Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Spillane & Martin

Does anybody know what type of deals these guys are on with Luton? i.e. can we recall them?

I''m pretty sure i''m not the only one on here that would prefer if we recalled them and gave our own youngsters a chance to prove themselves.

I think they can be recalled but neither are good enough for this level imo, I don''t think they''re setting the world on fire at Luton tbh.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Both on season-long loans.[/quote]

And If I;m right in saying with viev to perminant deal, Ding dong Bell in some sort of deal went with it

I find this unbelievable what some people think regarding our young youth players. Chris Martin is arguably one of the best young players we have had at the club for a long time and what happens people slate him saying he is rubbish and not good enough. The simple fact of the matter is that if he had the right manager and other people behind him and supporting him at Norwich he could have been a brilliant asset for Norwich City football club. But now instead he probably won''t even being football in two years time!! He needs encouragement and the right coaching but instead he is given a hand full of games and expect to score in every other game and then thrown out on loan to a team bottom of the football leagues , and people have the cheek to say what has he done for them score only three goals. I''d like to see other strikers go to a team bottom of the football leagues and play with eleven players who have hardly played any games together before and score a hat full of goals!! I read he has had a problem going out late nights around Norwich and getting in trouble so surely this would be the time that Roader would put his arm around the boy and help him and encourage him with his football but instead he pushes him away. I am telling you I play football at a pretty high standard and this boy honestly is a really good young player I just think it is very sad we are doing this to our young players ( I thought Roader''s strong point was working with the youngster''s ) I just hope it''s not to late to save this boy and Spillane.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Both on season-long loans.[/quote]

And If I;m right in saying with viev to perminant deal, Ding dong Bell in some sort of deal went with it

[/quote]That''s what I gathered,  wheel and deal with Bell Boy cos we were skint

Someone has previously posted on here that with a season long loan you cannot include a recall option. Seems like scraping the barrel anyway. If we''re getting the results we are with several ex-Premiership players how will a couple of lads who aren''t setting the world alight at Luton make things better?

[quote user="Nicky F"] Chris Martin is arguably one of the best young players we have had at the club for a long time [/quote]

That''s true.

But then...that''s not saying a lot.