Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fellow

All Reoder outers whats your opinion

We get rid of Reoder whith what money? We look for another manager could be Sir Alex or Mr Blobby but what would you pay their wages with? Land surrounding the club? You then have the problem with any potential new manager having no budget for January and with our financial state who in their right mind would want to come to a clu in such a financial mess?

I know Reoder is arrogant and some of the things he has said and done in the past he shouldn''t but it looks like he will be staying for a little while longer yet. I''d even go as far as to bet he will still be here this time next season.

Reoder IN and some investment would also be welcome (NEEDED) 

To be honest, I think you''re right. He does seem to be a bit of a c**k but the job of a manager is not to win popularity contests but football matches. Obviously, he''s not doing either at the moment but I don''t really see that there is anything that we can do about the situation until we get some decent investment into the club. And Gaawwd knows when or if that''ll happen.

Until we do we are basically floating down s**t creek without a paddle and I can''t really see what good it will do to sack Roeder. Would be nice to have some reliable info on what the situation/tensions are like within the club (other than rumours, speculation and hearsay).    

He''s a good manager.

Amazing its never the players fault in the ''man management '' issues

We had a player a few seasons ago who was lucky not to go away for drugs and assault. The club (as do most clubs) do a fantastic job of ''man management''

When you consider the age of the players and the temptation laid before them, its a miracle as little info slips out as it does Why do you think certain players have real bad downturns in form? Get dropped for no apparent (public) reason?

Next season there will be more radical drug testing introduced. About time too. Dont get me wrong, I''m actually in favour of recreational drugs, but not when it affects work and or the people around you detrimentally

Roeder inherited a culture that was rotten. Its getting better.

[quote user="IBA"]He''s a good manager.

Amazing its never the players fault in the ''man management '' issues

We had a player a few seasons ago who was lucky not to go away for drugs and assault. The club (as do most clubs) do a fantastic job of ''man management''

When you consider the age of the players and the temptation laid before them, its a miracle as little info slips out as it does Why do you think certain players have real bad downturns in form? Get dropped for no apparent (public) reason?

Next season there will be more radical drug testing introduced. About time too. Dont get me wrong, I''m actually in favour of recreational drugs, but not when it affects work and or the people around you detrimentally

Roeder inherited a culture that was rotten. Its getting better.[/quote]So your saying that we have a squad full of Coke heads? not that I would be suprised.... ive seen many a city player leaving lavatories wiping their noses.....

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Cant afford to sack him. Cant afford to replace him.[/quote]I actually think we can afford to sack him and replace him but as far as the board are concerned Roeder was the last roll of the dice, he was the last chance saloon and they know it, employing yet another abject manager after Grant has left them standing on the edge of the Great Chase Canyon, with nowhere to goI''m sure they could find the money  but it would be a bit like getting money from under your mattress to pay for double glazed windows, when you know your house is about to be repossessed

Has anyone an idea what it would cost to pay up the remaining 18mths of his contract?

[quote user="cityangel"]Has anyone an idea what it would cost to pay up the remaining 18mths of his contract?[/quote]

It''s a guess but I would think you would be looking at around £600-700k region plus anything else that''s in the contract - house rental repayment etc etc.  Some Managers have silence clauses as well - you pay for them to keep quiet afterwards!  I have no idea if that applies to your Manager but some certainly have them.

IMO we won''t be able to afford to bin Roeder, and am not sure that we should anyway - changing managers every year can simply never work.  Managers always reckon they need time to get sides to play their way and are never given enough of it, so finances may well dictate that NCFC gives him that chance, for better or worse. 

It has to be said that right now Roeder comes across as a bit of a muppet at times - and God knows we are having a pretty shitty time of it at the moment - but you have to say that anything and everything he says and does is currently nit-picked to a degree that would never be the case were we going better.  

[quote user="Darren"]

We get rid of Reoder whith what money? We look for another manager could be Sir Alex or Mr Blobby but what would you pay their wages with? Land surrounding the club? You then have the problem with any potential new manager having no budget for January and with our financial state who in their right mind would want to come to a clu in such a financial mess?

I know Reoder is arrogant and some of the things he has said and done in the past he shouldn''t but it looks like he will be staying for a little while longer yet. I''d even go as far as to bet he will still be here this time next season.

Reoder IN and some investment would also be welcome (NEEDED) 

[/quote]

Hi Darren mate, I can''t believe they turned you down at Colney.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]So your saying that we have a squad full of Coke heads? [/quote]

No, thats not what I said at all. Many of the problems have been dealt with. The thought of Morrison coming to Norwich was very popular amongst certain members of the camp at one time. Thank **** THAT never happened.

It''s all too late to think about dumping another loser manager because Smith will simply dig out another one for us to pillory.

Leave it for Peter Cullum to sort out. Not only will he ruthlessly throw out the endless dross at CR...but he will make sure they don''t walk away with a wad for being bloody useless.

Maybe Roeder is a good manager, but what has he done the last year really?  Got loads of loanplayers in, shuving our own players out in the cold. The result is clearly, he fucks up the team and by team I mean the players that are under contract with Norwich City. Look at Cureton, he has been a topscorer for about every club he has been in. And what have Roeder made him, a shadow of his capabillities. Roeder might be good at getting new players in, but he can''t build a team that works on the field. And in the end, that is what counts.I don''t care about bringing in Leroy Lita for a couple of months. Sure, he''s good, but It''s a short term solver. We gotta get back to basic, build the team up on confidence on our own players! And I don''t believe Roeder is the man to that job.

Who the feck would you replace him with? I can''t see anyone possible who wouldn''t be a bigger gamble than Grant and look how that turned out.

Nuff said: I guess that''s the main issue...we don''t have one. I think the club should look abroad. There are a lot of great european coaches that are a lot cheaper and could do a great job.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]...but he will make sure they don''t walk away with a wad for being bloody useless.

[/quote]

How would he do that then? A clause in a contract? Good luck getting anyone up the A11 pal

After the last 2 managers why hasn''t the Board put a clause in his Contract sayiing if we in bottom 6 we can sack him with no payoff!!!!

This is bollocks, Roeder out. With the squad weve got we should be mid table looking at the playoffs at least, not scrapping about heading for another relegation fight. This is the same squad remember that thrashed Wolves 5-2 and dominated Birmingham in the 1-1 draw.That speaks volumes. The players are good enough, its Roeder thats the problem.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Who the feck would you replace him with? I can''t see anyone possible who wouldn''t be a bigger gamble than Grant and look how that turned out.[/quote]Aidy Boothroyd? Would be cheap.