Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

And Delia turned down 20 million pounds investment in players.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[quote user="jbghost"]As much as we al want a change at the top and new investment for goodness sake forget Cullum. There was never any chance of £20 million from him. He is not stupid, he knew his offer was no more than a joke that could not be taken up. For some reason he just wanted to destabilise the club he claims to support. Only he will know why he wants to harm the club he claims to support.[/quote]

I''ve never heard anything so utterly ridiculous in all my life.

Only you know why you need to make up such rubbish.  A joke by any chance?

[/quote]

Well said P. P.

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]Thank you Purple - you just saved me the job of humiliating our resident "bard".
[/quote]

Last form check - L L L.

.Fraid you''ll have to live with that Jim. It''s what is called incontrovertible!!

But cheer up, we all have our crosses to bear. 

OTBC

[quote user="IBA"]interesting the board where open enough to ask for suggestions but none are forthcoming

On other occasions they are accused of ''not listening''

make your minds up.[/quote]have you an opinion on what the smiths should do iba???  or anyone come to that???seems those with financial expertise ''have all gone quiet over there...''

I''d be grateful if you could give me the courtesy of a reply. I''m genuinely interested to know how you think the mechanics of the deal would work out.

I have to say that I''m kind of curious here too. Tell me BlyBlyBabes what difference would it have made if Delia et had put it to the shareholders that a £20M offer was received. They still hold the majority shareholding and "effectively" make the decisions. They still hold enough votes to carry a NO vote through if it had been put to the shareholders.

Anybody know if it''s past Bly''s bedtime? I know he lives in parts foreign. If it is, I''ll try again tomorrow.I''ve been trying to work it out myself - new share issues, giving shares away, effect on minority shareholders, guarantees about investment etc. - but I can''t get my head round it. I need someone of his erudition to explain it.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
So, BBB, assuming  Delia had accepted Mr.Cullum''s kind offer, how would you have expected things to progress?
[/quote]

In 21 steps, Ronny. Bleedin'' obvious really:

1.   PC majority shareholder, ultimate control.

2.   Delia made President for life. MWJ told to shut up.

3.   Duncan Forbes brought onto NCFC board and made Chairman. Dave Stringer brought onto board, made Vice-Chairman and appointed board liaison with the football manager.

4.  Cityangel invited on board and put in charge of fan relations.

5.  Roeders personality reviewed. Roeder fired.

6.  PC announces 20 million injection per year for five years with objectives of promotion by Year 2 and successive top 10 prem finishes by years 4 and 5.

7. PC tells Duncan and Dave (DD) to get in one of Keegan, Ince, Keane (Roy) or O''Neill to achieve objectives at 6. above.

8. Delia convinces Norfolk County Council to fund a new 40,000 seater stadium on City outskirts and NCFC  sign 99 year lease agreement. Carrow Road is sold to visionary entrepreneure for post-recession yuppie development - PC, DWJ and MWJ share up lovely lolly and live happily together ever after. 

9. PC orders abolition of season tickets - NCFC must earn their way match by match. Record crowds result. PC announces new agreement with  NCC for stadium expansion to 50,000 - and selection of the Delia Smith Community Stadium as a venue for World Cup 2018.

10. We finish 6th in Year 4 and qualify for UEFA Cup.

11. PC commissions a bronze statue of Kevin Keelan flying through the air fitted on the outer wall of the new, award-winning main SouthWatlingChaseSmith stand.

12. PC demands performance. No gallant failures. We amaze the soccer world again by finishing 4th in Year 5 and gaining entry to the Champions League. Nothing but nothing beats the ecstasy of the underdog victorious.

13. KeeganInceKeaneO''Neill is honoured by King Charles 111, and Delia is formally forgiven for once wearing an Ipswich scarf.

14.  Smudger lived happily ever after''

17. Cluck smiled, indulgently.

18. Cityangel and Hucks........................

19. Chopsy''s musical ''The ballad of PC and the cook'' opens in the West End after a record run at the Theatre Royal.

20.  PC and Delia hug. Mission accomplished.

21. And we all lived happily ever after.

[:D]

OK Ronnie?

Ronnie!!!!!!

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="Morph"]
I have to say that I''m kind of curious here too. Tell me BlyBlyBabes what difference would it have made if Delia et had put it to the shareholders that a £20M offer was received. They still hold the majority shareholding and "effectively" make the decisions. They still hold enough votes to carry a NO vote through if it had been put to the shareholders.
[/quote]

I was talking about consultation with, or canvassing of, minor shareholders - not ''formal'' votes and decisions.

Isn''t that what MWJ sarcastically (and rather stupidly) attempted at the AGM?

The fact that consultation/canvassing of minor shareholders did not occur rather puts the lie to Delia''s images of democracy, community and ''the club really belonging to the fans'' - wouldn''t you say?

OTBC

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]All that''s missing is the "incontrovertible fact" of a £20m investment in players. Still waiting for BBB to justify that claim.[/quote]

Are you saying that PC lied about the notion of 20 million investment in players being put forward.

Don''t be daft.

You''re hanging on by your pink shoelaces. 

OTBC

BBB, it is very simple. Cullum pays the club £20m for 650,000 new shares. That £20m is theoretically available for transfers. Except that the club owes to directors and ex-directors and the banks the total of (roll of drums)...

£20m.

And once that is paid off there is left for transfers (another roll of drums)...

£0m.

In truth there might be some money left, because it might not be necessary to pay back all the debt, but categorically not £20m.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]BBB, it is very simple. Cullum pays the club £20m for 650,000 new shares. That £20m is theoretically available for transfers. Except that the club owes to directors and ex-directors and the banks the total of (roll of drums)...

£20m.

And once that is paid off there is left for transfers (another roll of drums)...

£0m.

In truth there might be some money left, because it might not be necessary to pay back all the debt, but categorically not £20m.[/quote]

Dozens of threads have been diverted in such directions.

It''s all mirrors and images. Give it up.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]BBB, it is very simple. Cullum pays the club £20m for 650,000 new shares. That £20m is theoretically available for transfers. Except that the club owes to directors and ex-directors and the banks the total of (roll of drums)...

£20m.

£0m.

In truth there might be some money left, because it might not be necessary to pay back all the debt, but categorically not £20m.[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

The whole point. No-one has all the facts, but we all have an opinion.Amazingly your''s is no more important than anyone else''s. Live with it.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

£20m.

£0m.

OTBC

[/quote]

The whole point. No-one has all the facts, but we all have an opinion.Amazingly your''s is no more important than anyone else''s. Live with it.

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

The school system has a lot to answer for.

He made an offer. Delia wasn''t interested in the terms. End of story.

She turned down 20 million investment in players.

Are you Beausant or Malsant masquerading as Beau.....?

Whichever. Get real.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

£20m.

£0m.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

Whichever. Get real.

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m probably not the best person to try to score educational points with. One of the benefits of my very good education is that I understand the difference between "facts", "opinions", "personal hobbyhorses" and "rumours".

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

£20m.

£0m.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

Whichever. Get real.

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m probably not the best person to try to score educational points with. One of the benefits of my very good education is that I understand the difference between "facts", "opinions", "personal hobbyhorses" and "rumours".

[/quote]

''Fraid you''ll need to provide the details because it''s not otherwise evident.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

£20m.

£0m.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

Whichever. Get real.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

''Fraid you''ll need to provide the details because it''s not otherwise evident.

OTBC

[/quote]

How droll.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

£20m.

£0m.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

Whichever. Get real.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

How droll.

[/quote]

One wonders if that is avoidance or evasion.

Riddle me this, riddle me that!

OTBC