Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Accept it, we ARE in a relegation scrap!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I get the impression sometimes that you''re only supposed to post in here if you have a season ticket and 8 away ticket stubs sitting next to your computer.  This is an internet message board, isn''t it ?

[/quote]

I think those ticket stubs aren''t neccessary if you can get Neil Adams to agree with you on Canary Call.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So now it seems that the fans are to blame. Now the disappointment in performance is "some fans" fault[:O]

So come on 1st Wizard, PhatCanary, blinded by the story & John Bono - what puts you apart from these "some fans" [:^)] What are you doing that''s so different from those you are so bitter towards[:^)]

[/quote]

I do not believe it is the fans fault. However you have to agree that when we win there are fans who then choose not to see the underlying problem that is still there and these are the fans who will choose to see the promotion push after relegation as a good thing.

I believe that the time has come, and indeed came weeks ago, for a need for a change of direction from the Board. If they cannot provide it and I think amongst all their ramblings they have said that they cannot, then they should revisit thier financial desires from the sale of the club and hope that Harris can find a buyer.

I so want us to beat Ipswich but when we do there again will be an underlying tone from some fans that everything is rosey again. I am not bitter towards any fan only the state of the club.

When will some fans get their head out of the sand?

Wiz - I am afraid that I have to agree with you - we are where we are because we are an awful side who cannot string two wins together to gain any sort of confidence - we won against Forest who in my opinion were a poor team themselves especially at home and we got an own goal - yes we had ten men but so did Derby and QPR when they beat us so that does not wash with me - as I have said in a previous post i cannot attend all games for personal reasons but have been to the ones against Swansea Derby QPR and palace and we have lost the lot - i like to pay for quality and am fast losing the enthusiasm to attend to watch this dross on cold nights and days - yes you will get the die hards who say i am not a supporter but if i buy a tele from currys and the picture is crap i take it back if i go to a restaurant and the meal is crap i wont go again so why continuously shell out money to watch crap.  The club has always sold the fans short and i cannot see this ending in the near future - the crunch will come against Ipswich next Sunday when they turn us over (and believe me they will) that is when I feel the heat on the club will be turned up.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Stay away and withdraw all your financial support CA.[/quote]

At last! An answer from the old fool....

Wiz, you have no idea.

[/quote]

Unlike a mug like you who no doubt keeps spending on a joke regime!.

[/quote]It''s mugs like us who have probably prevented our club going into administration you silly fool, enlighten me Wiz, and please answer this with a sensible answer, if we stopped buying merchandise and spending money at the stadium, and started to boycott matches or whatever, how exactly would that help us? I mean, when a potential investor starts to show interest in Norwich City, he or she would want to look at the books and see our expenditure compared to our income, well considering that every club in this league operates at a huge loss already, they will then see that our fans do not buy any merchandise and that there is a massive hole in the income where merchandise is involved, doesn''t make us very buyable really does it. But lets look on the other hand, Norwich continue to have gates of over 24 thousand a week, still have fantastic support up and down the country, our fans generate the club a lot of money compared to other clubs, we will be a much better prospect for an investor then what we would be if we followed your "genius" idea!Delia is trying to sell her shares, she has made that public, she has even employed someone to find an investor, now, as fans, all we can do is sit tight and wait for someone with a bit of money to take us over.

[quote user="blinded by the story"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So now it seems that the fans are to blame. Now the disappointment in performance is "some fans" fault[:O]

So come on 1st Wizard, PhatCanary, blinded by the story & John Bono - what puts you apart from these "some fans" [:^)] What are you doing that''s so different from those you are so bitter towards[:^)]

[/quote]

I do not believe it is the fans fault. However you have to agree that when we win there are fans who then choose not to see the underlying problem that is still there and these are the fans who will choose to see the promotion push after relegation as a good thing.

I believe that the time has come, and indeed came weeks ago, for a need for a change of direction from the Board. If they cannot provide it and I think amongst all their ramblings they have said that they cannot, then they should revisit thier financial desires from the sale of the club and hope that Harris can find a buyer.

I so want us to beat Ipswich but when we do there again will be an underlying tone from some fans that everything is rosey again. I am not bitter towards any fan only the state of the club.

[/quote]

Well my head isn''t in the sand so it can''t be that that sets us apart. So what are you doing that''s so different to those you say have their heads in the sand?

We are in a relegation scrap indeed. But I don''t think we''ll go down. There''s three teams worse than us. Donny, Forest and Southampton. That''s not including Watford and Charlton etc.

[quote user="Bomber"]Wiz - I am afraid that I have to agree with you - we are where we are because we are an awful side who cannot string two wins together to gain any sort of confidence - - the crunch will come against Ipswich next Sunday when they turn us over (and believe me they will) that is when I feel the heat on the club will be turned up.[/quote]

Err, no and yes. We are not an awful side - by no means the bottom 6 of this division  - and definitely better than the Grant side (notwithstanding the absence of Lappin in any role at all) - (Binky - we will not warn you again about mentioning that player''s name! The Moderators). But  - and this is the point - we are no better as a team. Managers must manage and that includes motivating. To have cleared the decks as GR has, installed his key personnel and brought in some excellent signings; yet still failed to achieve better results - must count as failure I''m afraid. Too many I fear do not want to die for the cause. Oh they will run, and run hard; but that doesn''t mean they are giving more than 98%.

Something is wrong. For example, Drury is playing well IMO but because he is part of the "old club" he sadly seems to have been relegated to a low key part. Someone needs to take the manager to one side and make some suggestions for improvement in basic man-management and approach. That is surely the Board''s job.

[quote user="ellis206"]
Delia is trying to sell her shares, she has made that public, she has even employed someone t an investor, now, as fans, all we can do is sit tight and wait for someone with a bit of money to take us over.
[/quote]

Like all on here who clutch at straws ellis, you seem to buy the line that the old sacred cow is selling her shares.......wrong! She''s trying, and employing, someone to seek investment in the club.

That is not selling up![:|]

IMO   if we do go down and the chance of that is very good, fans sitting on their hands watching rome burn must share the guilt. Fans should be shouting from the roof tops letting this pathetic board and useless manager know we demand better, make no mistake if our form stays the same over the season  our chance of going down will be very high, can you all see a good run coming up, we aint go it in us, i expect the usual binner replies, truth always hurt but there you go. 

[quote user="ricky knight"]

IMO   if we do go down and the chance of that is very good, fans sitting on their hands watching rome burn must share the guilt. Fans should be shouting from the roof tops letting this pathetic board and useless manager know we demand better, make no mistake if our form stays the same over the season  our chance of going down will be very high, can you all see a good run coming up, we aint go it in us, i expect the usual binner replies, truth always hurt but there you go. 

[/quote]Err, no they shouldn''t and I haven''t heard anything to ridiculous in my life. It was the board who sold Ashton, who sold Earshaw who sold all the players who have kept this club going. They held back the funds. The fans have shown their disapproval of these decisions many times and unfortunately they are not ours to make, the "guilt" is solely with the majority shareholders and the persons they decided they want to run the club. The fans have not made the continually wrong decisions, the wrong appointments and the butchering of our first team 11. The fans showed their disapproval during our "performance" against Swansea and although I wasn''t there last night I bet they did again. There is nothing more the fans can do, they cannot force delia to sack certain members of staff, they can''t force Delia to sell (i.e. look at Newcastle). It''s the easy answer to blame the fans because you yourself (and the others who spout this rubbish) cannot come to terms with the fact that protesting and boo-ing has an upper-bound in it''s effectiveness. It will never make Delia sell more than she would now, and sure as hell has not worked at other clubs. If we keep our form going and we get relegated (which is a likely outcome) then there is nobody else to blame than the board, the majority shareholders and the manager. And in my opinion that''s where we''re headed.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Ricky, you will get no binner reply from me but if there are only some fans sitting on their hands wattching Rome burn [:S] What are the rest of the fans doing?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Ricky, you will get no binner reply from me but if there are only some fans sitting on their hands wattching Rome burn [:S] What are the rest of the fans doing?

[/quote]Watching from afar Nutty...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Okay, not bottom three yet granted, but the wrong results on Saturday and were as good as!

http://new.pinkun.com/content/NCFC/Stats/2008-2009/table.aspx

We play Watford & Charlton in December, and if we lose them, as I fear we will, then you may as well cancel Christmas as far as I''''m concerned.

I''ve always believed, that this damn Smith led board would ruin our club long term, and now that its happening, it hurts to be proved right.

We''re going down big time, with a crap manager at the helm..................accept it![:|]

[/quote]We''re not in a relegation scrap, well Roeder sees things different to all us, remember we''re the fans who don''t live in the real world,

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="blinded by the story"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well my head isn''t in the sand so it can''t be that that sets us apart. So what are you doing that''s so different to those you say have their heads in the sand?

[/quote]

I didn''t ever say that you have your head in the sand.

I gave up my season ticket last year because I was frustrated at watching games at a club that imo is happy to bimble on in mediocrity and fed up with being told I am negitive when I am a realist.

This regieme does not deserve my cash and I have exercised my right to vote with my feet.

I still love the club but at the moment its like seeing an old pet deteriate towards death.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Err, no they shouldn''t and I haven''t heard anything to ridiculous in my life. It was the board who sold Ashton, who sold Earshaw who sold all the players who have kept this club going. They held back the funds. The fans have shown their disapproval of these decisions many times and unfortunately they are not ours to make, the "guilt" is solely with the majority shareholders and the persons they decided they want to run the club. The fans have not made the continually wrong decisions, the wrong appointments and the butchering of our first team 11. The fans showed their disapproval during our "performance" against Swansea and although I wasn''t there last night I bet they did again. There is nothing more the fans can do, they cannot force delia to sack certain members of staff, they can''t force Delia to sell (i.e. look at Newcastle). It''s the easy answer to blame the fans because you yourself (and the others who spout this rubbish) cannot come to terms with the fact that protesting and boo-ing has an upper-bound in it''s effectiveness. It will never make Delia sell more than she would now, and sure as hell has not worked at other clubs.

If we keep our form going and we get relegated (which is a likely outcome) then there is nobody else to blame than the board, the majority shareholders and the manager. And in my opinion that''s where we''re headed.
[/quote]

shown their disapproval, how exactly, i have seen no Delia out demos, no boycott of games, no delia out banners flooding the ground, people backing this idiot manager, who has got every team he managed relegated, yea we are really showing our disgust are''nt we.

I believe that there will always those few fans (a handfull)  who just sit there whatever, and would let relegation just wash past them, and give the ''oh well there is always next season'' if that.

When it comes to the relegation fight we have be prepared for it. It looks on the cards. Can we stomach it? The thing is us fans, the supporters of this club, deserve so much more. It is us supporters who through this period of Prudence with Ambition and all that other spin who have had to suffer. Watch the steady decline in the standard of football we watch. Watch on as the ability to win games has withered away. As the quality players have become fewer and fewer and consistencey has gone out of the window. And have come to a place where half the squad of the team we support are not even our players, and amongst them are ''players'' who on evidence of watching them don''t care less about our club. That hurts. 

Now I fear our board are now about to reap what they have sown. They are going to reap the wirlwind. That wirl wind is Glenn Roeder. I believe in all the (whirlwind) changes he has made, especially during last summer as he attacked team and backroom staff, he has ripped the heart and soul out of the club. There has been too much change in too short a time. Some just for the sake of it. Some to spite his face I believe such as Huckerby and Lappin. 

Roeder lost us the game tue night with his team selection as he has done in other games. We all ask why Sib instead of Hoolahan. Thissquad if handled correctly are capable of finishing much higher, playing much better, but I believe Roeder is out of his depth at this club. He is not very clever tactically.  He is being found out. And he is a bigger liability and problem for this club than even the board are.

What i fail to comprehend, is, however, the idea that fan''s that attend games are ''sitting on their hands'' and ''watching Rome burn''. However, fan''s who don''t attend are not? Do you all meet up in some underground car park and plot against Delia?Hmmm.. [8-)]

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]Err, no they shouldn''t and I haven''t heard anything to ridiculous in my life. It was the board who sold Ashton, who sold Earshaw who sold all the players who have kept this club going. They held back the funds. The fans have shown their disapproval of these decisions many times and unfortunately they are not ours to make, the "guilt" is solely with the majority shareholders and the persons they decided they want to run the club. The fans have not made the continually wrong decisions, the wrong appointments and the butchering of our first team 11. The fans showed their disapproval during our "performance" against Swansea and although I wasn''t there last night I bet they did again. There is nothing more the fans can do, they cannot force delia to sack certain members of staff, they can''t force Delia to sell (i.e. look at Newcastle). It''s the easy answer to blame the fans because you yourself (and the others who spout this rubbish) cannot come to terms with the fact that protesting and boo-ing has an upper-bound in it''s effectiveness. It will never make Delia sell more than she would now, and sure as hell has not worked at other clubs. If we keep our form going and we get relegated (which is a likely outcome) then there is nobody else to blame than the board, the majority shareholders and the manager. And in my opinion that''s where we''re headed.[/quote]

shown their disapproval, how exactly, i have seen no Delia out demos, no boycott of games, no delia out banners flooding the ground, people backing this idiot manager, who has got every team he managed relegated, yea we are really showing our disgust are''nt we.

[/quote]Boo-ing, the intollerable atmosphere, the lack of any delia chants etc. The trouble is "Delia out" demo''s do not work. Boycotting games does not work, the banners do not work. Newcastle if anything are further from a buyer due to their fans actions. The fans protesting will not encourage Cullum anymore to come riding in, he''s waiting till the sh*t hits the fan, he couldn''t care less how many smudgers are outside the city stand moaning. It seems like posters on here genuinely believe that after 2 protests Delia will throw up her arms and shout "I''m out" and sell her shares for 2p and run away. That''s not going to be happen, and I question both the sanity and common sense of people who believe that. Sitting at home and moaning to yourself and other moaners isn''t going to get action done in your comrades eyes but yet you all still exclusively partake in that. If you truely believe the only way to get Delia to sell is by protest, then do it and stop blaming everyone else for disagree-ing with you...

I personally do, what i ask others to do, stay away till Queen Delia and her cronies have gone, limited protest i know but others will follow, believe me because Roeder will take us down, the guy is useless just like our board who appointed him.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I personally do, what i ask others to do, stay away till Queen Delia and her cronies have gone, limited protest i know but others will follow, believe me because Roeder will take us down, the guy is useless just like our board who appointed him.[/quote]I agree but I don''t think staying away helps anybody and neither could I suffer the cost of not going could I actually go.

Fans should be shouting from the roof tops letting this pathetic board and useless manager know we demand better [:O]

how exactly, i have seen no Delia out demos, no boycott of games, no delia out banners flooding the ground [:O]

I personally do, what i ask others to do, stay away till Queen Delia and her cronies have gone, limited protest i know but others will follow[:O]

Would the real Ricky Knight please stand up [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Fans should be shouting from the roof tops letting this pathetic board and useless manager know we demand better [:O]

how exactly, i have seen no Delia out demos, no boycott of games, no delia out banners flooding the ground [:O]

I personally do, what i ask others to do, stay away till Queen Delia and her cronies have gone, limited protest i know but others will follow[:O]

[/quote]

We don''t all react the same Nigel, Ricky Knight protests by not going and good luck to him if thats the way he feels.

I think most people however are like me. We want change but are not quite sure how to get it or are too lazy to actively do anything about it.

Sadly I have to include myself in the latter group. I would like to see change but after 55 years of regular attendance I don''t think I could bring myself to stay away.

I console myself with the thought that I have seen all this before (several times over in fact) and if some of you think the present team are poor, please believe me when I tell you I have witnessed a whole lot worse.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

We don''t all react the same Nigel, Ricky Knight protests by not going and good luck to him if thats the way he feels.

I think most people however are like me. We want change but are not quite sure how to get it or are too lazy to actively do anything about it.

Sadly I have to include myself in the latter group. I would like to see change but after 55 years of regular attendance I don''t think I could bring myself to stay away.

I console myself with the thought that I have seen all this before (several times over in fact) and if some of you think the present team are poor, please believe me when I tell you I have witnessed a whole lot worse.

[/quote]

You miss the point Rickyyyyyy

All those quotes were from Ricky Knight on this very thread. Now you stay away I won''t be asking you to go will I?

There are posters on this board who seem intent on dividing the fans. And there are even more posters on this board making suggestions that fans do things they are not prepared to do themselves.

I promise not to try and persuade you not to go to games if you promise not to try and persuade me to stay away.

Deal[:^)]

The last thing the club needs is Delia leaving the board totally. Even Cullum wanted her to stay on. Like it or not she is one of our biggest assets. Without her you can cut the income from catering, hospitality, cookery courses etc by 75%. How many people do you think would us Delias restaurant if it was called Cullums?

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Some fans will only see it when relegation hits them between their eyes, i hate to be negative but this club has turned into a complete joke and some fans just drive me mad with their lack of understanding that we are in real trouble on and off the field.It kills me to sit at every home game and watch us get over powered and out played nearly every time,so many mistakes over the past years have finally caught up with us and this season is just shocking!![/quote]

Couldn''t agree more!

Worthington one year too long!

Grant - not up to it disaster!

Roeder - See Grant above!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

We don''t have our heads in the sand for starters, nor are we blinded by the Smith myth! [:|]

[/quote]

What postive steps do you think that you and us should take to change things then?

[/quote]Stay away and withdraw all your financial support CA.[/quote]So your positive steps are...Don''t go to gamesDon''t spend any moneyI''m glad CA didn''t ask you to suggest any negative steps.