Sign in to follow this  
rocky marshall

Score Predictions: Reserves v Arsenal Reserves

According to lacky yes-man Stephenson, tomorrow night''s match is one where our players will see footballing intelligence at work; from the Arsenal reserves!!! In the absence of the complete first team squad attending the match, it''ll be left to the waifs and strays and yuoung pros to forge ahead against the Wenger Boys.

I would predict it''ll be about 50% of their recent Carlin cup squad as the rest will be back in London at training while the internationals are away. Nevertheless, what result would be A) realistic and b) acceptable. For me its as follows:

a) 0-6

b) anything less than 4

2 - 2. You would expect Arsenal reserves to win comfortably but funny things can happen in football. I might go tonight - is anybody else thinking of giving this game a look? Do you think we might manage an attendance of 3,000 plus?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I''m going tonight, think it''ll be a pretty good crowd - I remember going to see the same fixture about four years ago and we got over 6,000 for that one.[/quote]yeah, and half the crowd were local yokel gooners!!!

Well I am going and I predict it will be a lot more entertaining than the first "team" are at the mo. Freebies I love! And a chance to sit in the South Stand lol

and I''m going, and looking forward to some real football.

It will be interesting to see who plays for Arsenal - hope Gibbs is there, we might be able to compare his performance as a loanee and as a player for his own club...hmmmmm.

Also like Gazzatg I''m looking forward to seeing what football looks like when played left to right - as opposed to what I see from my normal seat high above the river end goal.

i think it will be probably be about 7-0 to arsenal.

i''m going so i hope it isnt. (i just hope for a good game of football)

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Well there are cars queuing up to get into the car park already, and a long, long queue into the Barclay.....will be a big crowd.[/quote]have a goodun gazza - i usually try to get to the reserves matches, but i''ve got something on tonight,,,

Apparently Norwich are winning 3-1.Luke Daley scoring two!

Erm, I just posted not only in the wrong thread, but on the wrong website altogher! I do apologise, also for the double post!

Finished 4-2, Daley hat-trick and Renton, report on OS.

Well we won 4-2 and frankly outplayed them. Sorry my hands are frozen and will add more later. Renton and Daley great upfront, all of them very impressive bar Eagle. What has happened to the lad, he is a shadow of his former self. Nelson made up for his error in first few minutes allowing them to score by making a few outstanding saves. We passed neatly to feet, into space and guess what used intelligence!

Very pleasing and a crowd of over 7000 fans - a lot of Arsenal, I was sitting amongst loads of them, they were v quiet....lol

Why was Nelson subbed or was it just to give Steer some game time?

I think it was just to give Steer a bit of action AJ. Nelson didn''t do much wrong, apart from letting in their first goal. He made several saves and blocked lots of their shots on goal. Steer had a few saves to make but by the time he came on the game was over really. We looked far more interested than Arsenal. However both teams contributed to a great game full of flowing footie. Best game I have seen since the Brum game and that includes the Wolves win.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Well we won 4-2 and frankly outplayed them. Sorry my hands are frozen and will add more later. Renton and Daley great upfront, all of them very impressive bar Eagle. What has happened to the lad, he is a shadow of his former self. Nelson made up for his error in first few minutes allowing them to score by making a few outstanding saves. We passed neatly to feet, into space and guess what used intelligence!

Very pleasing and a crowd of over 7000 fans - a lot of Arsenal, I was sitting amongst loads of them, they were v quiet....lol[/quote]very impressive - and a good morale booster - also the crowd must have boosted the coffers - not many freebie season tickets holders with all those young local gooner supporters...or am i wrong on right, maybe many were there supporting 2nd (both teams)...and yeah, blooming cold or wot...