Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Norwich

Looking forward to the **** game?

I think I''ve finally reached a nadir as my time as a Norwich supporter and I really can''t help it; it''s not my fault - it''s down to emotions and my heart rather than my head. Seriously, who here is actually looking forward to the **** game this time next week? When I was growing up, I''m be buzzing for about a week or two before every derby game and the banter would start flying. The morning of the game I''d be a twitching wreck; excited by the thought of beating them, scared at the thought of the unthinkable.

This time however it''s just pure fear and resignation - already. I''m just scared witless. I can''t see anything other than some pretty but ineffectual football by our boys for the first twenty minutes and then They kick it up a few gears and slice through our collection of headless chickens. Danny Haynes will score and cup his ear towards the Barclay. I can even see the little b@stard now.

Rather than people throwing abuse at me or calling me a binner, can someone please give me some reasons as to look forward to it. All I''ve come up with is the time we went to Portaloo Road as vastly inferior underdogs and Iwan scored two crackers.

Anyone?

Same here, for the first time ever i''m not at all excited about the Derby game, even last season when we were underperforming I would count the days untill we face the scum, but this season however I just look at the Ipswich game as yet another potential downer for our club. For me it just goes to show how bad things have got for this club.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

I think I''ve finally reached a nadir as my time as a Norwich supporter and I really can''t help it; it''s not my fault - it''s down to emotions and my heart rather than my head. Seriously, who here is actually looking forward to the **** game this time next week? When I was growing up, I''m be buzzing for about a week or two before every derby game and the banter would start flying. The morning of the game I''d be a twitching wreck; excited by the thought of beating them, scared at the thought of the unthinkable.

This time however it''s just pure fear and resignation - already. I''m just scared witless. I can''t see anything other than some pretty but ineffectual football by our boys for the first twenty minutes and then They kick it up a few gears and slice through our collection of headless chickens. Danny Haynes will score and cup his ear towards the Barclay. I can even see the little b@stard now.

Rather than people throwing abuse at me or calling me a binner, can someone please give me some reasons as to look forward to it. All I''ve come up with is the time we went to Portaloo Road as vastly inferior underdogs and Iwan scored two crackers.

Anyone?

[/quote]

The first thing to hang on to is the fact that form goes out of the window in local derbies. Secondly, we have real quality in the likes of Clingan, Hoolahan, Lita and Bell.Fair enough, we haven''t played to our capacity nearly often enough this season, but a game against the binners with our backs against the wall is the perfect time.Look at the corresponding game last year, for heaven''s sake!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

The morning of the game I''d be a twitching wreck; excited by the thought of beating them, scared at the thought of the unthinkable.

[/quote]That''s exactly how I''ll feel on Sunday, though along with "scared at" there will be part of me which is "resigned to".