Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Open letter to Mr G Roeder

Dear Mr Roeder,Since your arrival at this football club you have succeeded in banging in all but the last few nails into the coffin of the football club that is such an important part of my heritage, my life, and the life of thousands of other Norwich City Fans. Whilst doing so you have shown absolute disregard to the opinions, feelings and beliefs of those fans. The fans that will be the lifeblood of this club if, or possibly when, this club gets relegated and files for administration. The fans that have followed this club through thick and thin.I have been particularly upset with your attitude towards the fans, and players, of Norwich City Football Club. Your obnoxious and arrogant attitude is not welcome at this club and will not, has not, been tolerated. Your treatment of Darren Huckerby, a true hero of so many fans, disgusted even the thickest skinned and coldest of Norwich fans. I will never forgive that. Upon leaving Norwich City Football, if you choose not to resign, you would have taken a large proportion of the FANS money in return for helping to destruct their football club. I ask that you resign with immediately effect, to enable the board of directors to appoint an alternative manager. A manager that the fans can relate to, a manager that cares about other people and the football club, and hopefully as a result a manager that can save us from relegation to league one and begin to lay the foundations for a sustainable long term future and the ability to invest money into permanent signings with potential resale value - a capital and asset growth that will ensure the future of this football club.At this moment in time, with the situation that this football club is in, I would personally be content for this club to be an average Championship team for four or five years, as long as we as fans can identify with the players and staff of the football club and we can begin to build a community focused and enjoyable football experience again. As of today, 29th November 2008, we are 21st in the league with about 14 permanently contracted pro players. Regrettably, it appears that you have failed to lay the foundations for a promising future and have instead taken actions that seriously compromise the ability of this club to compete on any level. I call therefore for you to resign from your position of manager of Norwich City FC, with no compensation payment, and look forward in anticipation to press coverage reporting this accordingly.Yours Sincerely,

SuperWesIrishWizard (pink un forum member and life time Norwich fan)

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]Dear Mr Roeder,

Since your arrival at this football club you have succeeded in banging in all but the last few nails into the coffin of the football club that is such an important part of my heritage, my life, and the life of thousands of other Norwich City Fans. Whilst doing so you have shown absolute disregard to the opinions, feelings and beliefs of those fans. The fans that will be the lifeblood of this club if, or possibly when, this club gets relegated and files for administration. The fans that have followed this club through thick and thin.

I have been particularly upset with your attitude towards the fans, and players, of Norwich City Football Club. Your obnoxious and arrogant attitude is not welcome at this club and will not, has not, been tolerated. Your treatment of Darren Huckerby, a true hero of so many fans, disgusted even the thickest skinned and coldest of Norwich fans. I will never forgive that.

Upon leaving Norwich City Football, if you choose not to resign, you would have taken a large proportion of the FANS money in return for helping to destruct their football club. I ask that you resign with immediately effect, to enable the board of directors to appoint an alternative manager. A manager that the fans can relate to, a manager that cares about other people and the football club, and hopefully as a result a manager that can save us from relegation to league one and begin to lay the foundations for a sustainable long term future and the ability to invest money into permanent signings with potential resale value - a capital and asset growth that will ensure the future of this football club.

At this moment in time, with the situation that this football club is in, I would personally be content for this club to be an average Championship team for four or five years, as long as we as fans can identify with the players and staff of the football club and we can begin to build a community focused and enjoyable football experience again. As of today, 29th November 2008, we are 21st in the league with about 14 permanently contracted pro players. Regrettably, it appears that you have failed to lay the foundations for a promising future and have instead taken actions that seriously compromise the ability of this club to compete on any level.

I call therefore for you to resign from your position of manager of Norwich City FC, with no compensation payment, and look forward in anticipation to press coverage reporting this accordingly.

Yours Sincerely,

[/quote]Good post, Roeder is destroying this club, he needs to be removed now!

I just don''t buy into the "we don''t have enough money" thing, they will find the money to get rid of him, Delia has the money, if she wants to get rid of the club she''ll have a better chance of selling it in the championship than she will if it''s a league 1 club, he will be removed, the club will not sell the season tickets under this clown 

Are you actually sending this letter, I hope you do. However, I feel if you do he will bin it a lot quicker than the time he takes to unfold his arms on a matchday ...

[quote user="steve o"]I just don''t buy into the "we don''t have enough money" thing, they will find the money to get rid of him, Delia has the money, if she wants to get rid of the club she''ll have a better chance of selling it in the championship than she will if it''s a league 1 club, he will be removed, the club will not sell the season tickets under this clown [/quote]

Find the money from where?  We don''t even have enough to pay Lita''s wages for gods sake lol.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Are you actually sending this letter, I hope you do. However, I feel if you do he will bin it a lot quicker than the time he takes to unfold his arms on a matchday ...[/quote]

Agreed, although it''s a great letter from the heart and written with passion about our beloved club it won''t make an ounce of difference to that arrogant man IMHO.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="steve o"]I just don''t buy into the "we don''t have enough money" thing, they will find the money to get rid of him, Delia has the money, if she wants to get rid of the club she''ll have a better chance of selling it in the championship than she will if it''s a league 1 club, he will be removed, the club will not sell the season tickets under this clown [/quote]

Find the money from where?  We don''t even have enough to pay Lita''s wages for gods sake lol.

[/quote]DELIA has the money to pay him off, lol all you like but he needs to be removed and she has the funds to do it!

Excellent letter - email it to the pinkun & EDP - it says what we all are thinking. This board of us has so much to answer for in bringing the club to its knees via Grant & Roeder; what a bunch of losers!!!

Since your arrival at this football club you have succeeded in banging in all but the last few nails into the coffin of the football club that is such an important part of my heritage, my life, and the life of thousands of other Norwich City Fans. Whilst doing so you have shown absolute disregard to the opinions, feelings and beliefs of those fans. The fans that will be the lifeblood of this club if, or possibly when, this club gets relegated and files for administration. The fans that have followed this club through thick and thin.

I have been particularly upset with your attitude towards the fans, and players, of Norwich City Football Club. Your obnoxious and arrogant attitude is not welcome at this club and will not, has not, been tolerated. Your treatment of Darren Huckerby, a true hero of so many fans, disgusted even the thickest skinned and coldest of Norwich fans. I will never forgive that.

Upon leaving Norwich City Football, if you choose not to resign, you would have taken a large proportion of the FANS money in return for helping to destruct their football club. I ask that you resign with immediately effect, to enable the board of directors to appoint an alternative manager. A manager that the fans can relate to, a manager that cares about other people and the football club, and hopefully as a result a manager that can save us from relegation to league one and begin to lay the foundations for a sustainable long term future and the ability to invest money into permanent signings with potential resale value - a capital and asset growth that will ensure the future of this football club.

At this moment in time, with the situation that this football club is in, I would personally be content for this club to be an average Championship team for four or five years, as long as we as fans can identify with the players and staff of the football club and we can begin to build a community focused and enjoyable football experience again. As of today, 29th November 2008, we are 21st in the league with about 14 permanently contracted pro players. Regrettably, it appears that you have failed to lay the foundations for a promising future and have instead taken actions that seriously compromise the ability of this club to compete on any level.

I call therefore for you to resign from your position of manager of Norwich City FC, with no compensation payment, and look forward in anticipation to press coverage reporting this accordingly.

Yours Sincerely,

[/quote]

As a fellow Irishman, go on then post it to him, personally, not a message board, and then post the reply (if any).

I dare you.[:P]

Dear SuperWesIrishWizard,

Thank you for your letter-borne rant against my immaculate tenure as manager of NCFC. I must have missed your tenure as England manager or indeed any Football league or Premier league club. 

A football club is run for the benefits of it owners and their acolytes and Delia and Michael have shown the great wisdom to appoint me as manager of this great football club. I humbly acknowledge that I am merely the latest in a long line of great managerial appointments made by these exemplary owners. Grant, Worthington, Hamilton, Rioch, Walker - the names just roll of the tongue. I am in awe at their ability to constantly find such doyens of the English game to look after the club''s playing interests.   

I concede that recent results are not want any of us would wish yet it must me apparant to even the most football-ingnorant person (such as the 24000 that couldn''t possibly do my job yet feel they have the right to a point of view on all things NCFC) that none of this is my fault. My coaches and I train our players to the highest standards of cutting-edge tactical systems (we have all the badges you know) but the w**kers just can''t put it into effect. You just can''t get the staff these days. When they do occasionally get it right we are undermined by those in the crowd that do not offer unstinting adulation of the Three -In-One that is Delia, Michael and myself. I often feel that most of you are unworthy of our greatness.

Once again thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to me. Your opinions are valued and we encourage supporters'' feedback at every opportunity. It keeps our paper recycling bins full here at Carrow Road and gives us all a nice warm glow to know that we are doing our bit for the environment.

Yours in football,

Glen.

The league table does not lie, Roeder has been given a free reign to make more changes to our club within a year than any of his predecessors and look where that has got us. He has had a not insignificant amount of money to bring in players bearing in mind that we were advised by Grant that it was almost as expensive to bring a Premier player in on loan as to sign a player permanently. The reason we have so many loan players is that our prudent board know they can can quickly ditch their expensive wages if needs be, once again exhibiting a lack of ambition. Whilst not disputing the effort put in by the majority of the loan players there is one fundamental aspect Roeder & the Board fail to grasp, if a player is living out of a suitcase away from his family friends & loved ones it will have an unsettling affect thereby preventing him from performing consistently well over several months or a season. There is a strong possibility that we could be relegated, consequently it is essential that Roeder goes before it is too late. Adie Boothroyd should be appointed until the end of the season to give him time to prove that he can win games playing acceptable football. If not I would suggest that every effort is made to recruit Simon Grayson who must be the most outstanding manager in the Championship, bearing in mind his lack of resources at Blackpool.

[quote user="dave538football"]Excellent letter - email it to the pinkun & EDP - it says what we all are thinking. This board of us has so much to answer for in bringing the club to its knees via Grant & Roeder; what a bunch of losers!!![/quote]I have emailed the letter to the editors of The EDP, The Evening News and The Pink Un.  I don''t expect any of them to publish it, however I do feel that I am entitled to email my opinions to my local press!I''m not going to bother sending it to the Club, what is Neil Doncaster exactly going to do with it? even if he agrees his hands are tied.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

He quit Newcastle due to fans protests.

Email the letter to eveningnewsletters@archant.co.uk and include your name and address or they wont print it.

Bet they dont print it anyway, archants too clicky with the club-great letter though.

[/quote]Thanks Arthur, have just forwarded it on. Worth a try, not bothered either way.If you do see it though let me know, as I live in Sheffield for this academic year, thus wont know even if they do!

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

He quit Newcastle due to fans protests.

Email the letter to eveningnewsletters@archant.co.uk and include your name and address or they wont print it.

Bet they dont print it anyway, archants too clicky with the club-great letter though.

[/quote]

Also email it to doncaster at NeilD@ncfc-canaries.co.uk  He always replys but usually with spin, but the replys are amusing and sum up what most think of him. Ill keep an eye out for your letter and let you know if its printed, please PM me Doncasters reply to your letter. Ive still got the replys I got and they are hilarious! King of spin on top form!

Thanks Arthur, have just forwarded it on. Worth a try, not bothered either way.

If you do see it though let me know, as I live in Sheffield for this academic year, thus wont know even if they do!
[/quote]

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Email Doncaster, he always replys with excuses and spin, then PM me his reply, should be good for a laugh.

NeilD@ncfc-canaries.co.uk

[/quote]

Not going to bother with Doncaster, I would hate to think that he would earn £10 of the clubs money for the 5 minutes he spent writing a reply.
[/quote]

Go on email it to doncaster at NeilD@ncfc-canaries.co.uk  He always replys but usually with spin, but the replys are amusing and sum up what most think of him. Ill keep an eye out for your letter and let you know if its printed, please PM me Doncasters reply to your letter. Ive still got the replys I got and they are hilarious! King of spin on top form!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Email Doncaster, he always replys with excuses and spin, then PM me his reply, should be good for a laugh.

NeilD@ncfc-canaries.co.uk

[/quote]Not going to bother with Doncaster, I would hate to think that he would earn £10 of the clubs money for the 5 minutes he spent writing a reply.[/quote]

Go on email it to doncaster at NeilD@ncfc-canaries.co.uk  He always replys but usually with spin, but the replys are amusing and sum up what most think of him. Ill keep an eye out for your letter and let you know if its printed, please PM me Doncasters reply to your letter. Ive still got the replys I got and they are hilarious! King of spin on top form!

[/quote]Ok done, I will let you know.

[quote user="crafty canary"]

Dear SuperWesIrishWizard,

Thank you for your letter-borne rant against my immaculate tenure as manager of NCFC. I must have missed your tenure as England manager or indeed any Football league or Premier league club. 

A football club is run for the benefits of it owners and their acolytes and Delia and Michael have shown the great wisdom to appoint me as manager of this great football club. I humbly acknowledge that I am merely the latest in a long line of great managerial appointments made by these exemplary owners. Grant, Worthington, Hamilton, Rioch, Walker - the names just roll of the tongue. I am in awe at their ability to constantly find such doyens of the English game to look after the club''s playing interests.   

I concede that recent results are not want any of us would wish yet it must me apparant to even the most football-ingnorant person (such as the 24000 that couldn''t possibly do my job yet feel they have the right to a point of view on all things NCFC) that none of this is my fault. My coaches and I train our players to the highest standards of cutting-edge tactical systems (we have all the badges you know) but the w**kers just can''t put it into effect. You just can''t get the staff these days. When they do occasionally get it right we are undermined by those in the crowd that do not offer unstinting adulation of the Three -In-One that is Delia, Michael and myself. I often feel that most of you are unworthy of our greatness.

Once again thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to me. Your opinions are valued and we encourage supporters'' feedback at every opportunity. It keeps our paper recycling bins full here at Carrow Road and gives us all a nice warm glow to know that we are doing our bit for the environment.

Yours in football,

Glen.

[/quote]Tsk tsk Glenn, you cant even spell your name correctly [;)]

How I chose to spell my name at any given moment is my business not yours, you England tenure-less knobjockey.

Best wishes,

Glennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Yours Sincerely,

[/quote]

Well written and passionate letter Super, but I''d like you and those who think this is so fantastic to think through the answers to some of these questions.

1. Who put the first 98 out of the 100 nails in our coffin ??

2. How by changing manager will this change fortunes on the pitch ?? - remember there is NO money to spend to bring in new players, and if Roeder goes so will Clark, Stephenson etc.

3. Whilst agreeing Roeder should be more empathetic towards fans, why should he listen to the opinions, feelings and belief of fans ? would you in his position ? which particular one of the thousands of different opinions and feelings should he listen to ?

4. Yes, Darren Huckerby had done great things for Norwich in the past, but was he not also part of the failing team over the seasons prior to Roeder arriving ? Did you feel there was a need for a total revamp of the squad ?

5.  Do you trust our current board of directors to appoint a suitable alternative ?

6. Who do you think they should appoint ? Who would you ''relate to'' ? Who do you know would have the best interest of Norwich City and the community at heart ?

7. Where will the money come from to invest in permanent signings ? (remember you have just spent all your money paying off Roeder and his coaching staff, and paid compensation for this fantastic new manager and coaching staff who you can ''relate to'' - because if you expect him to work the miracles you hope for they are surely in employment someone else - and why would they come here ?)

8. Haven''t our current majority shareholders and board of directors spent all our income over the past 5 years on making this a ''community'' club - do you think this money was wisely spent instead of investing in the team therefore making enjoyable and successful football more of a reality than an dream ?

9. Is it Glen Roeder alone in 12 months that has ''destructed'' our football club, or are others more culpable for the situation we find ourselves ? Do you feel by removing Glen Roeder alone everything will magically improve ?

Don''t get me wrong, I''m as jarred of as anyone about the current situation we find ourselves in but I''m sorry I can''t agree that removing Roeder will achieve anything at this point in time.

I wait in anticipation for your answers