Sign in to follow this  
sponger

doncaster want cureton

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i must admit i agree with Wiz... if we loaned Jamie to Donny and he started finding his goalscoring form they could start climbing the league and over take us.. it would be suicidal to loan him to anyone in this division.

jas :)

[/quote]

But if he doesn''t find goalscoring form, which is much more likely, then it''s good news for us.

It depends what it would mean for us. If it means we could hold on to Leroy for a little bit longer then it has to be done.

[/quote]

Leroy isnt the answer to our problems though is he? since he has been here our league position HAS NOT improved.. is he really worth perservering with?

jas :)

[/quote]

Well he''s definitely a big part of the answer. He''s a goalscorer. I think it gives everyone, players and fans, a lift knowing that we have got someone in the team who you''d always fancy to score a goal.

Just need a Iwan or Dion type figure to play alongside him...

just because the lad isnt doing well for yourselves doesnt mean he wont do well somwhere else

suprised no one picked up on my previous comment but no one worried you are helping out a fellow rival league team if a deal was in place?

certain chris brown went to pne last season under similar comments, didnt blow league away but got pne a few vital winners to keep them out relegation battle

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]But without Lita''s goals we would be in the bottom three already.[/quote]

No no no Graham, we wouldn''t be. Because to make your new rules fair every other club would have to lose the goals scored by their top scorer. We''d only lose 5 points so it may not be as bad as you think.

[quote user="Grando"]Could Doncaster take Neil Doncaster too whilst they''re at it?[/quote]

Doncaster takes Doncaster ..........I''d like that one ;o))

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="we are top league we are top league "]

just because the lad isnt doing well for yourselves doesnt mean he wont do well somwhere else

suprised no one picked up on my previous comment but no one worried you are helping out a fellow rival league team if a deal was in place?

certain chris brown went to pne last season under similar comments, didnt blow league away but got pne a few vital winners to keep them out relegation battle

[/quote]

It was the first point I raised on page one of this thread...........[:|]

[/quote]Beat me to it. I remember around this time last year many fans saying they could not wait for Brown to go, and that Preston overpaid for him. Think the PNE fans are pretty happy with him.Ill happily let JC go to a league one club, but it would be foolish to send him to a club in this division. Although he is a poor striker, he has showed that he can score goals in this division. I doubt he would do a lot, but would rather not give him the opportunity.

[quote user="Lord Snooty "]

No doubt in my mind that Roeder has corroded JC''s confidence big time. I really don''t care what anybody says, JC is a good striker and capable of scoring lots of goals - if managed well and played within the right tactics and strategy. If he goes to Doncaster he will be come automatic first choice and starting games will do no end of good for his confidence alongside Gareth Taylor who is big, tall, experienced and holds the ball up well. So, potential for JC to start scoring for fun again and pull Doncaster Rovers away from the relegation zone.

[/quote]Scoring for fun again? When was the first time? He has had one good season at Col U and an alright one with us, hardly much evidence for his goal scoring threat.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]But without Lita''s goals we would be in the bottom three already.[/quote]

No no no Graham, we wouldn''t be. Because to make your new rules fair every other club would have to lose the goals scored by their top scorer. We''d only lose 5 points so it may not be as bad as you think.[/quote]

But my point was in response to Jas who says our position hasn''t improved since Lita has been here. Which to me (though I may be wrong) suggests that it wasn''t worth signing him. But it was - I was pointing out that if we hadn''t have signed him we wouldn''t have those five points, I doubt anyone else would''ve scored those goals as we don''t seem to have anyone else here who can do it. If we were taking out all the goals scored by every club''s top scorer then yes, I imagine you''d be right, but it wasn''t what I was trying to say.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Lord Snooty "]

No doubt in my mind that Roeder has corroded JC''s confidence big time. I really don''t care what anybody says, JC is a good striker and capable of scoring lots of goals - if managed well and played within the right tactics and strategy. If he goes to Doncaster he will be come automatic first choice and starting games will do no end of good for his confidence alongside Gareth Taylor who is big, tall, experienced and holds the ball up well. So, potential for JC to start scoring for fun again and pull Doncaster Rovers away from the relegation zone.

[/quote]

Scoring for fun again? When was the first time? He has had one good season at Col U and an alright one with us, hardly much evidence for his goal scoring threat.
[/quote]

He was a prolific scorer alongside Akinbiyi, Jason Roberts and Iwelumo. He was even our top scorer last season with 14 goals - no mean effort playing for a crap, releagtion threatened team. His track record proves beyond any doubt that if partnered by the right striker he can score lots of goals. Therefore, if he goes to a club and manager that has demostrated that they want him, then with a fresh start and confidence restored, big strike partner and no carping moaners in the crowd there is no reason why a proven striker like JC will not start scoring goals again.

cant see him ever being 20 goal man in this league again

but.....

he could quite easily score 4-8 important goals to keep doncaster up

[quote user="Lord Snooty "][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Lord Snooty "]

[/quote]Scoring for fun again? When was the first time? He has had one good season at Col U and an alright one with us, hardly much evidence for his goal scoring threat.[/quote]

He was a prolific scorer alongside Akinbiyi, Jason Roberts and Iwelumo. He was even our top scorer last season with 14 goals - no mean effort playing for a crap, releagtion threatened team. His track record proves beyond any doubt that if partnered by the right striker he can score lots of goals. Therefore, if he goes to a club and manager that has demostrated that they want him, then with a fresh start and confidence restored, big strike partner and no carping moaners in the crowd there is no reason why a proven striker like JC will not start scoring goals again.

[/quote]I dont agree his track record shows him to be a decent league 1 striker, anbd out of his depth at this level, especially now he is older and has lost his pace. I really dont see what he brings to our team.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Lord Snooty "][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Lord Snooty "]

[/quote]

Scoring for fun again? When was the first time? He has had one good season at Col U and an alright one with us, hardly much evidence for his goal scoring threat.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I dont agree his track record shows him to be a decent league 1 striker, anbd out of his depth at this level, especially now he is older and has lost his pace. I really dont see what he brings to our team.
[/quote]

Fair enough but what can''t be ignored is the fact that partnering Iwelumo for at Colechester he scored more goals than any other Championship player as recently as the 2006/2007 season and won the Golden Boot. He joined Norwich as recently as the summer of last year ! I point to two bad managers in Grant and the corrosive Roeder, a club in crisis, a lack of the right strike partner, the wrong tactics (playing JC alone up front !) and the fact that he has only been deemed good enough to start one match since last March as the reasons why his confidence is shot and he wants a fresh start. Good players don''t go downhill that quickly unless there are reasons and I believe that I have accurately listed them.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="we are top league we are top league "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just behind the ''I''m not saying or thinking this, but I did the other day until I banished all such thoughts, do you think it would be good if we lost Saturday, I''m not saying it or thinking it just typing it, and wondering about it too, at odd times.'' 

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="we are top league we are top league "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just behind the ''I''m not saying or thinking this, but I did the other day until I banished all such thoughts, do you think it would be good if we lost Saturday, I''m not saying it or thinking it just typing it, and wondering about it too, at odd times.'' 

[/quote]

Did you just squeak 1st Wannabee? [:D]

And as per usual its not relevent.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

No no no Graham, we wouldn''t be. Because to make your new rules fair every other club would have to lose the goals scored by their top scorer. We''d only lose 5 points so it may not be as bad as you think.[/quote]

But my point was in response to Jas who says our position hasn''t improved since Lita has been here. Which to me (though I may be wrong) suggests that it wasn''t worth signing him. But it was - I was pointing out that if we hadn''t have signed him we wouldn''t have those five points, I doubt anyone else would''ve scored those goals as we don''t seem to have anyone else here who can do it. If we were taking out all the goals scored by every club''s top scorer then yes, I imagine you''d be right, but it wasn''t what I was trying to say.

[/quote]

Yes and it''s a fair point Graham but whether we have anyone else who can score those goals is a debatable point for sure. I don''t think Cureton can score those goals on current form because he has had 505 minutes on the pitch for his 0 goals. Lita has had 710 minutes pitch time for his 5 goals while Lupoli has only had 466 mins for his 4. So I think on this evidence Lupoli can score the goals while he is on the pitch but isn''t physically strong enough to last more than an hour in the Championship.

My conclusion is that on current form at least Cureton''s wage would be better spent elsewhere and in this case the loans are better than our own player.

regardless of how much you lot dont rate him

loaning him to fellow relagtion candidate is pure stupidity

[/quote]

You are an expert on that.

Good job Reading don''t see it that way

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

I''d let the lad leave. Doncaster will be a good team for him to get back to sharpness and free up some resources for us.

[/quote]

So you support sending one of strikers to aid one of our rivals..........priceless logic that!

[/quote]Considering said striker is not even making the team, yes. It''s quite simply logic; include a recall option, let him go to get games and fitness and call him back if needed.

[quote user="sponger"]

doncaster our interested in signing jamie cureton any thoughts.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED20%20Nov%202008%2009%3A56%3A13%3A207

[/quote]This is such an easy decision.505 minutes on the pitch.  No goals scored.  High wage earner.Loan him out and use the wages for someone who can score goals... or give Renton (8 in 8 for the reserves) a shot, he can''t be worse.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

I''d let the lad leave. Doncaster will be a good team for him to get back to sharpness and free up some resources for us.

[/quote]

So you support sending one of strikers to aid one of our rivals..........priceless logic that!

[/quote]Show me how lending an expensive flop who can''t score goals to a struggling team is poor logic?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="we are top league we are top league "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On a par with about 99.9% of the cack you spout, especially about the wonderful ''Mr Can''t hit a cow''s a**e with a banjo Cureton''.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="we are top league we are top league "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On a par with about 99.9% of the cack you spout, especially about the wonderful ''Mr Can''t hit a cow''s a**e with a banjo Cureton''.

[/quote]I''m not saying I agree with this statement, and I might not actually believe this myself, but does anyone think loaning out Jamie Cureton would be amazingly good business?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="sponger"]

doncaster our interested in signing jamie cureton any thoughts.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED20%20Nov%202008%2009%3A56%3A13%3A207

[/quote]

This is such an easy decision.

505 minutes on the pitch.  No goals scored.  High wage earner.

Loan him out and use the wages for someone who can score goals... or give Renton (8 in 8 for the reserves) a shot, he can''t be worse.

[/quote]

Fair comments there Mr C, but it is still a very risk strategy in letting a striker go out on loan to another club who are in a similar mess to us, no matter how his form has been. I LMAO when Chris Brown joined Preston, scored a few useful goals for them though hasn''t he? However, it might be bearable IF the club do what you say, and use the wages for someone who can score goals, like Lita for example.

As for Kris Renton, I see your point obviously, but I think it might be wise if we nurtured him more as he must still be getting 100% fit after his broken leg. I think I''m right in saying that he was out of action for the best part of a year or more? I''m also not sure if it''s a good idea in throwing inexperienced youngsters, no matter how talented they are at reserve level, straight into what is (at the moment) a relegation fight. If they fail to do a job, their confidence could be shattered by any booing and abuse directed at them and then Roeder will be accused of putting in boys to do a man''s job. It''s easy for us to say "He can''t be any worse" etc., but it''s quite a big step up for them. Renton''s done that only once remember, a lot has happened since then - mainly his broken leg!

Anyhow, back to Curo - anyone read this?

http://www.essexcountystandard.co.uk/sport/localsport/3861915.Loan_move_for_Cureton_/#show

[:|]A few points about Jamie if I may (and I''ll try and avoid being patronising, hard though that is of course on behalf of either Colchester United or Lincoln City [:D] but I''ll do my best.)

First off, I have no idea whether he was a one season wonder with us or not but at the time I, and a few thousand others, were grateful for the contribution he made and while it may just have been luck (some Hull fans now think the mightily pissed off Deano was just luck while Deano is simply flooring his successor on a bonding away day but I digress)  I did enjoy a few of the first time volleys that left keepers rooted to the spot although I would not have liked it the other way round.

In the season he had with us he was never used as a lone striker up front on his own.  He was to hang about and collect from his Deliverer, in our case mostly Iwelumo. Jamie isn''t the tallest of players and Chris made sure he delivered his (often very accurate) crosses at a level which made them an attractive proposition for Jamie.  That season, he put the best of them away anyway and I feel they should have cut the Golden Boot in half and if you talk with Jamie he will be the first to talk up Chris and his contribution and they remain good mates as they were on and off the field.

He''s still good mates with most of the U''s, particularly with Izzy, and can occasionally be found in what passes for a nightclub in Colchester.  (They are known as Fightclubs down here).

For several weeks now U''s fans have thought that Jamie has been trying to talk himself back in.  It started with a piece just prior to our derby with  Southend (or Massives as you prefer) and as Big Mark has noted  in his link continues in the same newspaper.

At the moment it is ending in tears.  We''ve changed Managers and Phil Lambert has just taken Jermaine Easter on loan from Plymouth (his old mate from downtown Wycombe Wanderers) together with a teen from Aston Villa who looks promising.  He''s on the record as saying he has not "specifically targeted Cureton but I am looking for a striker like him". Some think this might be a negotiating ploy this end over his wages.

If a deal can be struck I think Jamie - who is absolutely desperate to play - would be given a chance by a number of League One clubs provided the money is not prohibitive - at least till January, see what happens and then who knows?

I like Phil Parkinson''s quote about Jamie, personally.

"Christ, he is a lazy bugger.  When we were kids we used to call them goalhangers. But put people up who can win the ball and get it to him at the right height - chest at the highest - and he''ll bang them away soon as look at you.  He''s got f**k all height and f**k all chase on him.  If anyone hired Curo without the right ball they''d be wasting their ******** time."[:|]

(And Jamie: if perchance you happen to read this Message Board could you txt Izzy and tell him to stop rolling his eyes at the Manager''s barked instructions lest you have further to travel to meet up with him after January.  Thanks).

I could see this a costly mistake. Sell him/loan him to a league 1 team but not to a relegation rival. We''ll just be asking for it won''t we? I do like Canary Nut''s comment though but when we sold brown he only had 1 goal... sigh...

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Thanks for that cam, very good and not in the slightest bit patronising neither [:O] LOL [:D] [:D][/quote]

I think I ended up with the wrong clubs to be patronising.

U''s away to Peterborough, Imps at home to Shrewsbury.

Come on U''s, come on Imps.

Shrugs, oh well never mind.[+o(]

It doesn''t matter either way.  There''s nothing I can do about it.  They will either will or they won''t.[:)]