Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Congragulations Glen and the board

What else do you expect from this arrogant idiot,the sooner this F-----g man goes the better.I am afraid Glenda Roeder has messed this club up big style

[quote user="Hucks6"]What else do you expect from this arrogant idiot,the sooner this F-----g man goes the better.I am afraid Glenda Roeder has messed this club up big style[/quote]What a load of twaddle! This club was in a sorry state long before Glen came along. I''m not saying he''s done that well, but to place the blame firmly at his feet is complete bullshine!

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Hucks6"]What else do you expect from this arrogant idiot,the sooner this F-----g man goes the better.I am afraid Glenda Roeder has messed this club up big style
[/quote]

What a load of twaddle! This club was in a sorry state long before Glen came along. I''m not saying he''s done that well, but to place the blame firmly at his feet is complete bullshine!
[/quote]

agree... Roeder hasnt helped himself but we all know he is now the fall guy in all of this...

jas :)

What a stupid f****** decision to let Jamie go, if they don''t renew the Lita loan it will leave us with useless Sibbi and Loopyloo and injured unready for the championship youngster Koroma.

Sorry for swearing!

[quote user="cityangel"]

What a stupid f****** decision to let Jamie go, if they don''t renew the Lita loan it will leave us with useless Sibbi and Loopyloo and injured unready for the championship youngster Koroma.

Sorry for swearing!

[/quote]

It makes you want to swear though doesn''t it? lol I was the same when 5pm came and went and we had signed no one.

Are things really that bad?  Have I had a 3 year nightmare and just awoken?

The Damage was done in the Premiership. The board didn''t do enough to seriously keep us up. The sad thing is one point could have made all the differents. And that difference could have been swallowing out pride and signing Ashton earlier, but no, we waited til January!Again, when Worthy lost the dressing room, it took them eternity to realise this and replace him, it should have been done quicker. Then, we employ an inexperianced no-hoper to manage a squad that was crying out for change from our premier league downfall.The squad needed a clear-out, but instead money was stupidly given to Grant to spend and what has that money got us? A decent goalkeeper, a backwards midfielder and a fantastic buy that ''has no future here''.Glenda hasn''t helped the cause but did the right thing to clear out the squad, he is clearing up someone else''s mess. Unfortunately he now has no money to complete his plans. In which case, I seem to have missed his tenure as an English manager.

What worries me is not just we''ve weakened our squad but we''ve provided a player to one of our rivals. He may not have scored for us this season but he''s still got it in him to score goals, especially if he rediscovers form anywhere near what he had at Colchester. Loaning him to a club in the divison below would have made more sense to me, but I gave up along time ago trying to make sense of things that happen at our club. Maybe they wanted his wages paid by someone else? hence no one else coming into the club today.

Not a load of twaddle.You must have short memory when this idiot came here the first thing he said was you cannot judge me till i have been here  a year and got rid of all the dead wood from Peter Grant,he has been here a year got rid of dead wood and got the ashes,his players not Grants. HIS players so who is to blame?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Didn''t expect anything else did you Jim?  We haven''t got two brass farthings to rub together [:(][/quote]

Wasnt daft enough to think we would strengthen but didnt expect the idiots to weaken us even more and on top of that strengthen a relagation rival

[quote user="jim blair"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Didn''t expect anything else did you Jim?  We haven''t got two brass farthings to rub together [:(][/quote]

Wasnt daft enough to think we would strengthen but didnt expect the idiots to weaken us even more and on top of that strengthen a relagation rival

[/quote]

It''s hillarious, and could only happen with our club.  If I didn''t laugh I would cry [:''(]

[quote user="jim blair"]

[/quote]

very very good point JB, imagine if Jamie does get Barnsley a few points, and we go down 1 point below them. Rest assured though there will still be plenty on here saying it was a wise decision by our super Board and owners.

[quote user="jim blair"]Another deadline appears to have passed and  what have we done ? weakend the squad of course !! what a good idea[/quote]Or have we just offloaded a high wage earner who can''t do his job?  IN any other business you''d say it was a good move.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jim blair"]Another deadline appears to have passed and  what have we done ? weakend the squad of course !! what a good idea[/quote]Or have we just offloaded a high wage earner who can''t do his job?  IN any other business you''d say it was a good move.[/quote]

Is it really good business to offload a striker when you only have two experienced forwards in ones squad? Sibierski isn''t a striker by the way - Roeder must be the only football manager who fails to recognise that fact.The f**king idiot.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jim blair"]Another deadline appears to have passed and  what have we done ? weakend the squad of course !! what a good idea[/quote]Or have we just offloaded a high wage earner who can''t do his job?  IN any other business you''d say it was a good move.[/quote]

Is it really good business to offload a striker when you only have two experienced forwards in ones squad? Sibierski isn''t a striker by the way - Roeder must be the only football manager who fails to recognise that fact.The f**king idiot.[/quote]Well...Slightly off the point but - I have four jackets in my wardrobe, one of which I hardly ever wear because it''s past it.  If I lent it to a friend, or gave it to a charity shop, would I miss it?  I''d still have three which all do the job.

[quote user="Hucks6"]Not a load of twaddle.You must have short memory when this idiot came here the first thing he said was you cannot judge me till i have been here  a year and got rid of all the dead wood from Peter Grant,he has been here a year got rid of dead wood and got the ashes,his players not Grants. HIS players so who is to blame?
[/quote]

He has not been given the resources to do his job properly as yet (money) and this could well be the reason behind the lack of any loan signings.  Judging him is impossible and naive.  He told an after dinner audience that MWJ told him that if he kept us last season the budget would be unlimited, what a joke!

Explain how you would do your job without your tools?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jim blair"]Another deadline appears to have passed and  what have we done ? weakend the squad of course !! what a good idea[/quote]

Or have we just offloaded a high wage earner who can''t do his job?  IN any other business you''d say it was a good move.

[/quote]

Is it really good business to offload a striker when you only have two experienced forwards in ones squad? Sibierski isn''t a striker by the way - Roeder must be the only football manager who fails to recognise that fact.

The f**king idiot.
[/quote]

Well...

Slightly off the point but - I have four jackets in my wardrobe, one of which I hardly ever wear because it''s past it.  If I lent it to a friend, or gave it to a charity shop, would I miss it?  I''d still have three which all do the job.

[/quote]

But can any of them put the ball in the net? [:D]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jim blair"]Another deadline appears to have passed and  what have we done ? weakend the squad of course !! what a good idea[/quote]Or have we just offloaded a high wage earner who can''t do his job?  IN any other business you''d say it was a good move.[/quote]

Is it really good business to offload a striker when you only have two experienced forwards in ones squad? Sibierski isn''t a striker by the way - Roeder must be the only football manager who fails to recognise that fact.The f**king idiot.[/quote]Well...Slightly off the point but - I have four jackets in my wardrobe, one of which I hardly ever wear because it''s past it.  If I lent it to a friend, or gave it to a charity shop, would I miss it?  I''d still have three which all do the job.[/quote]

But can any of them put the ball in the net? [:D]

[/quote]Don''t be daft, lad, they''re jackets!Just noticed your location by the way  [Y]

[quote]Slightly off the point but - I have four jackets in my wardrobe, one of which I hardly ever wear because it''s past it.  If I lent it to a friend, or gave it to a charity shop, would I miss it?  I''d still have three which all do the job.[/quote]

[:O] Are you seriously comparing the management of a professional football team to the number of jackets you have in your wardrobe!?!We have just two experienced forwards in Lita & Lupoli - if one those is injured or suspended midfielder Sibierski is the sole replacement and correct me if I''m wrong but I''m certain none of the youth/reserve strikers are above 5ft 10".We''ve needed a targetman since last f*cking January and the p*at Roeder had the chance to fill that position before deadline this afternoon after already releasing Cureton - alas, nothing.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jim blair"]Another deadline appears to have passed and  what have we done ? weakend the squad of course !! what a good idea[/quote]

Or have we just offloaded a high wage earner who can''t do his job?  IN any other business you''d say it was a good move.

[/quote]

Is it really good business to offload a striker when you only have two experienced forwards in ones squad? Sibierski isn''t a striker by the way - Roeder must be the only football manager who fails to recognise that fact.

The f**king idiot.
[/quote]

Well...

Slightly off the point but - I have four jackets in my wardrobe, one of which I hardly ever wear because it''s past it.  If I lent it to a friend, or gave it to a charity shop, would I miss it?  I''d still have three which all do the job.

[/quote]

You''d keep the strait jacket though, wouldn''t you?

I think it will do the club and JC well this move. If he does score a few, then we can recal him after 28 days, he is one of the highest wage earners and he has had a poor season, even last year he was not that great. He probably does need to be loved again and I can''t see GR doing that. we can all speculate on his man management skills but I suggest they are not the best. He must have somthing in the pipeline with Lita, there''s no way that he would get rid of him and Curo.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

He must have somthing in the pipeline with Lita, there''s no way that he would get rid of him and Curo.

[/quote]

Can we extend Lita''s loan before 1st January?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jim blair"]Another deadline appears to have passed and  what have we done ? weakend the squad of course !! what a good idea[/quote]Or have we just offloaded a high wage earner who can''t do his job?  IN any other business you''d say it was a good move.[/quote]

Is it really good business to offload a striker when you only have two experienced forwards in ones squad? Sibierski isn''t a striker by the way - Roeder must be the only football manager who fails to recognise that fact.The f**king idiot.[/quote]Well...Slightly off the point but - I have four jackets in my wardrobe, one of which I hardly ever wear because it''s past it.  If I lent it to a friend, or gave it to a charity shop, would I miss it?  I''d still have three which all do the job.[/quote]

You''d keep the strait jacket though, wouldn''t you?

[/quote]mmmffffffffff.

Even if JC is a "high earner" do you think Barnsley will be paying all his wages?

I doubt it very much, cos we seem to still pay everyone''s wages, even when they''re playing for Spurs reserves!!! [:(] [:@]

[quote user="shyster"][quote]Slightly off the point but - I have four jackets in my wardrobe, one of which I hardly ever wear because it''s past it.  If I lent it to a friend, or gave it to a charity shop, would I miss it?  I''d still have three which all do the job.[/quote]

[:O] Are you seriously comparing the management of a professional football team to the number of jackets you have in your wardrobe!?![/quote]I''m certainly comparing it...

[quote user="Hucks6"]Not a load of twaddle.You must have short memory when this idiot came here the first thing he said was you cannot judge me till i have been here  a year and got rid of all the dead wood from Peter Grant,he has been here a year got rid of dead wood and got the ashes,his players not Grants. HIS players so who is to blame?
[/quote]100% spot on, the sooner this idiot is sacked the better,

Canaries in bed has hit the nail on the head. Yes my first reaction was "Eh Barnsley??" and im a little concerned we have loaned him to a rival relegation team but lets think about the following points:On top form with top confidence Curo was top goal scorer in this division.We are in a fight so do not have time to play him to get his confidence back up ie: he might not do anything and we are in theory carrying a man.Send him out on loan with a immidiate reacall after 28 daysHe is not gonna get his confidence back within a few games but after a month if he is firing on all cylinders we recall him and get him playing.Now I have thought about it I think its possibley quite a shrewd move by Roader if he''s playing well in a month we get a striker with confidence, if he isnt playing well we get a relegation rival with a cack strike force. Win win.Now leave my little rodent alone, he may well have poor tactical nous but at least he has a friendly approachable side. Wink [;)]