Sign in to follow this  
Bernard  Futter

SHOULDN'T WHAT WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR WALKER, ALSO BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR ROEDER?

It was thought at the time, that one of the key reasons the Smiths brought Mike Walker''s second managerial spell at the Club to an end was due to the on the pitch indicipline of the players.And the reason, despite four sackings from his previous five managerial appointments, why Sgt Major Rioch was brought in with his startched white cuffs and military bearing to provide some long overdue correction.It occurs to me with sending off number four at the weekend and the third in just one month (surely much worse than MW''s record), by applying the same criteria, it is surely time for the Smiths to intervene once more?As a replacement my money is firmly on Craig Revell-Horwood to keep the troops in line.

[quote user="Bernard Futter"]It was thought at the time, that one of the key reasons the Smiths brought Mike Walker''s second managerial spell at the Club to an end was due to the on the pitch indicipline of the players.
And the reason, despite four sackings from his previous five managerial appointments, why Sgt Major Rioch was brought in with his startched white cuffs and military bearing to provide some long overdue correction.
It occurs to me with sending off number four at the weekend and the third in just one month (surely much worse than MW''s record), by applying the same criteria, it is surely time for the Smiths to intervene once more?
As a replacement my money is firmly on Craig Revell-Horwood to keep the troops in line.
[/quote]

He would probably stiffen up the back four [:|]

It''s a fair point Bernard. how many penalties have we given away this season ?  How many games have we had brain fade and conceded a couple of quick goals ?  Looking at the table, we could be in the middle of it with 10 or even 5 fewer goals conceded.  I guess that if there are no consequences for not switching off, you worry less about doing so ?  The team picks itself at the moment as we''re down to 16 pros.

You are correct BBB, this does have a serious dimension in lost points and despite referees stricter interpretation of the laws these days, four sendings off before the turn of the year is pretty disgraceful. By comparison, MW in his day also had to cope with the abrasive Bellamy in the ranks!

[quote user="National express super guard "]is that the twonk from strictly come duncing? suppose Dean Ashton would come back pretty sharpish (alledgedly)[/quote]He is married to a girl now? allegedly..... and his ''boyfriend'' copped off with that kicking, squeeling gucci little piggy from the hills. So think that puts that rumour well and truly to bed!