Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink Un Pickers

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="arrdee"]

Now I had hoped that you two lovely old boys would be alright tonight and not get too excited but it seems that hope is out of the window already. Now Wass are you really asking that poor old codger to wheel you home? Of course the lovely old boy will show willing and with lots of shouts of "here we go" but I very much doubt he will get you off the ground, especially if his hernia is down and his truss has got twisted but I wish you all the luck in the world....[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]

Lovely to see everyone tonight [:)] Lets hope we win lots of money this week.

[/quote]

Yes it was lovely Angel, thanks to everyone for coming, I found it fascinating talking to Sports Desk Pete such a nice guy too, thanks Pete I hope you enjoyed it, of course there was Lapp and Wass cozying up together as usual, I had to send the Butler to sit between them .

Lapp was on form with his days of watching City play at the Nest but he have could have said anything as there was no one old enough to remember A pity I had to leave early, I hope all the sausages got cleared up, I know Billy Dixon and his lovely wife enjoyed themselves, especially when Billy got on the dartboard, yes a wonderful evening and most relaxing. Cheers all....arrdee.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Apologies to all who have yet to pick, but this is the only time I have free today to get this done.  Odds, where available, come from oddschecker.com.

5 low odds matches :

• Celtic to beat Inverness CT (1/5)  - Mr. Bump, methcanary, Pboro_Canary, Devonshire, GazzaTCC, obiwancanary, ShackAttack, Macdougalls perm.

Celtic 7 wins from 8 at home
Inverness, 4 wins from 7 away, only a -2 GD away.

Chosen by popular demand - Backed by 5 of this months'' top 10 pickers.

• Lyon to beat Valenciennes (2/7) - NCFC_Shaun, Inch_High

Trusting Inch_Highs'' 100% record here.  It does look thoroughly nailed on, only complacency will cause Lyon a problem.

• Nijmegen (1/3) - Arrdee

Again, a classic top vs bottom, low odds clash.

• ABERYSTWYTH v Caernarfon (4/9) - HOME WIN - leedscanary

Caernarfon - 4 pts from 12 games. 
Aberystwyth - 23 pts from 13 games.

• JUVENTUS vs Reggina (2/7) - Home win - CanaryRyan

...And the gamble.

Wigan to beat West brom (4/5) - ncfc90

I''m gambling that West Brom have forgotten how to score, with 2 goals away all season.  That said, Wigan have only scored 4 times at home.  So expect a 5-5 draw.

[/quote]

Yes the bet is on thanks to the wonderful Blahx3 and of course Dixmar Racing, the bet is.....

1-5       Celtic

1-4        Lyon

1-3        Nijmegen

4-9        Aberystwyth

3-10      Juventus

5-6        Wigan

Which will win £58-85p which is fantastic, we must be in with a real chance of picking up more money for the  Academy of our wonderful club. Thanks Blah you lovely old boy, you have done a great job but nothing more than I would expect from you, such a lovely old Picker.Good luck all and thanks, let the fun begin....[Y]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="arrdee"]

Now I had hoped that you two lovely old boys would be alright tonight and not get too excited but it seems that hope is out of the window already. Now Wass are you really asking that poor old codger to wheel you home? Of course the lovely old boy will show willing and with lots of shouts of "here we go" but I very much doubt he will get you off the ground, especially if his hernia is down and his truss has got twisted but I wish you all the luck in the world....[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]

Lovely to see everyone tonight [:)] Lets hope we win lots of money this week.

[/quote]

Yes it was lovely Angel, thanks to everyone for coming, I found it fascinating talking to Sports Desk Pete such a nice guy too, thanks Pete I hope you enjoyed it, of course there was Lapp and Wass cozying up together as usual, I had to send the Butler to sit between them .

Lapp was on form with his days of watching City play at the Nest but he have could have said anything as there was no one old enough to remember A pity I had to leave early, I hope all the sausages got cleared up, I know Billy Dixon and his lovely wife enjoyed themselves, especially when Billy got on the dartboard, yes a wonderful evening and most relaxing. Cheers all....arrdee.

[/quote]

Pleasure was all mine arrdee. Was great to put some faces to names after all these years. And your sausages were top-notch. Many thanks for the invite.

unlucky mate

reckon benzeama and juninho hadnt missed this match they deffo of won, should have won without these two too be fair but just wasnt to be

good effort - another week when we come soooooo close i feel

arse.  I was convinced that it was a conclusion when I heard Wigan had won.  Would have got cracking odds on a Lyon draw, but who would have backed it ?Back to the drawing board next week then arrdee ! [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]arse.  I was convinced that it was a conclusion when I heard Wigan had won.  Would have got cracking odds on a Lyon draw, but who would have backed it ?

Back to the drawing board next week then arrdee ! [:)]
[/quote]

Yes hard luck Blah, the number of times we see the big clubs after playing in Europe midweek not being fussed if they play or not on the weekend, Arsenal spring to mind, I think the European matches come to a close soon and start again in March so we wont have the worry of them. Yes as you say on to next week and remember it hasn''t cost us or our club a penny thanks to Dixmar Racing. Talk to you all with some exciting news later....[Y]....arrdee.

[quote user="ncfc90"]I think w8 should be the picker for the coming weekend[/quote]

no no no, when pressure on i crumble. i think its best that norwich city fans pick 90 and i do what i do best and pick nap teams to win [:)]

[quote user="ncfc90"]I think w8 should be the picker for the coming weekend[/quote]

Why ?  Ray has published his list and that''s how it is done, not by election.

Hard luck blah x 3, there always seems to be one banana skin doesn''t there ?

Bad luck also Inchy, your seemingly invincible 100% record finaly goes, I doubt it will ever be equalled again.

Now you lovely old Pickers the exciting news I have for you, now all you Pickers who weren''t with us last season, there is a giant of a man who strides the Free Bet pages who is a living legend amongst us, he was the first winner not just one week but two on the bounce, yes thats right 12 winning selections on the trot and if you read my signature you will know its Yankee Canary, Yankee also finished top of Nuttys league last season. Well its Yankee who is making the final selections this coming weekend and the exciting thing is its a Dixmar bonus this week where we are playing for double money, yes Pickers exciting times ahead.

I have completed the rota for Feb, so to refresh Dec and Jan I will also bring you Feb its as follows....

Dec 13 Graham H

Dec 20 Devon

Dec 27 Sports desk Pete

Jan 3   Mr Bump

Jan 10 Ncfc Shaun

Jan 17 P''boro

Jan 24 C Ryan

Jan 31 Lucky Green Trainers

Feb 7  NewYork

Feb 14 Shack Attack

Feb 21 Mac''s P

Feb 28 Leeds

If any of you lovely old Pickers are unable to meet these dates please let me know, there will be no reflection on you at all and we do have a lot of Pickers waiting for a chance at making the final selections. Talk to all you lovely old Pickers later....[Y]....arrdee. 

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I got abandoned in the fog[+o(][/quote]

Me to Cam.

[/quote]I''m on my way lads, me barrow''s got lights! [:D]

Yes you lovely old Pickers Nutty will be bringing his stats and league tables later, we still have Mr Chops and Bring B Iwan selection to go which is Liverpool this evening, so hang on and all will be revealed soon....[Y]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now you lovely old Pickers the exciting news I have for you, now all you Pickers who weren''t with us last season, there is a giant of a man who strides the Free Bet pages who is a living legend amongst us, he was the first winner not just one week but two on the bounce, yes thats right 12 winning selections on the trot and if you read my signature you will know its Yankee Canary, Yankee also finished top of Nuttys league last season. Well its Yankee who is making the final selections this coming weekend and the exciting thing is its a Dixmar bonus this week where we are playing for double money, yes Pickers exciting times ahead.

I have completed the rota for Feb, so to refresh Dec and Jan I will also bring you Feb its as follows....

Dec 13 Graham H

Dec 20 Devon

Dec 27 Sports desk Pete

Jan 3   Mr Bump

Jan 10 Ncfc Shaun

Jan 17 P''boro

Jan 24 C Ryan

Jan 31 Lucky Green Trainers

Feb 7  NewYork

Feb 14 Shack Attack

Feb 21 Mac''s P

Feb 28 Leeds

If any of you lovely old Pickers are unable to meet these dates please let me know, there will be no reflection on you at all and we do have a lot of Pickers waiting for a chance at making the final selections. Talk to all you lovely old Pickers later....[Y]....arrdee. 

[/quote]

i think there are at least 3 winning weeks before march 09. we just need the luck to roll with us for a change instead of killing us.

Yes looking at lovely Blah''s line just the one loser, Lyon only needed a single goal, how cruel is that? and how many times has that happened to us? I must look it up sometime,.

I think there is a large number in the one wrong club, never mind the important thing is that all us city fans are having fun and entertainment every weekend and the fans that cant get to Carrow rd can help their club by making the one selection, they have no need to feel left out because they are so important to our wonderful club.Talk to all you lovely old Pickers later....[Y]....arrdee.

Yes indeed it was unlucky Blah. But I know you will be back for another go and it''s only a matter of time before we win again. Lyon didn''t just wreck the Free Bet itself but also Inchy''s proud record but his record on 16 straight winning naps this season and 22 including last season will take some beating. Lyon also did for Shauns magnificent winning run.

In the end PUP[&] Of The Month for November was shared by three of our top pickers. The only three to have 5 winning naps in the month were Gorleston "Gentleman" Jim[*], Pboro_Canary[*] and We8wba[*].

Gorleston Jim and We8 now share the longest winning run of 7 while Pboro has 6 consecutive winning naps. At the other end nutty has fallen off the board after only gettin 1 of his last 7 naps correct[:$]

Here are the latest standings : -

Picker

Month

Month%

Season

Season %

Arrdee

4-5

16-17

Inch High

4-5

16-17

Trent Canary

4-4

14-16

P’boro_canary

5-5

14-17

MacDougall’s perm

4-5

11-14

Mr Bump

4-5

11-14

Kathy

3-3

7-9

we8wba

5-5

7-9

Delia’s Devon..

4-5

13-17

Gorleston (Gentleman) Jim

5-5

13-17

Leeds canary

4-5

13-17

Shack Attack

4-5

13-17

Fellas

3-5

12-17

Hissing Sid

3-5

12-17

Newyorkcanary

4-5

12-17

Beaker

2-5

11-16

NCFC_Shaun

4-5

11-16

GazzaTCC

3-5

9-13

Obiwancanary

3-5

9-13

7Rew

2-2

6-9

1st Wazzock

3-5

11-17

Muddy funster

3-5

10-16

Methcanary

3-5

8-13

Sparkos

1-5

8-13

1dartmoore

1-3

6-10

BringBackIwan

3-5

6-10

Till 1010

2-4

6-10

Graham Humphrey

4-5

10-17

Lucky Green Trainers

2-5

10-17

Norfolkchance1

3-5

10-17

Cityangel

2-5

8-14

Berkshire Canary

3-5

9-16

Mister Chops

3-5

7-13

Cosmic Twin

2-5

9-17

The Butler

2-4

8-16

Camuldonum

0-4

7-14

Canary Ryan

3-5

7-14

Norfolkbroadslim

4-5

6-12

Astrodyne

1-4

5-10

Scooby

0-2

5-10

In all 43 PUPs made selections this week. With 28 correct naps and of course the 2 void games. The naps were divided amongst just 21 different teams (not including the 2 void games) with 12 being correct making a 57% success rate this week which is very slightly down on the seasons average.

Here''s the current table which shows where us PUP''s[&] have been getting most joy.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

12-21

236-405

Premiership

1-4

30-59

Championship

0-1

30-60

League One

30-57

League Two

16-44

Conference

1-2

17-28

Other Non Lge (Inc. Welsh)

1-1

8-11

English Cups

3-5

6-12

Scots Premiership

1-1

17-21

Scots Leagues

12-22

Scots Cup

2-2

3-4

Europe

3-5

44-59

Internationals

23-28

Thanks for all that info Nutty, I just don''t know how you manage to analyze all that data.

Please be sure that I and all of us other POP''s appreciate the effort you put in for us,  you''re the man !.