Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Was Cureton a panic buy at £800k?

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Yes he was....

...but not many thought that at the time[/quote]Beg to differ.Sold Ashton, bought Earnshaw.  I could just about live with that.Sold Earnshaw, bought Cureton.  Garbage.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Yes he was.... ...but not many thought that at the time[/quote]

Beg to differ.

Sold Ashton, bought Earnshaw.  I could just about live with that.

Sold Earnshaw, bought Cureton.  Garbage.

[/quote]

As it''s turned out MC, Cureton has proved to be a very poor investment. But only with hindsight.

I had my reservations at the time because not too many players make successful returns to their former clubs but it''s hard to argue that an £800,000 fee for the Championship''s top scorer is too much 

Maybe we can recoup a fair chunk of that from Donny, seeing as they need goals urgently and hte Jan window isn''t the easiest or cheapest in which to do business.Seeing as he''s short on confidence, to say the least, it could be a master stroke - get 500k for him and sell our relegation rivals a striker who can''t score!

[quote user="BIC"]Maybe we can recoup a fair chunk of that from Donny, seeing as they need goals urgently and hte Jan window isn''t the easiest or cheapest in which to do business.
Seeing as he''s short on confidence, to say the least, it could be a master stroke - get 500k for him and sell our relegation rivals a striker who can''t score!
[/quote]

..and then watch him start scoring for fun...and Doncaster go above us in the League. You can see it happening somehow, can''t you?

The one thing still puzzles me is the three year deal for a player coming to the end of his career and the price for a 30 year old plus player it did not make sense then and still does not.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Yes he was.... ...but not many thought that at the time[/quote]

Beg to differ.

Sold Ashton, bought Earnshaw.  I could just about live with that.

Sold Earnshaw, bought Cureton.  Garbage.

[/quote]

Totally agree,like replacing your Ferrari with a push bike with one wheel...and the one wheel has got a nail in it....and the handle bars are wobbly...and the seat is like a razor blade...and the frame is cracked... and the bike is just Sh*t, you get my point!

[quote]

..and then watch him start scoring for fun...and Doncaster go above us in the League. You can see it happening somehow, can''t you?

[/quote]I wish it weren''t true, but I honestly think he''s finished at this

level. I can''t see him scoring many for them at all. He''s on the rocky

road now and we should cash in while he''s still worth something.

Blatantly he was only bought to try and keep the fans happy after Earnshaw was sold. I didn''t think he''d be terribly useful at the time and thought he was expensive for a 32-year-old but having said that I thought he''d do better than he has.

Cureton isn''t the only underachiever or underperformer at Cash Collapsing Carrow.....and I don''t just single out the playing squad.

I also said at the time that we''d paid way too much for him (about £250k would have been about right).

Was disappointed with his signing, maybe the same as letting Ashton go and signing Earnie. It has just been the general direction of signings for norwich city for the past 3 seasons. I wern''t too impressed by Russell''s or Fozzy''s signatures either. Infact I''m just gonna go the whole way and say Grant was an idiot.

[quote user="BIC"]Maybe we can recoup a fair chunk of that from Donny, seeing as they need goals urgently and hte Jan window isn''t the easiest or cheapest in which to do business.Seeing as he''s short on confidence, to say the least, it could be a master stroke - get 500k for him and sell our relegation rivals a striker who can''t score![/quote]I am sure that Donny will only want him on loan

Yes, he scored 2 against the Saints and 3 against Col U and 2 against the might Barnet. So in all the other games he played he scored just 7. Yes he was a panic buy then and we''re stuck with paying his wages for FA return for the next season and a half. No wonder this club is always pleading poverty!

[quote user="BIC"]Maybe we can recoup a fair chunk of that from Donny, seeing as they need goals urgently and hte Jan window isn''t the easiest or cheapest in which to do business.
Seeing as he''s short on confidence, to say the least, it could be a master stroke - get 500k for him and sell our relegation rivals a striker who can''t score!
[/quote]

And if his goals earn them 5 wins, thats 15 points to our rivals, smart move![:|]

No, he''s only being bashed cos he''s flopped this year,  but so has the entire team really.  He scored 14 last year,  which was more than the so called million + players we were supposed to be signing.We could have easily spent twice as much bought a player who scored half a dozen, and been relegated last year.

i think after missing out on billy sharp and freddy eastwood, jamie cureton was a rushed deal

i only thought deal was around 300-400k? though?

i always said when you signed him that he was flash in pan and to least sign another striker.

thats where you failed in last 18months in never really replacing 20goal man rob earnshaw

Real shame for Jamie lad, with no target man, our wee un will always struggle, no flicks or knock downs etc for him to feed off.

Confidence is rock bottom, and this season he and everyone else can see, his legs have gone, no pace.

When we sold him years ago I said it was a disgrace, he went on to score a lot of goals elsewhere.

[quote user="we are top league we are top league "]

i think after missing out on billy sharp and freddy eastwood, jamie cureton was a rushed deal

i only thought deal was around 300-400k? though?

i always said when you signed him that he was flash in pan and to least sign another striker.

thats where you failed in last 18months in never really replacing 20goal man rob earnshaw

[/quote]Again, beat me to it.From what I remember of that summer, we were after Sharp, Eastwood and JC.Sharp went elsewhere, Eastwood went to Coventry, and JC was the only realistic permanent target left. I remember most fans wanting two of those three, and that if we signed someone like Sharp/Eastwood then JC would also be a good signing. However most thought signing JC as a first choice was a mistake. Its a shame how its turned out, but he just hasnt been good enough. Especially for that amount of money.

Oh and to add to my post to get the best out of JC it was pretty obvious he would need a suitable striker to play alongside, Dave the Striker was not the answer. And since then its just gone downhill very quickly.