Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Accept it, we ARE in a relegation scrap!

So i take it you wont be moaning when we DO get relegated NN. I only protest the way i do because current City fans have not got the stomach for a fight, i will not be a hypocite and support a regime i despise, thus i stay away, like lots of others will do in Div 1, once we are there.

[quote user="hogesar"]What i fail to comprehend, is, however, the idea that fan''s that attend games are ''sitting on their hands'' and ''watching Rome burn''. However, fan''s who don''t attend are not? Do you all meet up in some underground car park and plot against Delia?Hmmm.. [8-)][/quote]Yes, I''d love to see someone try to square that one away.  Will people be turning off their Canaries World subscriptions?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="hogesar"]What i fail to comprehend, is, however, the idea that fan''s that attend games are ''sitting on their hands'' and ''watching Rome burn''. However, fan''s who don''t attend are not? Do you all meet up in some underground car park and plot against Delia?Hmmm.. [8-)][/quote]Yes, I''d love to see someone try to square that one away.  Will people be turning off their Canaries World subscriptions?[/quote]Aha [:D]. It''s even more concerning, that so many people regard the best way of helping a football club with limited finances they love succeed, is to limit the finances even further.Also, people boycotting does not suggest anything direct against Delia. If anything, it shows potential buyers that our attendances are falling; which if anything is a bad thing.

Yea and all the mugs piling in CR spending their dollar really puts pressure on Delia and he cronies dont it. There is no gain without pain, thats life, i wish people would see it before its too late, i cant think of any other club, who would stand for the crxp we are putting up with without so much as a whimper, lets start by getting Roeder out, thats realistic.

NowWiz my sweetest darling ever, If I accept we are in a relegation fight, can you tell me what this has to do with the price of bacon?....[:P]....arrdee.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

This could go on and on, lets just agree to disagree but one last thing Nutty are you a season ticket,member or just casual fan?

[/quote]

What difference does that make? Is that another way to divide fans and prove one opinion more valid than another. For whatever it could be worth I have been a supporter since my first game in 1967. I am a season ticket holder in the Lower Barclay Block E Row W Seat? 128. I am a regular away fan but have had to miss 4 away games this season through work commitments (and will miss again on Saturday) and I am a very minor shareholder with 25 shares that were my Dads. What about you?

[/quote]

Nutty,Sorry for the delay in reply but here goes, the reason i asked the above question is not because i''m trying to out do you or be a smart arse it''s because as season ticket holders we see week in week out how this club is going down hill on the pitch and how this once great footballing side now is a hoof the ball to the bald man and hope he doesn''t fall on his arse again type of team,and how you can not feel angry is beyond me because i feel SO SO bloody mad about the crap that is NCFC,we both want the same for the club and i respect your opinion as i do everyones on this forum, perhaps you can just deal with the problem better than i can.

Being the optimist I am every season I think we will gain promotion or stay up!

Similarly always think we will win our home games - and we can either scrap a win/draw away!

How naive - and unrealistic.

Laterly even against forest I convinces myself we would lose. Shock we go and win!

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

Being the optimist I am every season I think we will gain promotion or stay up!

Similarly always think we will win our home games - and we can either scrap a win/draw away!

How naive - and unrealistic.

Laterly even against forest I convinces myself we would lose. Shock we go and win!

[/quote]

This is very simply explained.  It is known as the "Colchester experience" except that you were smart enough to get out more.

[quote user="ricky knight"]So i take it you wont be moaning when we DO get relegated NN. I only protest the way i do because current City fans have not got the stomach for a fight, i will not be a hypocite and support a regime i despise, thus i stay away, like lots of others will do in Div 1, once we are there.[/quote]

Thank for saying how I feel Ricky.

The comedians on here will no doubt still try to be funny with their replies on here when we''re in League 2, yes, thats how bad I think our squad and manager really are!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]So i take it you wont be moaning when we DO get relegated NN. I only protest the way i do because current City fans have not got the stomach for a fight, i will not be a hypocite and support a regime i despise, thus i stay away, like lots of others will do in Div 1, once we are there.[/quote]

The comedians on here will no doubt still try to be funny with their replies on here when we''re in League 2, yes, thats how bad I think our squad and manager really are!

[/quote]

Whilst I can understand why you two feel the way I do what I don''t understand is why you continually feel the need to pick fights with other fans and continually expect those other fans to do something neither of you have the bottle to do yourselves.

Some of us want to carry on going to games, supporting the team  and club even though the poor performances hurt us as much as they do you.

I haven''t seen one fan post egging you on to return to games so maybe you could show those who want to carry on going that same respect.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Whilst I can understand why you two feel the way I do what I don''t understand is why you continually feel the need to pick fights with other fans and continually expect those other fans to do something neither of you have the bottle to do yourselves.

Some of us want to carry on going to games, supporting the team  and club even though the poor performances hurt us as much as they do you.

I haven''t seen one fan post egging you on to return to games so maybe you could show those who want to carry on going that same respect.

[/quote]

Because they pick fights and score points off me first Nutty, come on, you know damn well they do, and I don''t back down from these people.

However, your other points are valid.

Some people on here suggest that fans who do not go to games as much as they could are limiting the finances of the club even further - well maybe those such fans who do not go to all games have another life outside of the football club and maybe cannot afford to keep throwing pounds after pounds away on watching such dross.  My argument for a long time is that we only get large crowds cos there is no other team in a catchment area that fans can go and watch - yes our crowds are bigger than most of the others in this division but most of the others have three or four games that fans can maybe go and watch for a saturday afternoon out - this club has had it good in the past and maybe certain fans have woken up to the fact that their money could be best spent elsewhere - i went on Tuesday was absolutely freezin and had to watch yet another game where on home soil we were playing a team that was beatable and yet once again we lost - four home games i have been to and four home games we have lost (2 against ten men) - i am sorry but with a family to look after and outgoings that i have to find each month supporting the finances of Norwich City is the least of my worries - would they support my finances if i got made redundant.   

What makes me smile is that its the fans on here who don''t regularly go to games who''re suggesting that we boycott games [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

What makes me smile is that its the fans on here who don''t regularly go to games who''re suggesting that we boycott games [:)]

[/quote]

Oh aren''t you the bigger and better fan than us CA?

Frankly, your superior stand point sickens me, try asking yourself just why they/we don''t go these days! [:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Frankly, your superior stand point sickens me, try asking yourself just why they/we don''t go these days! [:|]

[/quote]Her point is perfectly valid though. Face it, it''s easy for someone who doesn''t attend many games to boycott them, isn''t it?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Her point is perfectly valid though. Face it, it''s easy for someone who doesn''t attend many games to boycott them, isn''t it?
[/quote]

But its not as easy as that is it Hogesar? I have ignored City crimbo pressies requests from my family for over £100, due to this regime, CA in her bloody smugness forgets this!

My family will get different presents now, The City shop will lose my custom!

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]Its not over to the fat lady sings (Hopefully HArtson doesn''t sing)[/quote]

I''m going to wake up tomorrow morning having had a nightmare, in which Smith staggers like a drunk into the centre circle at half time against ITFC (3-0 down), and slurs into song..... ''Itssss ovverr noww!!!''

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Her point is perfectly valid though. Face it, it''s easy for someone who doesn''t attend many games to boycott them, isn''t it?[/quote]

But its not as easy as that is it Hogesar? I have ignored City crimbo pressies requests from my family for over £100, due to this regime, CA in her bloody smugness forgets this!

My family will get different presents now, The City shop will lose my custom!

[/quote]Well yeah, in that respect you''re right, you are affecting (if minimally) the club''s income. All i was trying to say was CA wasn''t trying to take a superior stand [:)]

Wiz - sometimes I think you should engage brain before typing. CA is making a perfectly valid point. If she wants to go to the games why should you, or anyone else for that matter tell her what to do? If she chooses to stay away, then fine, but it will be her decision and nothing to do with you.

Can you also enlighten me where she is being smug in her reply to you? I simply can''t see anything there that suggests smugness. Frustration maybe.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I''ve been boycotting games for two seasons...but you make a fair point. I''ve seen endless apologistic posts from folk who haven''t a bloody clue about what it''s like "on the ground" for a City fan with things so dire.

Spare a thought for those die-hard supporters who travel miles to away games in all sorts of weather...spending wads of hard earned cash only to be dished up with slops. I did it when I was younger and was rewarded with such names as Peters...Keelan...Reeves...Boyer blahdeblah on the pitch. What do these guys get today?

So as far as those "season ticket" holding Yanks and Aussies (yeah my arse)...radio/internet "fans" in London and beyond...Colchester fans who need to get a life...you can swivel on this (cue suitable hand gesture) because you aint got a clue about the all too real dedication and disappointment experienced by those proper supporters.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Wiz - sometimes I think you should engage brain before typing. CA is making a perfectly valid point. If she wants to go to the games why should you, or anyone else for that matter tell her what to do? If she chooses to stay away, then fine, but it will be her decision and nothing to do with you. Can you also enlighten me where she is being smug in her reply to you? I simply can''t see anything there that suggests smugness. Frustration maybe.[/quote]

I truely felt at the time Gazza, that CA''s reply was a tad holier than thou, if I''ve called that wrong, then of course I apologise to her.[W]