Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

The problem with Delia

I may be naive but I think that Delia and co (including Doncaster) have their hearts in the right place, but they are simply incapable of running a football club.  The most important decision any chairman can make is their choice of manager.  I have supported the club since 1968 and the list of managers since that time is interesting

Lol Morgan         sacked

Ron Saunders      genius - turned the club round from a position similar to today and went on to win the title with Villa.  Appalling at PR but good enough to get away with it.

John Bond            got us promoted - entertaining football

Ken Brown            ditto

Dave Stringer      top 5 finishes with no money

Mike Walker       ditto

Martin O''Neill      oh shit - did we really let him go?

Gary Megson      OK he wasn''t great, but the club was falling apart around him

compare and contrast with the Managers appointed by Delia - Rioch, Hamilton, Worthington, Grant and worst of all, Roeder.

The 6 managers starting with Saunders have one thing in common - they weren''t selected by an interview panel and they didn''t bullshit their way into the job.

The answer to our current predicament has to be to get rid of Roeder and allow someone who knows what they are doing to select a replacement.   there is no need for interviews - just look at what they have achieved in similar circumstances with other clubs. 

Only one thing is certain - if we don''t act now we are going down.  This is the worst Norwich team I have seen in 40 years.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

I may be naive but I think that Delia and co (including Doncaster) have their hearts in the right place, but they are simply incapable of running a football club.  The most important decision any chairman can make is their choice of manager.  I have supported the club since 1968 and the list of managers since that time is interesting

Lol Morgan         sacked

Ron Saunders      genius - turned the club round from a position similar to today and went on to win the title with Villa.  Appalling at PR but good enough to get away with it.

John Bond            got us promoted - entertaining football

Ken Brown            ditto

Dave Stringer      top 5 finishes with no money

Mike Walker       ditto

Martin O''Neill      oh shit - did we really let him go?

Gary Megson      OK he wasn''t great, but the club was falling apart around him

compare and contrast with the Managers appointed by Delia - Rioch, Hamilton, Worthington, Grant and worst of all, Roeder.

The 6 managers starting with Saunders have one thing in common - they weren''t selected by an interview panel and they didn''t bullshit their way into the job.

The answer to our current predicament has to be to get rid of Roeder and allow someone who knows what they are doing to select a replacement.   there is no need for interviews - just look at what they have achieved in similar circumstances with other clubs. 

Only one thing is certain - if we don''t act now we are going down.  This is the worst Norwich team I have seen in 40 years.

[/quote]

I dont think we are nowhere near as bad as it got under Grant.

The last couple of games under him we didnt even get in the oppositions box.

We have an average squad who are underperforming. I think the big factors for underperforming are bad man management and dare I say it, fans expectation.

The current situation reminds me of England under Mclaren in terms of he couldnt get the team to play,playing the wrong players and fans expectation.

Good point. She''s never actually appointed anyone who has been a success. Rioch and Hamilton were a disaster. Hamilton brought in Worthington i think and he appointed himself with his caretaker results. Grant was a flop and Roeder looks to now be on borrowed time.At the time Roeder looked a great decision, i was relatively pleased with his appointment, the unbeaten run was great, there were some fantastic results in his early days and staving off relegation was a good job well done.I think a better manager would have got us in the playoffs last yr as at one point we were knockin on the door of the top 6, but threw it away and then got sucked into the relegation fight again. Keane turned Sunderland round from bottom of the league as did Mowbray with WBA so there was no reason why we couldnt have finished in the top 6 last season, and i believe we would have with a better manager.But after the initial turnaround the rot started to set in, we drifted back down the table and then narrowly avoided the abyss with a game to go. But as i state the rot set in and its got no better since then.

She''s appointed quality staff for her catering.....and if the squad was as good as the decor in Delia''s - we''d be in the top 5 of the Championship.....probably.

She`s very proud of HER club but unfortunately has lost the plot.    The reality is, and I can guarantee this,  the staff etc at NCFC are sh.t scared of  Delia and  if  she farts someone will put their hand up!  

I dont remember too many protests the day after ANY of those people were appointed......

In fact, on paper, Grant was a genius appointment and quite a coup.... there were a lot of clubs lining Grant up and we had to pay considerable compensation the Shammers as he was so high;y thought of. he could have been the next O''Neil, Strachan, Coppell.... none of us knew and anyone who said to the contrary was taking a punt against the consensus opinion of the footballing world.

He was a fucking disaster.

hindsight is a cheap shot.

Firstly I think singular should be replaced by plural in the thread title......

Mainly she simply thought we were a bunch of bumpkin simpletons who could be taken for a ride while she cynically glorified in the limelight. Sadly she nearly made it work too.

Overall she foolishly tried to steal something which could never belong to her...a true community club loved by the people of Norwich and it''s surrounding area long before she was ever born....and you can''t do that. Maybe if she''d tried it at Milton Keynes she might have had a chance...but not here.

Saviour my arse...

[quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="IBA"]he was so high;y thought of. he could have been the next O''Neil, Strachan, Coppell.[/quote]Evidence?Thought not.What the *** are you on about?[/quote]

You have a bad memory? No search engine?

[quote]Gary Megson      OK he wasn''t great, but the club was falling apart around him[/quote]

If things don''t work out at Bolton, I think he could do a job for us here if he was interested.  Megson knows how to get out of this league the right way.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Gary Megson      OK he wasn''t great, but the club was falling apart around him[/quote]

If things don''t work out at Bolton, I think he could do a job for us here if he was interested.  Megson knows how to get out of this league the right way.

[/quote]

One of the worst managers we have ever had.

We could not afford to replace all the halftime cups[:D]

[quote]One of the worst managers we have ever had.[/quote]

We were spoiled with some extremely good managers in the 70s - early 90s.  As for megson, he might have been one of the worst then, but he''s had 9 clubs since us.  And a 40% + win rate at West Brom from 2000 - 2004.  So I''d argue that he''s learnt a few tricks since.

[quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="IBA"]he was so high;y thought of. he could have been the next O''Neil, Strachan, Coppell.[/quote]

Evidence?

Thought not.

What the *** are you on about?
[/quote]

Been shopping again Jim?