Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Roeder - the beginning of the end

I''ve been to every home game since Roeder took over, and Swansea was the first home game where the "Glenn Roeder''s Green Army" chant has not been sung by the Barclay.  His name wasn''t mentioned once in song.  He''s shot himself in the foot with his AGM performance as I don''t think there''s a single fan now who respects him or feels he respects the supporters - who are, after all, a massive part of the club.A minor ripple of "Roeder Out" chants echoed around for a few seconds after the Swans went 3-1 up.  Expect this to grow over time as more and more fairly ordinary teams come to Norwich for 1-3 points.Of course, the results don''t help either, nor his tactical decisions - so when he plays right footed players on the left, left footed players on the right and then brings on his most left-footed player and asks him to play on the right, Roeder might be displaying the kind of tactical nous that means he might quit Norwich City to begin his tenure as England manager.The only downside of a Roeder Out campaign will be that (a) I doubt we can afford to sack him and (b) it obscures the need for change at boardroom level.  But he''s brought it on himself with this season''s performances and his awful AGM appearance.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''ve been to every home game since Roeder took over, and Swansea was the first home game where the "Glenn Roeder''s Green Army" chant has not been sung by the Barclay.  His name wasn''t mentioned once in song.  He''s shot himself in the foot with his AGM performance as I don''t think there''s a single fan now who respects him or feels he respects the supporters - who are, after all, a massive part of the club.A minor ripple of "Roeder Out" chants echoed around for a few seconds after the Swans went 3-1 up.  Expect this to grow over time as more and more fairly ordinary teams come to Norwich for 1-3 points.Of course, the results don''t help either, nor his tactical decisions - so when he plays right footed players on the left, left footed players on the right and then brings on his most left-footed player and asks him to play on the right, Roeder might be displaying the kind of tactical nous that means he might quit Norwich City to begin his tenure as England manager.The only downside of a Roeder Out campaign will be that (a) I doubt we can afford to sack him and (b) it obscures the need for change at boardroom level.  But he''s brought it on himself with this season''s performances and his awful AGM appearance.[/quote]Totally agree Mr Chops, I find it equally hard, as I did with Grant, to find a single positive quality about the guys management skills, Worthington had his faults but was head and shoulders above both Grant and GR, both in terms of managerial skills and as a person.The club as a whole is facing difficult times, if ever we needed a true, gifted manager to lead the club through these gloomy times, its now. GR without doubt is not that person, on the contrary - his managerial skills, man management skills, attitude, personality, tactical skills, media skills, common sense are all lacking to the point it has become farcical.However much it''s going to cost - he has to go!

I think Roeder needs to go but not until after the board has gone, they will only replace him with another clueless twonk. They haven''t exactly got a very impressive track record in recruiting new managers, even if by some miracle they did employ someone decent he''d soon get fed up working under such tight financial constraints. Board first swiftly followed by manager.

Have to say I completely agree Mr Chops. The talk around us before the game was the AGM, three of our crowd went and related it to the rest.

You are correct, no one wanted to sing GR''s G&Y army. Not one. There were a few Roeder Out shouts, mainly in C block I think.

Maybe we can''t replace him - as we have no money, but my money would be on the lot of them going (or at least Delia and Michael relinquishing control) before the end of the season.

On your last point, Gazza : I''m convinced that despite the lack of funds, certain qualified managers from the lower divisions would still be interested in taking charge at Carrow Road. After all, City were skint went Grant took charge and the board had (apparently) 500 applications (including Martin Allen and Crooky and his German friend.) I''m convinced that NCFC would be an attractive job.

City''s best option ( yes, there is one! ) is to somehow get rid of the rodent, then hope Harris finds a backer to invest in City.

Sticking with Roeder is a one way trip to League One and adminstration.

The Board must collectivly grow a pair!

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]On your last point, Gazza : I''m convinced that despite the lack of funds, certain qualified managers from the lower divisions would still be interested in taking charge at Carrow Road. After all, City were skint went Grant took charge and the board had (apparently) 500 applications (including Martin Allen and Crooky and his German friend.) I''m convinced that NCFC would be an attractive job.
[/quote]

One springs to mind Lord.........Steve Tilson.....he''s had no budget at Saffend for years!

Lord, I wasn''t saying no one would be interested. I am sure they would. I am not sure the board would be interested in getting rid of him, given our financial state. If things carry on as they are, I guess they will be threatened with the same crisis as happened under Mr Worthington. Sacking a failing manager is the lesser of two evils, that meaning getting rid of the manager will buy them more time by diverting the blame onto him.

Of course we are now a couple of years down the line and nothing has improved, in fact it''s got worse. Despite all the talk of an improved squad we are not able to see any sustained improvement.

I am not sure what the Board intend to do, if going on what they said on Tuesday at the AGM, it won''t be much. They are clueless and penniless and they admitted as much.

That said, Gazza, I still have a feeling that there would be enough cash to send Roeder packing. They must have some money pushed aside for emergencies because relegation would do their finances more damage than paying off a pants manager and hopefully finding a replacement in time to keep us up. Perhaps someone should have asked at the AGM : "Mr Munby, is there enough money to sack him?"

Two points to address here I feel,

(1) GR are has to go whether we can afford it or not, this has been clear from almost day one of his regime. Fans should make it clear we don''t want him by either by messages to The Board or voiced from the supporters during the match, if he is as honorable as he makes out he will possibly take the hint and go "cheaply" or accept offers from other clubs as gullible as ours.

I don''t know what sort of deal he is on, hopefully not a rolling contract, but no effort should be made at renewing whatever deal it is.

(2) When it comes to finding a new manager we should cherry pick the one we want, and  based on what he has achieved at whatever level and can display man management skills, then ask for permission to approach him in a proper way.

Please no more of these strung out (jobs-for-the-boys) interviews where the smart talking types can wow the gullible interviewing panel and we finish up as we have in the last few years with all talk and no do managers.

If I had any faith left in the board LF, I might think the same as you, but as I don''t have any faith in them I don''t. Sorry, someone stood up at the AGM and told them they couldn''t organise the proverbial in a brewery.

Spot on that man, and we are in danger of going into not only the third division but into administration and oblivion. I have no faith whatsoever in anyone at the club who is responsible for making decisions.

Time for change. Let''s hope either this Keith Harris can do his stuff or that the board eat some humble pie and sit down with Peter Cullum and trash a deal out. And before anyone tells me he never made an offer, read between the lines of his latest statement. They can beg if they have to. Otherwise D and M are going to lose all their money. It''s their choice. For what it''s worth, I don''t believe a word the board say, not because they are awful human beings, they are okay, but they haven''t a clue what they are doing and are in denial as to the state the club is in. They are not thinking logically.

Add that to the fact they have employed an arrogant git who''s too full of his own self importance and you have a recipe for disaster.

Roeder out!!!

Left footed players on right, right footed players on left! Drury deemed 2nd best to Bertrand! Hucks turned away from Colney after being offered training before! No leaders on pitch!

Roeder out!

Whilst many of us echo your sentiments, Matt, I think we the fans need to find out whether sacking Mr Roeder is a viable option. If it is then we can take our protests to the streets knowing full well that change could be instigated. Without that infomation I don''t feel that an organised opposition will ever materialise.

Be honest the beginning of the end for the incompetant Roeder started in January when he started changing a winning team to accomodate rubbish loanees like Henry, Gibbs and to a lesser degree Pearce. We could of got in the play offs if we''d of signed Taylor and another decent player and kept a settled side!

Things will not get better until Roeder goes!

Roeder seems incapable of insprigin the team!

The players confidence is shot to bits and good players who impressed early on like Stefanovic (now out anyway), Kennedy, Marshall, Russell have noticeably dropped their quality of performance. Unless changes are made to the management and then hopefully to the board we are staring League 1 in the face!

That''s just it, BBT, we can only hope that they will be measuring up their options in regards to Roeder and possible relegation. I''m sure that if they did they''re realise that finding a replacement would be the lesser of two evils (and the cheaper of two evils!) Still, if my memory serves me corrently, the board were not overly keen on letting Grant go. If that''s the case then we are, in all essence, CLUCKED!

[quote user="John Boubepo"]

Worthington had his faults but was head and shoulders above both Grant and GR, both in terms of managerial skills and as a person.

[/quote]

Worthington was financially backed. Grant and GR were''nt. Dont overlook this.

Worthy had no more money than Grant or Roedor had when he took us out of this league. So are you going to tell me that the combined loan fees of Hucks, Crouch and Harper were greater than that of the current 8 odd loanees at the club?

[quote user="TCF"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]

Worthington had his faults but was head and shoulders above both Grant and GR, both in terms of managerial skills and as a person.

[/quote]

Worthington was financially backed. Grant and GR were''nt. Dont overlook this.

[/quote]

Grant spent money and Roeder has as well - Signing the run through a brick wall but largely headless chicken Pattison for £500,000 is a prime example! 

Stefanovic cost an undisclosed fee, isn''t playing here for nothing and I bet some of the other loan players aren''t cheap either. Our wage bill is also allegedly in the top 12 in the Division. Robert Eagle is getting paid to do nothing casue he will never feature cause he isn''t good enough and Roeder admitted we''re still paying Archibald Henvilles wages even after hes gone back to Spurs!

While I agree there are cash constraints at Carrow Road this shouldn''t be used as an excuse cause most other clubs are probably worse off financially than us but yet still do better than us and Roeder has been given money but hasn''t used it greatly!

[quote user="Robbo007"]

Worthy had no more money than Grant or Roedor had when he took us out of this league. So are you going to tell me that the combined loan fees of Hucks, Crouch and Harper were greater than that of the current 8 odd loanees at the club?

[/quote]

Ashton, Earnshaw and Huckerby. Grant was able to bring in Marshall I suppose but apart from him the board have not given our last two managers suitable financial backing to achieve anything in this league.

Also do you not think that the fact we do not actually have to buy the loan players saves the board a bit of money? Its called cutting corners. Worthington never had to rely on loans.

Yes, but Ashton was bought when in the Premier League, Earnie was paid for half of the Ashton cash, and Hucks cost 750k, and remember how drawn out that was in that we could barely afford it.

I''m certain that our wage bill, and cost of signings, would work out pretty much equal between Worthy, Grant and Roeder.

If you remember, the backbone of our Championship winning team cost a couple of million at most. Francis,Svenny, Leon and Hucks are the only guys i remember, probably for a combined cost of £2 mil at most.

I don''t disagree that Roeder hasn''t been backed, but he has been backed the same amount as Worthy and Grant (very little :-))

Roeder has 18 months left on his contract so how much would it cost us to pay him up to get shot of him?

I''ll start saving [:)]

Looking at the AGM notes and Roeders attitude to his employers(shareholders and fans) of total disdain. If he treats us like that how is he with people he employs (the players and staff). Worse perhaps? Is it any wonder that the team is in a state of flux, inconsistant performances and lack of effort. Those signed by the club are seldom played or played out of position and in some cases slagged off publicly . Those on loan could not give a dam because however much he bellittles them they are off shortly away from him.

The man is a walking PR disaster creating within our club a cancur that will take a lot to remove,even when he is long gone.

He has made sure that their are no "City" people left, from Hucks to the kitman via the youngsters all got rid of "in the name of progress" Ha Ha

The board have sat back and let the man have his head and destroy us.

I cannot see who is in the wings/setup to step in and save the situation as has happend before.

Perhaps the Bishop of Norwich will say a prayer for us because that''s the only hope left

[quote user="cityangel"]

Roeder has 18 months left on his contract so how much would it cost us to pay him up to get shot of him?

[/quote]

Me too Angel I''ll raid me piggy bank,

I didn''t know about the eighteen months bit, so how much would that amount to ? 

£250,000 maybe ? 

Ten quid each ?

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I didn''t know about the eighteen months bit, so how much would that amount to ? 

£250,000 maybe ? 

Ten quid each ?

[/quote]

A small price to pay for our salvation Jim.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

£250,000 maybe ? 

Ten quid each ?

[/quote]

[/quote]Until the next guy comes in and starts making decisions you don''t like. Then you can come up with a pathetic playground nickname for him, and start campaigning for his removal too, just like ... Worthless and Grunt.People would take you a lot more seriously if you didn''t stoop so low.

[quote user="TCF"][quote user="Robbo007"]

[/quote]

Ashton, Earnshaw and Huckerby. Grant was able to bring in Marshall I suppose but apart from him the board have not given our last two managers suitable financial backing to achieve anything in this league.

Also do you not think that the fact we do not actually have to buy the loan players saves the board a bit of money? Its called cutting corners. Worthington never had to rely on loans.

[/quote]

Worthington, I''m pretty sure had nine players on loan at different times in his last full season here. When things started to go really bad.

Huckerby was right footed....

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''ve been to every home game since Roeder took over, and Swansea was the first home game where the "Glenn Roeder''s Green Army" chant has not been sung by the Barclay.  His name wasn''t mentioned once in song.  He''s shot himself in the foot with his AGM performance as I don''t think there''s a single fan now who respects him or feels he respects the supporters - who are, after all, a massive part of the club.

A minor ripple of "Roeder Out" chants echoed around for a few seconds after the Swans went 3-1 up.  Expect this to grow over time as more and more fairly ordinary teams come to Norwich for 1-3 points.

Of course, the results don''t help either, nor his tactical decisions - so when he plays right footed players on the left, left footed players on the right and then brings on his most left-footed player and asks him to play on the right, Roeder might be displaying the kind of tactical nous that means he might quit Norwich City to begin his tenure as England manager.

The only downside of a Roeder Out campaign will be that (a) I doubt we can afford to sack him and (b) it obscures the need for change at boardroom level.  But he''s brought it on himself with this season''s performances and his awful AGM appearance.

[/quote]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]

Huckerby was right footed....

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''ve been to every home game since Roeder took over, and Swansea was the first home game where the "Glenn Roeder''s Green Army" chant has not been sung by the Barclay.  His name wasn''t mentioned once in song.  He''s shot himself in the foot with his AGM performance as I don''t think there''s a single fan now who respects him or feels he respects the supporters - who are, after all, a massive part of the club.A minor ripple of "Roeder Out" chants echoed around for a few seconds after the Swans went 3-1 up.  Expect this to grow over time as more and more fairly ordinary teams come to Norwich for 1-3 points.Of course, the results don''t help either, nor his tactical decisions - so when he plays right footed players on the left, left footed players on the right and then brings on his most left-footed player and asks him to play on the right, Roeder might be displaying the kind of tactical nous that means he might quit Norwich City to begin his tenure as England manager.The only downside of a Roeder Out campaign will be that (a) I doubt we can afford to sack him and (b) it obscures the need for change at boardroom level.  But he''s brought it on himself with this season''s performances and his awful AGM appearance.[/quote]

[/quote]yeah, but he preferred playing on the left wing, and his left foot was good enough to cross on,,,hooly''s right foot is just for standing on - i felt sorry for the poor boy playing on the right yesterday, and also for bell on the left... 

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

£250,000 maybe ? 

Ten quid each ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Until the next guy comes in and starts making decisions you don''t like. Then you can come up with a pathetic playground nickname for him, and start campaigning for his removal too, just like ... Worthless and Grunt.

People would take you a lot more seriously if you didn''t stoop so low.
[/quote]

Spot on Mook - wind changes Wiz changes his mind.