Sign in to follow this  
lobster catcher

About thistime last year.....

we started an 18 game unbeaten run that at the end of the day saved us from relegation.Hand on heart how many people can see us doing the same anytime soon because imho thats what it is going to take to save us again this season

I can''t see it happening again this year Lobster. It will be a long hard struggle to avoid the drop.

Sorry to sound so down but I see no silver lining yet.

We dont need to go on a winning streak at all. We just need to pick up the minimum points between now and the end of the season. Those points will come at Carrow Road. We will not get relegated under Roeder.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Lightening doesn''t strike twice in the same place.[/quote]

Not true Wiz. Lee Trevino the golfer was struck at least twice on seperate occassions.

Could loosely be classed as same place.[;)]

We will do enough to just survive this year both playing and money wise.

After that if things continue this way then .........I''ve still got my rattle from the old Div 3 days it seemed alright then to support the team.

It didn''t seem to matter so much as long as we had OUR team to support, with OUR players and a Manager who seemed to care. Archie was a great chap.

[quote user="lobster catcher"]we started an 18 game unbeaten run that at the end of the day saved us from relegation.Hand on heart how many people can see us doing the same anytime soon because imho thats what it is going to take to save us again this season[/quote]

I thought it was 13 match unbeaten run Lobster, but nevertheless, whatever, it would be very welcome to come anytime, especially now.

I think the difference  is that we were in an even more desparate state than we are now, we were, I think, playing survival football,to not lose, many of the matches were draws or 1-0 results.   Then somehow we lost the plot it seems and declined to near oblivion.

But we don''t have all those players now do we Lobster, some of them were deemed surplus to requirements. Oh dear.

And no, quite honestly I can''t see the same thing happening now, unless you mean a run of 18 games in which we are beaten.