Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

just one player

[quote user="sturgeon220"]TED MCDOUGAL for me. If you needed a goal he would be the man
[/quote]

Despite the obvious, I agree that he would be just what we need at the moment! [:)]

out of players i have seen i would Say Iwan Roberts, althoug it is hard to single him out above the likes of Hucks, Green and Dublin

[quote user="riverender"]Trevor Hockey. What this club needs more than anything right now is someone with balls.[:D][/quote]

Correct.

You beat me to it.

[quote user="CaptainDejan"]Iwan, agreed.

A big man that can score 20 goals a season consistently.
[/quote]

Except he couldn''t, could he? (Just look at his record).

Martin Peters - World Cup Final Goal Scorer

[quote user="Fuglestad"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Hucks was a great player, and one i''ve loved watching, but to say he is the greatest is the comment which is wide of the mark! Great going forward but never contributed defensively - I wonder how many goals we could have saved over recent years with a left sided midfielder who supported the full back! Hucks never really did anything in the premiership, and was deemed never good enough to play for his country (bar one appearance for England B). To say he is better than Martin Peters, a world cup winner, is just wrong IMO.[/quote]For god''s sake We Want Worthy Back, you really need to get over this. Everyone loves Hucks, no matter how often you piss on everyone''s bonfire, we''re still going to be talking about him for years to come because he was great. This thread was meant to be about players who we miss, something to clear the doom and gloom for a few minutes, and you''ve turned it into an ugly tirade against undesputably our best player of the last decade. [/quote]huckerby is by no means undisputebly the best player of the last decade! we''ve had so many better than him. agree with most of WWWB''s points.back on topic though, Crooky would be back in the team if i could choose.

Dale Gordon was a great player for us. I''d have him back in his peak form. Shame we couldn''t pick ONE player in each postion:-

Attack - Chris Sutton

Midfield - Dale Gordon

Defence - Steve Bruce

Goalkeeper - Bryan Gunn

I remember Dave Philips catching the ball on the touchline with his foot from a throw out from Gunny. His foot was about chest height when he caught it otherwise it would have gone out for a throw in. He got a round of applause from the opposition supporters too!

Er, let me think. Oh, I know

IWAN !  IWAN ! IWAN !!!!!!

Although many of the other choices on here would be great.

Peters, Hucks, Chippy or even Ian Culverhouse. Outstanding sweeper during the Walker years.

But for sheer passion on & off the pitch, It''s got to be the man Iwan

I know you have asked for just one player!, but...

All teams must have a strong spine, & therefore I would go with Keelan, Linighan, O''Neill (Martin) & Sutton.

For me Linighan remains as good as any centre back that I have seen at Norwich. An example of  when we used to scour the lower divisions & sign players who turned out to be as good if not better than the guy they were replacing (other examples must include Bruce & Drinkell). Outstanding in his 74 games with us, prior to playing 118 times for Arsenal.

Chris Sutton in his prime he''d be just what was needed upfront and if we got desperate he could fill in at centre back and still be head and shoulders above what we have at the min, if we had a slightly stronger squad then Hucks

Chris Sutton in his prime he''d be just what was needed upfront and if we got desperate he could fill in at centre back and still be head and shoulders above what we have at the min, if we had a slightly stronger squad then Hucks for

[quote user="BringBackIwan"]

Peters, Hucks, Chippy or even Ian Culverhouse. Outstanding sweeper during the Walker years.

[/quote]Totally agree.Iwan was a great player.

[quote user="Bring-on-Flecky"]

Dale Gordon was a great player for us. I''d have him back in his peak form. Shame we couldn''t pick ONE player in each postion:-

Attack - Chris Sutton

Midfield - Dale Gordon

Defence - Steve Bruce

Goalkeeper - Bryan Gunn

[/quote]

agree with three out of the four, but would have Ian Crook in as the midfield playmaker, God we had some good players, what the hell happened?

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="BringBackIwan"]

[/quote]

Totally agree.

Iwan was a great player.
[/quote]

You obviously never saw Ron Davis play for us and Wales....arrdee.