Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Simon Lappin again!!!

Glenn''s pre-match comments about not having enough fit pro''s in the squad - and yet still no mention of Simon Lappin.

I can count 16 other fit pro''s who presumebly are the one''s he is taking. For goodness sake Glenn - give Lappin a chance.

Everything I hear from Colney is that he''s playing well but Glenn refuses to play him - so infuriating!

Unbelievable.

Couldn,t agree more !! One of my friends has a close link at ncfc and they all trust lappins left foot... certainly more trust in his left boot than in roeder''s judgement of players. Roeder should be man enough to make up with lappin whatever the differences as at the end of the day it is surely about doing the best for norwich city rather than glen (I can''t deal with any negative comments about me) roeder.

The art of good management is cajoling and encouraging players and bringing out the best in them. GR does not appear to do this - he is too wrapped up his own ar*e.

I''ve heard that of Lappin too, WWBW -- Roeder''s decisions grow increasingly unfathomable. 

I''m beginning to think the man hates himself - ''least his actions suggest that he does.

I admire Lappins professionalism in all of this.. he still turns up for training every day and is giving his all... he should be commended, i still maintain he will play for us again...jas :)

If Roeder is deliberately -and his comments about "only 16 senior pro''s" suggest just that- shunning Lappin, then that is disgraceful.

Is Roeder really that unprofessional?

His treatment of Lappin cannot be all about one game, others have had bad games, but more than one, two, three-Sib looks genuinely unfit and uninterested, yet, come Jan, I am sure Roeder will want him back, given half the chance. It seems all about favourites and who''s in and who''s out and you get the feeling, when it comes down to people and player management, Harry Redknapp is at one end of the spectrum and Roeder is far, far distant at the other and as diplomatic as Peter Grant was. Which he wasn''t.

[quote user="Dogger "]

Perhaps we should chant Lappin''s name at the next home match?

[/quote]

Agree. That would get Roeder''s sucked on a lemon face going.

I agree that Lappin should be given as much as a chance as any other member of the squad. But would you really pick him? Where? Drury is far superior as a left-back, and so is Bertrand, even if he has been off form recently. Bell is far superior as a creative player on the left, while if you wanted a bit more bite you''d pick Pattison ahead of Lappin every time.

I''ve got nothing against him, he seems like a decent bloke and was an ok player. But I just can''t see how he gets into the side.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Are people insinuating Roeder is showing favoritism?  Surely not.
[/quote]He doesn''t do favourites. He said so.

GR is too unforgiving I''m afraid, he should be picking the right man for the job, not just those suit his fragile sensibilities.

Lappin is this seasons Hucks.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="AndyJR"]Are people insinuating Roeder is showing favoritism?  Surely not.[/quote]He doesn''t do favourites. He said so.[/quote]Is that in the same way he says he doesn''t like to criticise and then says something along the lines of ''Cureton misses chance after chance, useless player''?

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

GR is too unforgiving I''m afraid, he should be picking the right man for the job, not just those suit his fragile sensibilities.

[/quote]

So which job is Lappin the right man for, Jim? Left back? Left midfield? Central midfield? I think we have better options than him in all those positions. Where would you pick him, and in front of whom?

For me Lappin should be on the left - where we would be better off having a left footer on the left side. Bell would be more effective in the middle, playing with Clingan.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]For me Lappin should be on the left - where we would be better off having a left footer on the left side. Bell would be more effective in the middle, playing with Clingan.[/quote]

Interesting - I hadn''t thought of that. Not sure I can see Bell having enough energy to dominate in midfield, but he''s certainly got an eye for a pass. I think I''d still probably go for a bit more solidity: Pattison, Bell, Clingan, Croft.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="AndyJR"]Are people insinuating Roeder is showing favoritism?  Surely not.
[/quote]He doesn''t do favourites. He said so.[/quote]

Is that in the same way he says he doesn''t like to criticise and then says something along the lines of ''Cureton misses chance after chance, useless player''?

[/quote]Exactly the same way. It''s something he''s good at.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="AndyJR"]Are people insinuating Roeder is showing favoritism?  Surely not.[/quote]He doesn''t do favourites. He said so.[/quote]Is that in the same way he says he doesn''t like to criticise and then says something along the lines of ''Cureton misses chance after chance, useless player''?[/quote]Exactly the same way. It''s something he''s good at.[/quote]lol.  [:)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Funny how players look so much better when they''re not in the side isn''t it?[/quote]

Yes, that is true - our present players (and ones we''re shot of)  look much better playing for other sides under decent managers - Brown, Chadwick, Spillane, Strihavka etc..

And now Cureton no doubt.

Funny how some players look so bad when in the side-trouble is we have so many at the moment! Lappin deserves an opportunity not only for the fact that Roeder is not prepared to eat "humble pie" but also with our dire financial position can we afford just to have such a skilled player only training? The fact that he plays in the reserve team would imply that he is a reserve for when the first team squad is short as it is now yet he does not get in. In my book Roeder is the architect of our downfall through his arrogance and inability to motivate players along with his dire selection /substitution policy. When I see other squads visiting Carrow Road it is easy to see what can be achieved on a limited budget by a decent manager yet we constantly fail. Roeder has to go but can we afford to terminate his contract?

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

I agree that Lappin should be given as much as a chance as any other member of the squad. But would you really pick him? Where? Drury is far superior as a left-back, and so is Bertrand, even if he has been off form recently. Bell is far superior as a creative player on the left, while if you wanted a bit more bite you''d pick Pattison ahead of Lappin every time.

I''ve got nothing against him, he seems like a decent bloke and was an ok player. But I just can''t see how he gets into the side.

[/quote]

Erm Excuse me, but I seem to recall Palace first goal came in Rout 1 style, straight through Dreary Drury I would only play him as ball boy

Drury looked a lot better at left back though!! Don''t think anyone would say Lappin should be played left back though, but has got to be given a chance in midfield! Time to eat humble pie Glen!

I take it Roeder has not included Omozusi and Berty in that 16, and both may be fit and would be picked ahead of Lappin.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[/quote]

So which job is Lappin the right man for, Jim? Left back? Left midfield? Central midfield? I think we have better options than him in all those positions. Where would you pick him, and in front of whom?

[/quote]

Point taken Robert,

However it would seem that he is not even considered for the team, not because of his playing abilities but because his face doesn''t fit. For sure a left back he isn''t but he is a decent left sided midfielder and should be in our very limited squad in case of an injury at that position surely, if only because he''s all we got.

Roeder himself has stated how well Lappin played in the reserves and how good he is in training, the criteria that he says he judges players on, but in almost the same breath says he does not figure in his selection thoughts, puzzling ?

Stop going on about Simon Lappin if he was good enough & trained as well as people keep speculating he has then he would be in the team! Glenn wants to prove us wrong and show us how good a manager he is by winning games if he thought Lappin could help us win games he would be in the team! Oh We Want Worthy Back and Cesc stop going on about stuff going on at colney because its aload of bullsh*t and you know it is your just using it as stick to beat Roeder with.

[quote user="Football 101"]Stop going on about Simon Lappin if he was good enough & trained as well as people keep speculating he has then he would be in the team! Glenn wants to prove us wrong and show us how good a manager he is by winning games if he thought Lappin could help us win games he would be in the team! Oh We Want Worthy Back and Cesc stop going on about stuff going on at colney because its aload of bullsh*t and you know it is your just using it as stick to beat Roeder with.
[/quote]

Not true.

I don''t think Lappin is first choice team material but i was there at Plymouth and he played no worse than some of the shocking performances of some of Glen''s favourites since - including Bertrand.

i don''t think it matters how well Lappin performs in training or reserve matches as Glen has already marked his card.