Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Hope we don't get Histon away !

[quote user="Golbio79"]

Here! Here! i agree :-)

True passion and determination. Its gotta be a good feeling when you score and get Man Of The Match against Leeds, something to talk about when he returns to WORK on monday as a Postie.

City take note.................plenty of!!

[/quote]

The correct term for strongly agreeing with what someone else has just said is actually ''hear, hear.''Please take note of this everybody because it''s an error that people make way too often.That and ''your'' instead of ''you''re.''

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Golbio79"]

Here! Here! i agree :-)

True passion and determination. Its gotta be a good feeling when you score and get Man Of The Match against Leeds, something to talk about when he returns to WORK on monday as a Postie.

City take note.................plenty of!!

[/quote]

The correct term for strongly agreeing with what someone else has just said is actually ''hear, hear.''Please take note of this everybody because it''s an error that people make way too often.That and ''your'' instead of ''you''re.'' [/quote]

And ''you''re'' insyead of ''your'' even. [:D] Why is there no editing facility on this message board? [;)]

I just got back, really was a brilliant game and the atmosphere was terrific. Great defending to keep leeds out in the second half and histon totally dominated the first half. 1-0 to the village team!

[quote user="Elliot Osumuzio"]I just got back, really was a brilliant game and the atmosphere was terrific. Great defending to keep leeds out in the second half and histon totally dominated the first half.

1-0 to the village team!
[/quote]

You were their Elliot? What great stuff, bet you never never even noticed the rain, ha ha.

I was in a similar situation years and years ago when Great Yarmouth beat Crystal Palace 1-0 at the Wellesley, fanatastic atmosphere, we had temporary "stands" made from piled up herring boxes and made the headlines in the Daily Herald, The Pinkun headline that day was something like "This was their finest hour".

Thats the most involved I''ve felt in a game all season! True blood and guts Cup football on a quagmire. I think Histon''s development over the last few years from Ridgeons to Conference has been incredible,and good to see Gareth Baldwin finally getting his moment of glory after all his hard work. Fantastic!!!

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[quote user="Elliot Osumuzio"]I just got back, really was a brilliant game and the atmosphere was terrific. Great defending to keep leeds out in the second half and histon totally dominated the first half. 1-0 to the village team![/quote]

You were their Elliot? What great stuff, bet you never never even noticed the rain, ha ha.

I was in a similar situation years and years ago when Great Yarmouth beat Crystal Palace 1-0 at the Wellesley, fanatastic atmosphere, we had temporary "stands" made from piled up herring boxes and made the headlines in the Daily Herald, The Pinkun headline that day was something like "This was their finest hour".

[/quote]Yep it was a brilliant game. Rain? pah! Pitch was absolutely appalling but the football was great. Histon have now beaten 2 league 1 teams on the trot in the cup, and from what I saw today would more than cut it in the professional league.The goal was at the other end but from what I saw it was bundled in somehow by the POSTMAN, let''s not forget most of the players have second jobs. I''ll definitely be at the next round v swansea and I reckon I''d put a bet on Histon to win, they''ve gone about 10 games straight winning. Stevey Fallon - what a manager!

Well done Histon! in round 2 everyone would of been gunning for Leeds and they did it! in a soulless game its good to see the FA cup retains its magic and david can still topple Goliath... go and give swansea a twatting then beat Utd at old Trafford! here''s to heroes :)

jas :)