Sign in to follow this  
steve b

Sam Allardyce For Manager

He would be a great choice for Norwich City, done a fantastic job for Bolton with limited funds, not so great at Newcastle with money to spend but lets face it he''ll never get big money to spend here, come on Delia if we have no money you''ll have to pay Roeder off yourself and get Allardyce in.

Is Roeder''s contract to June 2010? If so I can''t see him going before then unless we are relegated and even then only if there is a change of ownership.

it''s just my opinion mate, i think they will put pressure on him to resign, i just sent email to doncaster saying how having roeder here next season will effect season ticket sales big time, i already believe his position is untennable now let alone if we lose next sunday, i''m convinced the board are not completely stupid and are looking at their options right now!

[quote user="steve o"]i just sent email to doncaster saying how having roeder here next season will effect season ticket sales big time,![/quote]that is a very good point. If the board see the precious season ticket holders losing the faith with Roeder in charge then surely they''ll want rid?

I don''t think ''Big Sam'' would get on very well with our current Directionless incumbents.......Like Cloughie would have been to the FA if he''d been appointed England Manager.....

[quote user="steve o"]He would be a great choice for Norwich City, done a fantastic job for Bolton with limited funds, not so great at Newcastle with money to spend but lets face it he''ll never get big money to spend here, come on Delia if we have no money you''ll have to pay Roeder off yourself and get Allardyce in.[/quote]He may have had limited transfer budget at Bolton but their wage bill must of been comparable with every other team in the top flight, which he ertainly wouldn''t have the funds to do at Carrow Road.Sam also put together a backroom team larger than any englsh club has ever had. I belive it was the fact he wasn''t allowed to replicate this coaching structure at Newcastle that was the main reason for his failure. Not a bad manager, per say, but needs his Generals, which again he wouldn''t have the funds t do here.Complete non starter anyway as I don''t believe he''d accept a job otside the premiership

[quote user="steve o"]it''s just my opinion mate, i think they will put pressure on him to resign, i just sent email to doncaster saying how having roeder here next season will effect season ticket sales big time, i already believe his position is untennable now let alone if we lose next sunday, i''m convinced the board are not completely stupid and are looking at their options right now![/quote]

Good job you did because I am sure that they would not have considered this at all.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[quote user="steve o"]it''s just my opinion mate, i think they will put pressure on him to resign, i just sent email to doncaster saying how having roeder here next season will effect season ticket sales big time, i already believe his position is untennable now let alone if we lose next sunday, i''m convinced the board are not completely stupid and are looking at their options right now![/quote]

Good job you did because I am sure that they would not have considered this at all.

[/quote]my god your funny, i wasn''t going to post back but you made me laugh so much lets be friends!

What about Alf Ramsey? Won the old first division title, quality player in his day and a world cup; heard reports that he is a strict disciplinarian and does not have favourites and the 4-3-3 system might help with the current players that we have.....

But that''s a non-starter because he used to manage the scum, oh and he''s dead.

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[/quote]my god your funny, i wasn''t going to post back but you made me laugh so much lets be friends![/quote]

Oh really? Made you laugh did I? That''s all well and good then. You have a little chuckle.

But seriously though, why send him an Email stating the blindingly obvious? What''s the point? And should you not have sent it to the Members of the Board pulling the purse strings? Doncaster''s the Monkey not the Organ Grinder(s).

[quote user="National express super guard "]I''m with wiz with the fact that tilson is our man, brilliant manager with less money than Norwich!!! and his teams play football[/quote]The same Tilson who has his team yo-yoing between Championship and League One?  That''s not really where we want to be, is it?

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="National express super guard "]I''m with wiz with the fact that tilson is our man, brilliant manager with less money than Norwich!!! and his teams play football[/quote]The same Tilson who has his team yo-yoing between Championship and League One?  That''s not really where we want to be, is it?[/quote]I''m with you Chops I advocated Tilson at the time we appointed Grant but his record since does not suggest he is what we need. Ideal candidate for me if possible would be Simon Grayson.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="National express super guard "]I''m with wiz with the fact that tilson is our man, brilliant manager with less money than Norwich!!! and his teams play football
[/quote]

The same Tilson who has his team yo-yoing between Championship and League One?  That''s not really where we want to be, is it?

[/quote]
I''m with you Chops I advocated Tilson at the time we appointed Grant but his record since does not suggest he is what we need. Ideal candidate for me if possible would be Simon Grayson.
[/quote]

As I have said so many times now, I will always re-new ST this is my club not the board or manager,they come and go, but that don''t mean I''m happy as I will protest as much and as loud as anyone, as far as Im concerned  my ST is more valuable than shares in the club as it gets renewed Shares don''t they are a one off purchase. 

[quote user="king canary"]I am abotu 10,000 times more likely to renew my season ticket with Roeder in charge than with Allerdyce.[/quote]I''m more likely to iron my own penis than renew my season ticket if Roeder stays in charge.

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="king canary"]I am abotu 10,000 times more likely to renew my season ticket with Roeder in charge than with Allerdyce.
[/quote]

I''m more likely to iron my own penis than renew my season ticket if Roeder stays in charge.

[/quote]

Ha ha ha. I love it!