Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Lets be realistic...we wont get relegated!

Lets look at this honestly, can anyone really see us failing to finish above the likes of Doncaster, Forest, Southampton, Blackpool to name a few? The results are not going our way, but we are making chances, and thats more than some of the tripe teams ive watched this year. Im not kidding myself, this club needs changes from top to bottom, boardroom to the transfer policy, but realisticly we are too strong to go down. Now I know nobody is too good to go down, but look at the teams around us like Barnsley or even Charlton-dreadful. We may be losing a few but we are not getting hammered. Things need to change here, im not being a fool, I know we wont be challenging for promotion, but we wont be going down either. I know people say "nobodys too good to go down" but frankly when push comes to shove we will have enough points and that im sure of. I dont like the board, im not Roeders no1 fan but I do admire what hes done on peanuts, im not even keen on a few of our players but I love this club.

We wont go down, and I promise you all if we do you will never hear from me again! { Now some of you probably hope we go down![;)]}

Charlton could well turn it around under a new manager ,as could Forest (Calderwood expected to get sacked anyday now) , Doncaster beat Ipswich so they can get a result when needed . As for us , well after Lita goes back just who will put the ball in the net ? Lupoli who if he gets a start can hardly last 45 mins , Koroma ? not likely is it . (and i dont think an ageing Iverson is the answer either) . We have a weak uncreative midfield , nobody who can score to save their lives and a defence that conceeds every game without fail , one of the worst managers in our history and add to that we are totally skint and i would say there is every chance we will go down .

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Lets look at this honestly, can anyone really see us failing to finish above the likes of Doncaster, Forest, Southampton, Blackpool to name a few? The results are not going our way, but we are making chances, and thats more than some of the tripe teams ive watched this year. Im not kidding myself, this club needs changes from top to bottom, boardroom to the transfer policy, but realisticly we are too strong to go down. Now I know nobody is too good to go down, but look at the teams around us like Barnsley or even Charlton-dreadful. We may be losing a few but we are not getting hammered. Things need to change here, im not being a fool, I know we wont be challenging for promotion, but we wont be going down either. I know people say "nobodys too good to go down" but frankly when push comes to shove we will have enough points and that im sure of. I dont like the board, im not Roeders no1 fan but I do admire what hes done on peanuts, im not even keen on a few of our players but I love this club.

We wont go down, and I promise you all if we do you will never hear from me again! { Now some of you probably hope we go down![;)]}

[/quote]

Why do peeps think we are better than Barnsley? I went to the away game and they looked a better side than us. Admittedly that was only one game but what are others basing their assumptions on

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Charlton could well turn it around under a new manager ,as could Forest (Calderwood expected to get sacked anyday now) , Doncaster beat Ipswich so they can get a result when needed . As for us , well after Lita goes back just who will put the ball in the net ? Lupoli who if he gets a start can hardly last 45 mins , Koroma ? not likely is it . (and i dont think an ageing Iverson is the answer either) . We have a weak uncreative midfield , nobody who can score to save their lives and a defence that conceeds every game without fail , one of the worst managers in our history and add to that we are totally skint and i would say there is every chance we will go down .
[/quote]

That is exactly how I see it!

All this talk of a good side on paper etc is rubbish. Simply put, we will not score enough goals to stop us going down

We will go down if something is not sorted out soon. If we don''t get some consistency soon we will go down. And by the way Roeder has run out of time in my opinion.

Lets look at this honestly, can anyone really see us failing to finish above the likes of Doncaster, Forest, Southampton, Blackpool to name a few?

[/quote]We lost to Southampton away, and drew with Blackpool at home.  Not convinced we''re better than either of those teams. And we can finish above Donny & Forest and still go down.

Only Doncaster are going to be worse than us over the season as Forest will improve if they get Alardice and Southampton will pull it around.

No Dublin to save us this season I''m afraid.

Feel vey confident that we will not go down. There are a lot worser teams than us. The thing with us so far this season, is that we play well one week and crap next week, also we have played some of the best football I have seen for a few years and lose then go and play badly and grab an undeserved point or win. We will pull out of the relegation zone PDQ.

I dont think scoring is our problem, its conceding.

How many clean sheets this season? 2/3?

Lupoli has to be given his chance now, surely?

[/quote]can i see us going down...without new investment for the january sales   YES

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Feel vey confident that we will not go down. There are a lot worser teams than us. The thing with us so far this season, is that we play well one week and crap next week, also we have played some of the best football I have seen for a few years and lose then go and play badly and grab an undeserved point or win. We will pull out of the relegation zone PDQ.[/quote]

It frustartes me to keep reading about these teams that are worse than us. What teams are they and why? So many people on here look at our team with rose tinted glasses and "we are to big to go down" Of course Leeds, Forest and Leiceester fans have all thought the same in recent years

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Feel vey confident that we will not go down. There are a lot worser teams than us. The thing with us so far this season, is that we play well one week and crap next week, also we have played some of the best football I have seen for a few years and lose then go and play badly and grab an undeserved point or win. We will pull out of the relegation zone PDQ.[/quote]

It frustartes me to keep reading about these teams that are worse than us. What teams are they and why? So many people on here look at our team with rose tinted glasses and "we are to big to go down" Of course Leeds, Forest and Leiceester fans have all thought the same in recent years

[/quote]

Im not saying we are too big to go down, what im saying is we play better football, create more chances, have more quality, and im confident we wont go down.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ok fair enough, but ill keep my word, if we get relegated you wont hear from me again on this site!!![/quote]

Sadly then Arthur, I''ll say my goodbye to you now![:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ok fair enough, but ill keep my word, if we get relegated you wont hear from me again on this site!!![/quote]

[/quote]

LOL! Not a bit of it Wiz friend, I shall be seeing you again next season. Dont get me wrong I havent changed my opinion on the way this club is run, but im certain we wont go down.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

LOL! Not a bit of it Wiz friend, I shall be seeing you again next season.

[/quote]

Thank God for that then![Y]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

LOL! Not a bit of it Wiz friend, I shall be seeing you again next season.

[/quote]

Thank God for that then![Y]

[/quote]

Im sure not all posters will be happy when im still on here next season-health permitting of course.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

Im not saying we are too big to go down, what im saying is we play better football, create more chances, have more quality, and im confident we wont go down.

[/quote]

If we create more chances, play better football and have more quality, why are we in a relegation fight?  Is it because we score fewer goals  and concede more goals than the opposition?  In which case, I am sorry but I cant see how we are better than those other teams that people keep mentioning

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we create more chances, play better football and have more quality, why are we in a relegation fight?  Is it because we score fewer goals  and concede more goals than the opposition?  In which case, I am sorry but I cant see how we are better than those other teams that people keep mentioning

[/quote]

Because from what ive seen, those teams, are not creating many chances, playing crap football, and have worse squads.

Usually a team can only go so long by doing the bare minimum to survive until something has to give.

Several seasons of poor quality, and at the moment I feel that this season is the season that breaks the camels back!

(Now having said that we''ll go and beat Wednesday by 3!).

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because from what ive seen, those teams, are not creating many chances, playing crap football, and have worse squads.

[/quote]

But still beating us!!

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But still beating us!!

[/quote]

True, but I will have a bet with you we wont go down.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But still beating us!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you offering better odds than betfair...100/30.

i really hope your right Arthur.. but we have played most of the division at least once now and very few of the teams have looked worse than us! forest did, but Doncaster looked on a par with us for large chunks of the game... they played ;ike a league 1 side so what does that say about us!?

jas :)

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But still beating us!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you offering better odds than betfair...100/30.

[/quote]

8/1

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i really hope your right Arthur.. but we have played most of the division at least once now and very few of the teams have looked worse than us! forest did, but Doncaster looked on a par with us for large chunks of the game... they played ;ike a league 1 side so what does that say about us!?

jas :)

[/quote]

I agree Jas, I just feel we have enough to stay up safely, we wont set the league alight and we will finish down the bottom but im still sure we wont go down. If we do ill run through Norwich market with my fish and chips naked!