Sign in to follow this  
Tore Raaen

Kienast on trial....Link from Norwegian newspaper.

Hi!

Check this link:

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=524297 (Norways biggest paper)

Roughly translated;

The austrian striker Roman Kienast trained with Norwich'' A-team monday and tuesday, hoping to be involved with the reserves match versus Arsenal.

"I''m hoping I''ll get signed, but I''m not in a hurry..I''m staying here until friday and if there will be a transfer it will happen in january."

Kieanst is at the moment in contract with the Norwegain team Hamarkameratene, which was relegated from the top flight a few weeks ago.The norwegian season is now over..

Kieanast was involved in all games Austria played in Euro 2008..

Sincerely,

Tore Raaen

Wikipedia (I know you can''t trust everything they say, but:

Kienast joined the youth team of Rapid Wien at the age of 14. He debuted in the club''s first team in 2002. In the next two seasons, he made 24 appearances in the Austrian Football Bundesliga, but was unable to score a goal. In 2004, he was loaned out to SC Rheindorf Altach, then playing in the Austrian Football First League (Austria''s second highest professional league). After scoring 4 goals in 6 games, he was quickly called back by Rapid. During the rest of the season, he made 21 appearances for the Vienna side, and finally managed to score his first goal in the Bundesliga. The season ended in glory for the team as they won the Austrian title.

Just before the start of the 2006 season, Kienast came to the Norwegian club Hamarkameratene (Ham-Kam) on loan. He played well during the first spring games, and Ham-Kam decided to buy him. However, he could not prevent the team from going down that season. In the next season, Ham-Kam got promoted back to the Norwegian Premier League, with Kienast playing an integral part in the campaign by scoring 14 goals[2].

As of May 27, 2008, Kienast has not scored during the 2008 season in Ham-Kam''s comeback to the top flight.

On 31 July 2008, Kienast moved to Helsingborgs IF of Allsvenskan in Sweden on loan for the rest of the year with an option for them to buy the player.

Not been scoring a lot recently - but certainly would be a good addition to the squad in terms of looks!

Just a thought - are the renewed rumours about Iversen the result of sightings of this guy - or did they fly over together?

not the stefen iversen everyone was hoping for

but could be a gem or dud. my thinking is not many trialists ever actually get offered permament contracts after, but maybe one to keep eye on

[quote user="old yellow bird"]Wikipedia (I know you can''t trust everything they say, but: Kienast joined the youth team of Rapid Wien at the age of 14. He debuted in the club''s first team in 2002. In the next two seasons, he made 24 appearances in the Austrian Football Bundesliga, but was unable to score a goal. In 2004, he was loaned out to SC Rheindorf Altach, then playing in the Austrian Football First League (Austria''s second highest professional league). After scoring 4 goals in 6 games, he was quickly called back by Rapid. During the rest of the season, he made 21 appearances for the Vienna side, and finally managed to score his first goal in the Bundesliga. The season ended in glory for the team as they won the Austrian title. Just before the start of the 2006 season, Kienast came to the Norwegian club Hamarkameratene (Ham-Kam) on loan. He played well during the first spring games, and Ham-Kam decided to buy him. However, he could not prevent the team from going down that season. In the next season, Ham-Kam got promoted back to the Norwegian Premier League, with Kienast playing an integral part in the campaign by scoring 14 goals[2]. As of May 27, 2008, Kienast has not scored during the 2008 season in Ham-Kam''s comeback to the top flight. On 31 July 2008, Kienast moved to Helsingborgs IF of Allsvenskan in Sweden on loan for the rest of the year with an option for them to buy the player. Not been scoring a lot recently - but certainly would be a good addition to the squad in terms of looks! Just a thought - are the renewed rumours about Iversen the result of sightings of this guy - or did they fly over together?[/quote]

So he scored 1 goal in 45 games in the Austrian Football Bundesliga? and he is a striker? Bryan Gunn should have stuck with corporate hospitality.

BTW,

I''ve been watching a bit of Kienast during his time here in Norway, and I have to admit,

I''m not impressed at all (!)..He''s a tall lad and has his strenght in the air, but I can''t see him score that many goals over here. Ok, so he plays for a crappy side, but I nevereven noticed him scoring for HamKam..Not a good sign..He was ok as a sub for Austria in Euro 2008, but I''m sceptical, especially if Norwich have to throw some serious money in direction of Ham-kam..

Tore Raaen

I agree.Good player when at his best, average player most of the time.If we get him for free, he can be a ok signing. We cannot afford to waste money on him. And he is not good enough for a regular place in the weakest team in the Norwegian "Eliteserie" (Ham-Kam got relegated this season).Much better if we sign Steffen Iversen (who is a quality player), although he always seems to be injured...

From what I can remember Austria were one of the worst sides at Euro 2008. So we''re gonna get a sub from a rubbish international team, whose side just got relegated from the top Norweigen League. Good one.

[quote user="Tore Raaen"]

BTW,

I''ve been watching a bit of Kienast during his time here in Norway, and I have to admit,

I''m not impressed at all (!)..He''s a tall lad and has his strenght in the air, but I can''t see him score that many goals over here. Ok, so he plays for a crappy side, but I nevereven noticed him scoring for HamKam..Not a good sign..He was ok as a sub for Austria in Euro 2008, but I''m sceptical, especially if Norwich have to throw some serious money in direction of Ham-kam..

Tore Raaen

[/quote]thanks for spilling the beans on this local story torey - we have to rely on the local archant rag, and they can''t read Norwegian!!!don''t worry - if he''s here, he''ll be cheap - but at least the boy is well schooled and knows his job - although from what you say, he doesn''t seem very good at it...[:(]

I should have read this thread this afternoon. I kept asking who the centreforward was before he was subbed after 18 mins. He started up front with Renton deeper and I believe we looked a better side after he went off. This may not be a reflection on him though because obviously the other players hardly knew him. He is tall!