Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Congragulations Glen and the board

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Slightly off the point but - I have four jackets in my wardrobe, one of which I hardly ever wear because it''s past it.  If I lent it to a friend, or gave it to a charity shop, would I miss it?  I''d still have three which all do the job.

[/quote]

But they can''t do the job can they?

Sibbi - crap

Lupoli - too lightweight

OJ - invisible man - when did we last see him?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Slightly off the point but - I have four jackets in my wardrobe, one of which I hardly ever wear because it''s past it.  If I lent it to a friend, or gave it to a charity shop, would I miss it?  I''d still have three which all do the job.[/quote]

But they can''t do the job can they?

Sibbi - crap

Lupoli - too lightweight

OJ - invisible man - when did we last see him?

[/quote]Harsh.Lita - successLupoli - 4 goals in 7 starts, isn''t it?Sibierski - 2 goals, 2 assists - not setting the place on fire but better than BanjoOJ - yep, he''s not very good.Your solution is to keep Cureton - 0 goals this season - that''s nonsense.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Harsh.
Lita - success
Lupoli - 4 goals in 7 starts, isn''t it?
Sibierski - 2 goals, 2 assists - not setting the place on fire but better than Banjo
OJ - yep, he''s not very good.
Your solution is to keep Cureton - 0 goals this season - that''s nonsense.

[/quote]

But Lita might not be here after the 7th so do you think Sibbi and Lupoli will make the dream team? I would have kept Jamie at least until January for cover if not for anything else.

[quote]I would have kept Jamie at least until January for cover if not for anything else.[/quote]

Precisely.

Roeder clearly does not rate Jamie, he will be one of the bigger wage earners and Jamie wants to play football.  While he is unhappy it causes unrest in the squad.  Taking Chopsys analogy its not whether the other jackets are up to the job,  roeder simply does not  like it so is leaving it in the wardrobe.

Cureton or Sibierski ?  Hobsons choice - both diabolically this season but Sib is clearly the managers comfort jacket that is pulled on despite being beyond its useful life

Cureton or Lupoli - Lupoli for me, does look lightweight but we play better with him and he has scored,  something Jamie has not looked like doing for a while

JC or Lita - no contest - Lita at the mo...

JC or Koroma - Impossible to tell - cant agree with those that say OJ is poor,  he has not played enough to be able to judge and rarely up front.  He has one thing we are crying out for in pace but that alone is not enough.   My puntis keep OJ as the wages will be cheaper and despite 60% fewer appearances has the same goals scored this season... 

If JC can find his scoring boots or some confidence maybe just maybe he can carry that on when back here...  But if he does at Donny will they leap frog us in the league???

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="cityangel"]

What a stupid f****** decision to let Jamie go, if they don''t renew the Lita loan it will leave us with useless Sibbi and Loopyloo and injured unready for the championship youngster Koroma.

Sorry for swearing!

[/quote]

It makes you want to swear though doesn''t it? lol I was the same when 5pm came and went and we had signed no one.

Are things really that bad?  Have I had a 3 year nightmare and just awoken?

[/quote]

Sorry WAY49 - you have had a 3-year nightmare, but unfortunately you are still asleep (the nightmare goes on....)

Maybe he thinks Luke Daley is up for a start which is why he let Cureton go.    I can understand the anger here but what is the point of keeping a non-scoring striker.  Its not as if he hasnt been given the chances is it...

[quote user="blinded by the story"]

Ah the effectiviness of the Rodent extensive contact book!!!!!!

Nobody wants to caomehere to play for the idiot. Surely we have Curetons wages to spend on a Loan signing

[/quote]

So just 2 strikers available tomorrow then with Sibbi looking iffy and Oj starting training next week after an 8 week absence.

Lets hope that Lita and Lupoli don''t get injured in training today mind you there''s always Rusty to play upfront [:)]

this could be a blessing in disguise, we could be seeing more of are youngsters now, Renton and Daley, might make the bench and maybe start some games.

They might actully score some goals as well

[quote user="ridgeman"]One thing is for certain if JC goes to Barnsley and gets his confidence back Roeder will soon take it away again thats if he ever lets him pull on our shirt again which I very much doubt. [/quote]Could not agree more. JC, no matter how well he does at Barnsley, will probably never play for Norwich again. He frees up more money for Roeders Premiership loans.

At least Jamie has a recall clause - if he''s doing well after 28 days let''s hope Roeder has the sense (and can get past his pride) to bring him back...

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

this could be a blessing in disguise, we could be seeing more of are youngsters now, Renton and Daley, might make the bench and maybe start some games.

[/quote]

If either Daley or Renton get to play in the next couple of months I''ll buy you a pint, Roeder has already said that Daley is months away from being included in the first team and I''m guessing that Renton is behind Daley.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

[/quote]

If either Daley or Renton get to play in the next couple of months I''ll buy you a pint, Roeder has already said that Daley is months away from being included in the first team and I''m guessing that Renton is behind Daley.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t hold your breath on the Renton and Daley front, given the article today about us being down to 16 fit pros.  The following is from the Evening News article:-

Roeder will also take two more players up to Sheffield as part of the football development, 17-year-old academy products Tom Adeyemi and Korey Smith.

“Tom and Korey will be numbers 17 and 18 in the squad, two very young pros. Of the outfield players, they are the two that I am most hopeful will make a breakthrough at some stage towards the end of the season. So those two are going to travel but the team will be made up of the 16.”

Roeder was always going to be a disaster and I said it right from the start. I doubt he could believe his luck when this shower of **** took him on and now we have either another pay out to make or relegation.

A bleedin'' lash up of the first order.