Sign in to follow this  
rocky marshall

Why Hucks chose Lowestoft...

1. Good friends with Craig Fleming and Dave Carolan

2. Top of the League

3. Welcomed with open arms

4. Acknowledged (according to Radio Norfolk''s Local League show last night) superior fitness to rest of league.

5. High Team Morale

6. Successful management team (Vase Final at Wembley last season)

7. Allowed on the training pitch - doesn''t need an appointment!

8. Glenn Roeder isn''t there!

Any other suggestions?????

They are about the same standard as a top mls team!

1st Wizard lives there!!!!!!

Probably better than us at this present moment in time!

No interfering Cooks!!!!

ERGO.. We are poorer than a MLS team and therefore Hucks has actually gone up a level!

And what will happen should Lowestoft get to WEmbley again, they are allowed to train at Colney again; will they allow Hucks (as a training member of Lowestoft''s squad) to train at Colney?

Good point about the cooks though - not sure about the interfering Burger stall sellers though!

[quote user="rocky marshall"]1. Good friends with Craig Fleming and Dave Carolan 2. Top of the League 3. Welcomed with open arms 4. Acknowledged (according to Radio Norfolk''s Local League show last night) superior fitness to rest of league. 5. High Team Morale 6. Successful management team (Vase Final at Wembley last season) 7. Allowed on the training pitch - doesn''t need an appointment! 8. Glenn Roeder isn''t there! Any other suggestions?????[/quote]

I spoke to Lowestoft''s club secretary Terry Lynes on Thursday night and put to him the "Hucks reduced to training with Lowestoft Town" in the vain hope of discovering a story about Norwich City that we could actually sell.

He said: "Dave (Carolan) rang him up a couple of weeks ago cos they are old mates and offered our facilities if he needed them.  We''ve not heard back from him so far as I know.  I was at training tonight (Thursday) and he certainly wasn''t there tonight.  Let''s hope we get him: it might mean a few more turn up for training.  Dave hasn''t mentioned anything more about it to me."

Me: "It''s been suggested that he is training Tuesdays and Thursday with you."

Mr Lynes: "Not at the moment and Tuesday''s is pretty much a non starter as we''ve a lot of Tuesday night fixtures coming up, especially if we have a cup run.  Thursday is our main training night and Darren wasn''t here tonight.  I knew Dave had offered our facilities and obviously we''d love that but he hasn''t shown up yet."

I''ve done my bit and failed to find any money in it. 

I willingly hand it over to the EDP to explore and if they do better I''ll nick it off them. [:P]

He did say on the Scrimmage that Flemo had  invited him to train a couple of nights a week with them but I don''t think he said that he''d accepted. Plus its quite a drive from his home to Yarmouth to train at night I would have thought.

[quote user="cityangel"]He did say on the Scrimmage that Flemo had  invited him to train a couple of nights a week with them but I don''t think he said that he''d accepted. Plus its quite a drive from his home to Yarmouth to train at night I would have thought.[/quote]

Either way, it''s completely missed the Lowestoft Journal and/or the EDP at the time of writing.[:#]