Sign in to follow this  
robsonhasscored

The ref today

Must say I thought the ref today was brilliant, apart fom maybe booking the Swasea player who "clinically" bought down Lupoli I though he let the game flow, tried to play the advantage where possible and didn''t  blow for every little contact.

I feel this guy really helped make a very entertaining match.

Well done Mr Hegley

The commentators on Radio Wales said the same and said both sides were a credit to the championship for such an open and exciting game. Thats a rarity in itself as they bloody hate us on there.

I agree, he actually appeared to know what he was doing which made a pleasant change although I do think he should have disallowed all three Swansea goals...er...for the sheer hell of it !

yer he was good, but he didn''t boom enough players, they kept crunching our players in the first half time after time, which usually would have resulted in a few yellows, but he didnt give them out

[quote user="Big Bob"]yer he was good, but he didn''t boom enough players, they kept crunching our players in the first half time after time, which usually would have resulted in a few yellows, but he didnt give them out[/quote]

One of his good points IMO Big Bob I can only remember the trainer coming on once so wasn''t a dirty game. I can''t stand this book for any contact mentallity. Poor tackle or "cheating" deserve punishment but not genuine attempts to play the ball.

Today once again demonstrated the total inconsistency in refereeing. There were tackles in there today that would have been bookings in any other game the one booking that happened would have been a sending off by some referees. I feel he allowed far to many tackles to go unpunished and allowed too many players to get away with several tackles I would like to see the same set of rules week in week out so the players and the supporters know where they stand. If time wasting is a booking in one game then why not in all games.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Today once again demonstrated the total inconsistency in refereeing. There were tackles in there today that would have been bookings in any other game the one booking that happened would have been a sending off by some referees. I feel he allowed far to many tackles to go unpunished and allowed too many players to get away with several tackles I would like to see the same set of rules week in week out so the players and the supporters know where they stand. If time wasting is a booking in one game then why not in all games.[/quote]

No one went off injured so the tackles wernt that bad, its supposed to be a contact sport !

Superb ref, didn''t blow up for all the picky thing we see some weeks. Played some good advantages when others might have stopped the game and one booking could have translated into several under the lesser refs 9/10