Sign in to follow this  
rocky marshall

Score Predictions: Reserves v Arsenal Reserves

Thought most of our lads did quite well, it''s the first reserve game I''ve been to for a few months but it was better than what I had seen over the last few years when I had been a bit more often.

Like the look of Luke Daley, plenty of pace which is something we''ve tended to lack. Undecided on Kris Renton.

[quote user="GJP"]

Thought most of our lads did quite well, it''s the first reserve game I''ve been to for a few months but it was better than what I had seen over the last few years when I had been a bit more often.

Like the look of Luke Daley, plenty of pace which is something we''ve tended to lack. Undecided on Kris Renton.

[/quote]yeah, agree with that GJP - when i saw rents play versus pakefield, he didn''t look capable of first team footy yet,,,in fact none did that night, i dunno if luke daley played or not,,,

They all looked good, some very good LGT. Daley particuarly was impressive, but aside from that the whole team played as a TEAM. Interesting concept that the first 11 have yet to master. Passing into space for others to run into, tackling when needed, interlinking play between wingers and backs, all there. Plus a calmness and willingness to go and get the ball back when losing possession.

Was very proud of them, and after that display no one can say the academy is a waste of time. We just need to move on a step and get the first team playing with confidence and pride themselves and slowly introduce some of tonight''s players into the first team. It was a great result. The Arsenal team were good, but IMO not as eager to play and win as we were.

Fantastic entertainment and sublime stuff. Had my mouth watering. Note to Zippersleftfoot. You would have loved this Zips!!

canaryboy18 Nov 21:56

fantastic result lads against one of the best sides in the country

EAT IT!!!!!!!!

some one taking the reserve result a tad to far i think, good result none the less (taken from betfair forums)

Indeed, it''s also worth remembering that Arsenal were missing some of their key players.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]They all looked good, some very good LGT. Daley particuarly was impressive, but aside from that the whole team played as a TEAM. Interesting concept that the first 11 have yet to master. Passing into space for others to run into, tackling when needed, interlinking play between wingers and backs, all there. Plus a calmness and willingness to go and get the ball back when losing possession.

Was very proud of them, and after that display no one can say the academy is a waste of time. We just need to move on a step and get the first team playing with confidence and pride themselves and slowly introduce some of tonight''s players into the first team. It was a great result. The Arsenal team were good, but IMO not as eager to play and win as we were.

Fantastic entertainment and sublime stuff. Had my mouth watering. Note to Zippersleftfoot. You would have loved this Zips!![/quote]i see gaz- any signs of left footed players turning out on the right wing, and/or vice versa???  lol>>> 

No, but I guess plenty of England managers in the stands. Must say the view from the South Stand was excellent.....but hell it''s very cold sitting down at a football match LGT!

But there was nobody in the upper tier behind either goal so none of us will really know who played well and who didn''t [:S]

No but I was high up in the South Stand and I think most of us could safely say we could just about make out what was going on, just as most of us can at the first team games Nutty. You have NO excuse, you are high up in Lower Barclay.....lol

[quote user="gazzathegreat"] You have NO excuse, you are high up in Lower Barclay.....lol[/quote]

Not last night though Gazza [:O]

Nutty old chap, 4,999 - make that next post a good one [:)]

Here''s a mad idea - Forest are second from bottom, our reserves play as a team, why not let them take Forest on on Saturday.  Show the first team how to do it ?

[quote user="Seaman Staines"]2 - 2. You would expect Arsenal reserves to win comfortably but funny things can happen in football. I might go tonight - is anybody else thinking of giving this game a look? Do you think we might manage an attendance of 3,000 plus?[/quote]

Oh well, I got the "2" bit right. Didn''t I tell all you pessimists (yesterday) that funny things happen in football? I didn''t go in the end as I couldn''t face being surrounded by "plastic" Arsenil fans (glory-hunting yokels). That type of football "fan" annoy me intensely. It looks like I missed a cracking game. Does anybody feel a bit more positive about Saturday now? I do. I shall stick my neck out and predict a 2-1 win for City.