Sign in to follow this  
Sing Up The South Stand

Would sacking Roeder actually improve things?

Me, I''m not sure.  And that should be the sole reason for keeping him, or getting rid of him.

Changing Worthy and Grant didn''t, not sure changing Roeder would either.

I completely understand why people think he should go, but I can''t really see it achieving anything.  Apart from increasing the mess we are in further still, and our debt so even less to spend on players.

What if the new manager cannot improve things (which I expect), sack him as well?  And there''s nothing to suggest a new manager would be able to change things.

I know Glenn has many faults, but I don''t think sacking him is the sensible option..  No point doing anything if it won''t make a difference.  If Worthy or Roeder had decent money to spend we would be doing much better.

I still find it amazing how many people still let the board get away so lightly.

Glenn''s had peanuts - I heard him say the loans take up 15% of the transfer budget, and the 4 others the remaining 85%, and they haven''t cost much.  Says it all for me.

its a good point but how long do we leave him in charge.we are now 4th from bottom and to be honest wolves game apart we have been as poor as ive seen a norwich team

next game is ipswich at home which we may well struggle with to.i am unsure of roeders tactics and managment skills i feel a change is needed now.

It all depends who we replace him with doesn''t it ?

If we going to use the same criteria as for the last two then don''t bother cos we just finish up with PG/GR mark2 !

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

Me, I''m not sure.  And that should be the sole reason for keeping him, or getting rid of him.

I completely understand why people think he should go, but I can''t really see it achieving anything.  Apart from increasing the mess we are in further still, and our debt so even less to spend on players.

What if the new manager cannot improve things (which I expect), sack him as well?  And there''s nothing to suggest a new manager would be able to change things.

I know Glenn has many faults, but I don''t think sacking him is the sensible option..  No point doing anything if it won''t make a difference.  If Worthy or Roeder had decent money to spend we would be doing much better.I still find it amazing how many people still let the board get away so lightly.

Glenn''s had peanuts - I heard him say the loans take up 15% of the transfer budget, and the 4 others the remaining 85%, and they haven''t cost much.  Says it all for me.

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more. Roeder does make some bizarre decisions and his treatment of certain players, Lupoli, Lappin, Chadwick to name a few. But getting rid of him now could cost usanything if there is left of a transfer budget. A new manager could come in but I think we haveto be realistic, we don''t have enough strength in depth. We have a couple of injuries and suspensions and we can hardly put a squad together. I think finally the mistakes of the last few years are catching up with us now, and have been delayed longer than they should. Getting promoted to the premiership, in my opinion was a poison chalice. Being relegated to League 1 may be a blessing in disguise?

[quote user="Willmeister"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

I know Glenn has many faults, but I don''t think sacking him is the sensible option..  No point doing anything if it won''t make a difference.  If Worthy or Roeder had decent money to spend we would be doing much better.

I still find it amazing how many people still let the board get away so lightly.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. Roeder does make some bizarre decisions and his treatment of certain players, Lupoli, Lappin, Chadwick to name a few. But getting rid of him now could cost usanything if there is left of a transfer budget. A new manager could come in but I think we haveto be realistic, we don''t have enough strength in depth. We have a couple of injuries and suspensions and we can hardly put a squad together. I think finally the mistakes of the last few years are catching up with us now, and have been delayed longer than they should. Getting promoted to the premiership, in my opinion was a poison chalice. Being relegated to League 1 may be a blessing in disguise?
[/quote]he needs to go so we can get someone in who can do for us what roeder done last season and take us on a run, should of listened to newcastle and west ham fans who said roeder does a job in the first season at the club but then ruins everything

Yes, but then would we just continue this run of getting a new manager in once a year. Think how much it will cost the club. I don''t think the situation we are in atm can be sorted by simply sacking a manager and hiring another one. We need money but I just can''t see where that will come from.

two of my best mates one from newcastle , and one from west ham both go to every home game.. i said this months ago and just got grief.

neither rate him or his tactics, or the way he speaks to players, sadly they both were right.

other teams have done better on a smaller budget.

some of roeders decisions have been terrible.

huckerby the first one, joe lewis, also bringing players in paying wages without playing them is crazy.and then to send them back..??

cureton is not playing well as he has no confidence, same for hoolihan.

if your players dont like you , your stuffed.

I''d just like to see him pick the same team for a few games in a row. Despite the loss today.

It''d be good to see a bit of continuity and rhythm come into the team. I mean Glenn whinges about inconsistency but that originates from him as there is no consistency in his team selection.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

Thats what people said about Worthy!

Arsenal fans said the same thing about Wenger two weeks ago

[/quote]Arsenal fans said the same thing about Wenger two weeks ago....are you sure???? how many titles had GR won????? how many cups has GR won???? lol

he has lost the dressing room...it shows on the pitch..players dont want to play perform for him....we need a change!!!!!

if YOU turned up at work for a year and done a crap job would you still be there?????? NO