

Grounds, Lita, Sibbi,Kennedy and Bertrand so how can we get another centre back on loan???

Confused.com

So why does Roeder not play Simon Lappin? If he does think he is behind Drury and Bertrand then he is "out to lunch". Bertrand has gone right off the boil and Drury should be at left-back with Lappin on left-midfield. If you saw Lappin in the Arsenal match he played superbly well with excellent use of the ball particularly with some raking passes from the back. Yes it was a friendly but the guy deserves a chance ahead of some of our underperforming loanees. Personally I feel that Roeder has difficulty seeing the blindingly obvious due to his overstated view of his own ability.

Lappin is completely useless at champ level, he was found out. small, lightweight, no pace, cant tackle. shame really, honouring his contract, he will be gone by the end of the season  anyway, just try and forget about him.

The Loans, well, unfortunate they are needed, but what would we have been like this season without them?

Southampton seem to be at the same level as us whilst blooding a lot of youngsters, thats the shame, stick a couple of our home grown lads in the team, they could not be any worse.

Can''t agree with you on Lappin-played out of position several times which did not help. As for his size I can think of numerous players of the same stature in the Championship who are doing well. I also reckon that we would be no worse off if we had introduced several of the youngsters alongside players such as Lappin to give experience and stability. The loans just do not do it for me.  

Lappin was a lightweight but he was quality with the ball at his feet and its crazy that in our current dire situation the club keep on about a small squad when a player who can do a job is training with the youths!

A lot of fans have all fallen into the ''hes from Chelsea so hes good'' stance with Bertrand. He hasn''t been good enough for us for a while now and it was a pleasure to see Drury in his rightful place in the team!

Omarzussi is another one who is most of the time worse than what we''ve got but I suspect part of his deal is that he plays X amount of games!

Roeders obsession with over rated Premiership loan players is one of the reasons why he is failing as our manager!

Roeder said on the radio that they had agreed terms for another loanee yesterday and the player let them down 1hr before the deadline, would rather play for the ressies for the championship club he was at.

[quote user="cityangel"]Roeder said on the radio that they had agreed terms for another loanee yesterday and the player let them down 1hr before the deadline, would rather play for the ressies for the championship club he was at.[/quote]

No player worth anything will come here. NCFC have built a reputation for being a cowboy outfit run by a sad old maid and managed by a knob.

The loanies will see us down and simply go back to their clubs when it all caves in next May.

Is anyone else embarrassed that we haven''t now got one single first team striker now who is contracted to the club?

[quote user="cityangel"]Is anyone else embarrassed that we haven''t now got one single first team striker now who is contracted to the club?[/quote]

Yes, I still can''t believe Roeder didn''t get at least 1 in the summer especially as he knew 3 key attacking players were leaving.

I don''t care that JC has gone because he did very very little for us but I can''t help but feel that Glenn took his eye off the ball a bit with his chasing of Hoolahan and a couple of others players which made him lose sight of how much we needed a striker (strikers).

Who could this be?

Other than confirming his target was not a striker and was currently with a Championship team, there were few clues as to the player''s identity. But what Roeder did reveal knocked on the head rumours that he had been in the market for Newcastle''s David Edgar and Andy Carroll.

"It was very close," he said. "It was four o''clock, an hour before, which was very frustrating. I was expecting that the player would come. We have got into this scenario that I got into this time last year when I tried to bring in a couple of senior players on loan.

"They seem to be in the comfort zone of maybe only playing sometimes for their team and the rest of the time maybe sitting in the stand but staying where they are not really wanted rather than come somewhere they are wanted and play football every week.

"I just think it is really a sign of the times. This particular lad had been playing quite regular football for his first team, but had become surplus to requirements in the last couple of weeks and would have been a good signing."